Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 167 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Be interesting to see how they decide on which fans can come back in first. Probably base it on how much you abuse the referee at games. Awkward.

Would probably be best to just let us corporate people go to start with, obviously we are just a better class of fan and not unclean like those in the normal stands - the people we refer to as the peasants.

Fans may be back in stadia by the end of the month...

Paywalled, but these are the key points of the article.

"The Premier League is increasingly confident it can introduce a digital health passport system to allow fans back into stadiums.

It is hoped that a test event might be staged in August, or even towards the end of July, to see whether a system is viable of using testing and antibody data so that fans could have their own individual health passport to ensure they are not carrying the virus.

The return of fans will be gradual, and limited, although original fears that games will have to be played behind closed doors until the beginning of next year have been allayed. There is now growing optimism that a number of fans may be allowed in by the end of September or into October."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...nfident-fans-returning-stadiums-autumn-using/
Sorry but I dont see how this works. Scientist are saying there is no proof of immunity, so what happens if you catch it after your test.
Please correct if I am wrong.

Now that this season is nearly done and dusted I’ve started wondering how soon fans will be allowed in to grounds next season and how it will be organised. I’ve heard and read all sorts of ideas about how it could be done in line with social distancing rules. A common thought seems to be that, firstly it’s unlikely to be before new year and secondly limits on attendance will have to be applied. Fans may not get access to their own seats. We may be rationed as to the number of matches we can attend depending on demand. Will my mate and his son attend the same matches as me?
If the 1 metre social distance rule is applied seating is going to be a nightmare. I picture my seat. The two seats next to me would have to be empty. The seats immediately in front and behind would have to be empty. The seats diagonally in front and behind are within 1 metre so they would have to be empty. That leaves me in a bubble surrounded by 8 empty seats. One seat in nine occupied under social distancing rules! Then there’s the turnstiles and toilets.
This is a worst case scenario but the whole process looks light a nightmare.

Now that this season is nearly done and dusted I’ve started wondering how soon fans will be allowed in to grounds next season and how it will be organised. I’ve heard and read all sorts of ideas about how it could be done in line with social distancing rules. A common thought seems to be that, firstly it’s unlikely to be before new year and secondly limits on attendance will have to be applied. Fans may not get access to their own seats. We may be rationed as to the number of matches we can attend depending on demand. Will my mate and his son attend the same matches as me?
If the 1 metre social distance rule is applied seating is going to be a nightmare. I picture my seat. The two seats next to me would have to be empty. The seats immediately in front and behind would have to be empty. The seats diagonally in front and behind are within 1 metre so they would have to be empty. That leaves me in a bubble surrounded by 8 empty seats. One seat in nine occupied under social distancing rules! Then there’s the turnstiles and toilets.

Refer to my post above yours.

Yes, you hit your "Post" button one minute before me. I'm afraid I was 60 seconds behind the news. It'll be interesting to see how they resolve this especially since Boris and the scientists seem to be diverging on what is safe.

The pilots are to keep up appearances, nothing more. Fans will be back in stadiums in October no doubt. I predicted September myself so not far off.

Every other seat empty and every other row empty should be enough. Roughly 1 in 4 occupied. Villa Park capacity then roughly 10,500. Maybe that's enough for where we're heading :grinning:

Be interesting to see how we will work that out given the amount of season tickets we sell.
The stark reality is that for clubs outside of the top flight unless there is a massive subsidy from somewhere a lot are going under unless a vaccine is produced.

Row by row apparently.

Last in . Last allowed back

Good job I have been in my row 13 years .

B*****ks to that.

Had I not had to move, I would have had my seat in the Holte for 13 years.

Was only in my new seat for 5 games before lockdown thanks to the selfish standing feckers.

If that gets used as an excuse for me not being allowed back ahead of the Premier League-only lot they can kiss my money goodbye for a very long time.

To expand, I think a better solution would be to reduce prices to reflect the fact that each ST holder will only be able to go every 2 or 3 games. If we go down, there will be an inevitable reduction in ST sales to factor in too. And it would also be fairly easy to do in the age of computerised ticket systems. The only ballot that would be needed would be to decide who goes to game 1 or 2, and then carry on from there.

That would be a fair system which treats all season ticket holders equally, rather than picking 8 to 10,000 to attend every game.