2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 3 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

Against Plovdiv the ratings are all websites
and media 7 of them .

Lloris 5.7, Doherty 5 14, Sanchez 5.3, Dier 5.3, Davies 4.7, Sissoko 4.85, Hojbjerg 5.14, Loco 6.85, Bergwijn 6, Son 5, Kane 6, Ndombele 7.5, Moura 6, Lamela 5.7.

Davies at the bottom of the pile which is pretty much where he was last season.

v Southamption

LLoris 7.5, Sanchez 3.5, Dier 5, Dochetry 2, Davies 3.5, Winks 4, Hoiberg 4.5 Ndom 5.5, Moura 4, Son 10, Kane 9.5, Lamela 6, LoCo 6.5, Begwjn 5

Jose 6. - A big improvement

Last edited:
Lloris 6, Doherty 4.5, Sanchez 5, Dier 4.5, Davies 5, PEH 4, Winks 3, Ndombele 5.5, Moura 3, Kane 8.5, Son 9.5, LoCo, 6.5, Lamela 6, Bergwijn 5

Southhampton ratings:

Hugo- 7 - Fine game...couple critical saves in first half when we could have gone down 2-3 goals

Sanchez - 3 - Erratic play and not a commanding display...Matt had no help inside.

Dier - 3 - A little better than Sanchez...but not much. The titanic could not turn to keep up with Ings for their goal. Just not inspiring...

Matt - 3 - Offsides prevented a nice assist in the first half...but after that, he was exposed again and again...but he wasn't alone...the entire back line was horrible.

Davies - 3 - Same as Matt, but no almost assist.

Winks - 2 - Was he even on the pitch? I have no idea...even still.

Hoiberg 4 - He struggled....but had no help in front or behind him. He improved after Loco and Lamela came on...

NDom - 4 - One good pass to set up our first goal...and that is about all I saw. I still don't see it. LoCo is an improvement in every part of his game...

Lucas - 2 - Shit...just horrible.

Son - 9 - what can you say...he is fast and for some reason Southhampton kept playing a high line...very strange tactic...oh well he will take 4 goals. He did his job and finished like a striker should. Credit to him

Kane - 9 - Best passer on our team...and it isn't even close. I think his role is becoming clear...hopefully JM can see it. He shouldn't be up top anymore, Pull him back to the slot and let him spray passes all over the park to Son and Bale. Can be an assist machine if we utilize him right.

LoCo - 8 - Immediate impact. Stabiized the midfield alongside Lamela who came on soon after and started possessing the ball...which created space for Kane and Son to do their damage. Simply brilliant.

Lamela 7.5 - Not as much impact as LoCo but his impact was felt in his optimal role as IMPACT SUB. Should have scored, but it did fall nicely to give Kane his first. Very nice game.

Berg - 5 - I want to rate him higher...but not sure if anyone else saw it but I think he looked frustrated at not getting on the pitch sooner and he didn't look happy while on the pitch either. I have a bad feeling his time with us may be short...and I think we wasted him...he is a good talent.

Couple things:
**Dear Lord we need help at CB
**I cannot wait for our new LB...wow Davies looked pedestrian today...
**It was the Son and Kane show...but make no mistake it really didn't get going until LoCo and then Lamela started influencing our midfield. Those subs turned the game.

When Bale starts instead of Lucas and LoCo starts as our AM....this will be downright scary for defenses...now sort out our defense and we could be onto something!

Mine would be

Lloris 8 - Kept us in it
Doherty 5 - We need this guy fitter
Sanchez 6 - Mostly OK
Dier 5 - played OK, but made a critical error
Davies 6 - as always, stuck at it
Hojberg 6 - grew into the game
Winks 6 - worked hard but we need more from him
Ndombele 6 - seriously needs to get himself fit
Moura 1 - pointless
Kane 10 - a masterclass
Son 10 - bright throughout and obviously got the goals

Subs
Gio 8 - puts Winks to shame
Lamela 7 - so much better than Moura
Bergwijn - not on long enough

Jose 5 - got the 18 wrong, got the 11 wrong but his game management was good. He's a lucky boy that a couple of senior players saved his mistakes.

My ratings
Lloris 6, Davies 6, Doherty 4, Sanchez 5, Dier 4, Hojbjerg 4, Winks 3, Ndombele 6, Moura 3, Son 9, Kane 9, Loco 7, Lamela 6, Berg 4, Jose 7.

Here's Alistars..

Here's how we rated the Tottenham Hotspur players after their 5-2 victory at Southampton in the Premier League

By
Alasdair GoldTottenham Hotspur correspondent

Hugo Lloris

The Frenchman pulled off a tremendous save just ten minutes in, pushing over Adams' powerful close range effort. Rushed out and had to improvise a header which ended up hitting Ings' hand and saw the Saints' strikers shot into the empty net ruled out. Might have felt he should have done better with Ings' first half goal. Made another important save in the second half with his legs to keep the hosts out but couldn't keep out Ings' penalty. 7

Matt Doherty

Battled well to head the ball for Kane to hook home only for VAR to rule out the early effort. Had a tough day at the office down his side and gave away a penalty late on for a handball, which according to the rules should not have been given as it was deflected on to him. 5

Davinson Sanchez

Couldn't get near Ings for the goal in the first half but improved as the game wore on, trying to help out Doherty. 6

Eric Dier

Was in no man's land for Ings' first half goal and had some shaky moments. 5

Ben Davies

Made a terrific double block on the floor to deny Saints 20 minutes in. With Sergio Reguilon's arrival he had to put in a solid defensive display and he had less of a time of it than Doherty on the other side. 6

Tanguy Ndombele

His first start of the season after Thursday's winning goal and he played a lovely through ball to Kane 12 minutes in which the striker left for the offside Son. Picked up a yellow card late in the half before pulling off a wonderful turn before playing in Kane who found Son to score just before the break. Was taken off at the break after a mixed first half presumably because of that yellow card and his fitness. 6

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg

Grew in stature as the game wore on, playing in an anchor man role in front of the back four. Much better from the Dane as he kept things basic. 7

Harry Winks

Still hasn't found his role yet when he's playing alongside Hojbjerg and some of his passing was off target. You could hear him shouting in frustration a number of times. Improved in the second half but hasn't nailed down his spot yet. 5

Lucas Moura

Not a match he'll remember fondly as he struggled with his end product and his passing was poor. He came off after an hour. 4

Harry Kane

Hooked home a shot after just three minutes but VAR ruled it out for offside. Had the ball in the net again in the first half only for another offside against a team-mate. He turned creator with two assists for Son either side of the break before making it a hat-trick of set-ups with a clever chip to the South Korean just after the hour mark. He kept on creating, adding a fourth assist for Son and then played in Lamela for what could have been Spurs' fifth goal. He got the goal he deserved on 82 minutes, reacting quickly to follow up Lamela's saved shot for his 190th goal for Spurs. Four assist and a goal. What a day. 10

Son Heung-min

Adjudged offside by VAR in the build-up to Spurs' early ruled out 'goal'. He was relatively quiet for much of the first half before bursting to life before the break. He fired home clinically either side of the break after making perfect runs. He then completed his hat-trick on 65 minutes with another inch-perfect run and finish. He wasn't done there though with a fourth goal, controlling another Kane pass before tucking it away. He tried to set up Lamela for his own goal later on but the Argentine didn't take the chance. A clinical day from Son. 10

In each football.london Tottenham bulletin, we'll bring you the latest breaking news, transfer features and comment pieces, as well as the key talking points for fans.

We'll also send special newsletters when big stories break or there's a special event happening.
How do you sign up?

It's easy and only takes seconds. Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article - or any article in the Spurs section of football.london in fact - labelled 'Get the biggest daily stories by email' and click 'Subscribe'.

And that's it, you're all set. If you decide later you no longer wish to receive the emails, hit the unsubscribe link in the newsletters - but we don't think you'll want to. For more details, click here.

Subs

Giovani Lo Celso

Replaced Ndombele at the break and he upped the tempo with his workrate and control. He was involved in the second goal soon after coming on and was a constant thorn in Saints' side. Spurs looked so much better with him on the pitch. 8

Erik Lamela

Another busy Argentine substitute. He could have had two goals, fluffing one chance presented to him by Son and then saw his shot late on pushed on to the post for Kane to knock it home. 6

Steven Bergwijn

Replaced Kane late on and had a couple of forays forward. N/A

Can I join in?

Lloris 7, Davies 5, Doherty 4, Sanchez 5, Dier 5, Hojbjerg 4, Winks 2, Ndombele 6, Moura 2, Son 10, Kane 9, Loco 7, Lamela 7, Berg 4

Lamela every bit as big an impact as Loco. Winks none existant. Moura is causing bad things to happen with his headless chicken act. Son looked like he could score at will. Kane got a big glimpse of his future. He can no longer be the man to do the chasing. Lloris looked like the keeper I saw at the end of last season.

Some very poor performances and some really good performances. Quite easy to see which

Vs Sothampton

Lloris 6, Doherty 5, Sanchez 6, Dier 4, Davies 6, Hojbjerg 6.5, Winks2.5, Ndombele 7, Moura 3, Kane 10, Son 10, Lo Celso 6.5, Lamela 6 Mourinho 6.5

Here are the final ratings averages from us in the first column from 8 posters and then from 6 websites and media in the second.

Lloris 6, 6.66
Doherty 4.06, 5.66
Sanchez 5.18, 5.5
Dier 4.43, 5.16
Davies 5.06, 5.5
Winks 3.43, 5.33
Hojbjerg 5, 6.5
Ndombele 5.87, 6
Moura 2.75, 4.5
Son 9.68, 9 66
Kane 9.37, 9.66
Loco 7.18, 7 16
Lamela 6.43, 6 5
Bergwijn 5, 5

I didnt get enough ratings for Jose but the indications were around 6. I must remember to include from now on.
As before the media ratings are higher than ours and a couple of ours were quite scathing which brings the average down. But the overwhelming poor performance came from Moura so that needs watching. Winks was also poor so likewise.
Thanks for your contributions.
The full 90 is up on the Spurs website if anyone wants to watch.

Here are the final ratings averages from us in the first column from 8 posters and then from 6 websites and media in the second.

Lloris 6, 6.66
Doherty 4.06, 5.66
Sanchez 5.18, 5.5
Dier 4.43, 5.16
Davies 5.06, 5.5
Winks 3.43, 5.33
Hojbjerg 5, 6.5
Ndombele 5.87, 6
Moura 2.75, 4.5
Son 9.68, 9 66
Kane 9.37, 9.66
Loco 7.18, 7 16
Lamela 6.43, 6 5
Bergwijn 5, 5

I didnt get enough ratings for Jose but the indications were around 6. I must remember to include from now on.
As before the media ratings are higher than ours and a couple of ours were quite scathing which brings the average down. But the overwhelming poor performance came from Moura so that needs watching. Winks was also poor so likewise.
Thanks for your contributions.
The full 90 is up on the Spurs website if anyone wants to watch.

Great work Nick, when I send Walthy a bottle (this week) I'll send one to you - what spirit do you drink and DM me your address - this is good stuff.

Just so we are all using the same formula for grading...it may help level the bubbles a bit...

I have been using:

1-10
--1 - ABSOLUTE SHIT, like zero hope. We are better off with them not being on pitch.

--5 - Average - so anything below 5 is below average showing, above is above average showing

--10 - FUCKING AMAZING...nuff said

**so that is why you lower numbers from me. I tend to grade poor performances, in my opinion, as below a '5'. And vice versa.

Thoughts, is this off from how others are grading?

Lloris 7 - Might have done better for the goal, but that's harsh considering the saves he made.
Doherty 5 - Not great, but not terrible either. I expect to see a lot more when he's fitter and up to speed. Absolute joke of a penalty given against him, but that's a rant for another day.
Sanchez 6 - Had a good game.
Dier 5 - Caught out by KWP's ball over the top, his only saving grace was the great touch and finish by Ings. Other than that, he was okay.
Davies 6 - Put another shift in defensively, which is his primary job.
Hojberg 5 - Better than last week, which couldn't be hard!
Winks 4 - I just don't think he's good enough, which is not his fault. Tries hard, is neat and tidy and ...
Ndombele 5- Did brilliantly for the Son's first goal and other than that was okay.
Moura 3 - He's had a nightmare start to the season. Bergwijn must be gutted sat on the bench watching him out there.
Kane 10 - Outstanding
Son 10 - Same as Kane

Lo Celso 7.5 - Massive impact when he came on and ran the show. More of this, please!
Lamela 6.5 - Like Lo Celso, had a positive impact. Worked hard and did well.
Bergwijn - No rating as he wasn't on long enough, but he must be pissed off sitting on his arse watching Moura stink the place out.

Jose 6 - Again, I think he set us up too negatively and some of our play in the first half was poor. However, unlike last week's negative half time sub, this one was positive and made a real impact, so credit where it is due.