2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 2 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

LLoris 6- not much he could about the goal, can't remember much else.
Doherty 5- decent 1st half with some nice runs, probably should have scored. will bring a different dimension to our play but was out on his arse by minute 50.
Toby 3- passing was crap, lost man for the goal and looked slow on quite a few occasions.
Dier 4- couple of good clearing headers but didn't cover himself in glory with the goal either.
Davies 3- struggled with James, played a suicidal pass that put us in trouble and when he did start going past the half way line he added nothing. Shouldn't be 1st choice lb imo.
Hojberg 4- showed some glimpses of what he will bring with some recoveries and interceptions, some decent passing but also some shocking bits of play.
Winks 4- not sure what he brings especially in a double pivot, no more than a backup as his limitations are been exposed.
Moura 3- usual hard work but dribbling into trouble, didn't particularly do a great job at creating space for doherty either. role doesn't suit him.
Dele 4- picked up some good positions and decent shot saved, probably unlucky to be hooked.
Son 4- was probably out most threatening player with his movement and running but didn't really get the better of coleman despite been able to isolate him, seemed to disappear 2nd half, set pieces were meh.
Kane 4- created our best chance but not much else from him. service for him is bad but he needs to work harder himself.

Jose 2 - once again happy to concede territory and possession to just try and hit on the counter but once we conceded there wasn't a scooby between coach and players in how to get back into the game. that dele sub to bring on sissoko to play him on the right wing was a shocker with the attacking options we had.

Subs didn't really influence anything, although Tanguy did thread a couple nice passes through the lines ( more than winks and hojberg did) but that was about it.

Lloris 6
Doherty 5
Alderweireld 4
Dier 4
Davies 5
Winks 2
Hjobjerg 3
Alli 5
Moura 3
Son 5
Kane 3
Sissoko 4
Ndombele 4
Mourinho 3

I will mine simple:

Davies - Only player in my opinion that worked his socks off and in the end had a pretty good game.
Lloris - yeah no chance on goal...really never challenged after that.

The rest - SHIT

I will mine simple:

Davies - Only player in my opinion that worked his socks off and in the end had a pretty good game.
Lloris - yeah no chance on goal...really never challenged after that.

The rest - SHIT

Again not really helpful when trying to compile stats for player performance over a season. To confirm , Aurier and Davies were our worst rated players last season using ratings from here, other forums and the media.

Again not really helpful when trying to compile stats for player performance over a season. To confirm , Aurier and Davies were our worst rated players last season using ratings from here, other forums and the media.

NRD, apologies...I wasn't aware that the data on this thread were compiled. Will adjust fire for next time.

NRD, apologies...I wasn't aware that the data on this thread were compiled. Will adjust fire for next time.

No problem. I am trying to avoid it being a venting thread or for spite. Level headed considered ratings will give a better picture of reality. It was no surprise Aurier rated lowest last season. Davies as next worse perhaps more surprising.

Strangely Hoji's stats were pretty good. I did notice he was winning little tackles here and there that didn't get a mention on game day. He had a decent first half IMO. He is miles ahead of Sissoko in terms of reading the game. He was poor second half but so was everyone.

Lloris 8
Doherty 5
Alderweireld 4
Dier 4
Davies 5
Winks 2
Hjobjerg 3
Alli 2
Moura 2
Son 4
Kane 3
Sissoko 4
Ndombele 4

Rationale....
Attack toothless in second half wasted opportunities in first half we should have scored first.
Midfield clueless and uncreative all game.
Defense worked its socks off due to no attack or midfiled relief of pressure. Hence they actually limited the Everton team to only a couple of chances one of which they took after being allowed to cheat.

Will that do Nick?

Lloris 8
Doherty 5
Alderweireld 4
Dier 4
Davies 5
Winks 2
Hjobjerg 3
Alli 2
Moura 2
Son 4
Kane 3
Sissoko 4
Ndombele 4

Rationale....
Attack toothless in second half wasted opportunities in first half we should have scored first.
Midfield clueless and uncreative all game.
Defense worked its socks off due to no attack or midfiled relief of pressure. Hence they actually limited the Everton team to only a couple of chances one of which they took after being allowed to cheat.

Will that do Nick?

Thanks.

I normally do, but this time, I'm going to wait for a slow night and when I can have a few drinks whilst watching!
I wouldn't bother unless you want to see some lads ambling about with no real sense of urgency & coming second in just about everything.

Thanks for the contributions, a further 4 posters have put in their ratings. I have put the new ones up against the originals for comparison. The originals in the second column.

Lloris 6.5 and 6
Doherty 5 and 4
Toby 3.75 and 3
Dier 4.5 and 4.5
Davies 4.5 and 4.75
Winks 3.5 and 3.25
Hojbjerg 3.5 and 3.5
Alli 3.5 and 4.5
Moura 2.75 and 3.75
Son 4.5 and 5
Kane 3.5 and 2.5
Sissoko 4 and 4
Berg 4 and 4.5
Ndombele 4 and 5

The notable changes are an increase for Lloris because one rater gave him an 8. So one has to ask if he deserved an 8 ?
Doherty increased from 4 to 5 perhaps after some more considered assessment.
Alli dropped from 4.5 to 3.5
Moura dropped from 3.75 to 2.75 which seems harsh.
Kane increased from 2.5 to 3.5 which is more realistic IMO.

Strangely Hoji's stats were pretty good. I did notice he was winning little tackles here and there that didn't get a mention on game day. He had a decent first half IMO. He is miles ahead of Sissoko in terms of reading the game. He was poor second half but so was everyone.
You have a point and we shouldn't judge him overall on this performance, we can only hope the performance was him being dragged down to the level of those around him. Welcome to Tottenham, Pierre!

NRD...here are my player grades:

Lloris - 6 - no chance at the goal; few errant passes, wasn't really challenged
Davies - 7 -MoM for me. Had toughest matchup and held his own.
Dier - 5 - Average at best. I am not sure if he matches up well with Toby...Maybe Sanchez next to him?
Toby - 3 - Poor. Looked slow and I mostly fault him for their goal. May be time to start Sanchez and make Toby depth?
Matt - 6 - Not bad outing in my opinion. He faded toward the end but he worked hard and had a few nice crosses and almost scored. I think he will be fine.
Winks - 4 - Poor - Too passive. He needs to drive us forward...he did not.
PEH - 5 - I won't be as harsh as some of you...He was attacked non-stop all night due to the inability of those in front of him to possess the ball. Worked hard to screen our back 4 and for a while was ok. He faded toward the end, but overall I am still happy to see him at DM.
Dele - 3 - Poor - This will be a trend for those up top. Could not possess, could not pass, did not run off the ball...sorry just not good enough.
Lucas - 3 - Same as Dele
Son - 3 - Same as Dele
Kane - 2 - Sorry my worst player...again...our talisman and leader on the pitch....umm yeah not so much. For large portions of the match...I wasn't sure if he was even out there. The only time I saw him excited to get on the ball was on the counter when he sprinted down the pitch and ended up not getting the ball. Yep that is about all I saw of him. One damn wind sprint!

NDombele - 4 - Short period of time to influence anything and he showed some effort...but looked extremely rusty. (not sure if he has touched a ball this whole offseason!)
Sissoko - 3 - Strange sub...I don't get it and he really did nothing to influence the match.
Berg - 5 - I like this kid...he just needs more time. Hell I want to see Kane benched and him work as the # 9 or 10. (I know pipe dream benching Kane...)

Jose - 4 - Poor. Again until we make bold decisions and bench folks...simply best we got. (I would punt Dele and either bench Kane or move him back to Central AM...hell he plays most of the match there anyway and he can pick a pass better than any other damn player!) Also our subs were strange. The game was screaming for Lamela, NDombele, and Berg...at half time. Way too late on the subs and Sissoko coming on for Dele was mind-boggling.

Again Everton was/are better...they are solid top to bottom....we are not.

It's a bit tricky to give ratings for the Plovdiv game because only about 40minutes of it ended up being televised. Probably best though.