Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 156 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

I probably did , but more in reporting the results of the testing more than commenting on what it meant.

Interestingly the second round of EFL testing produced more positive tests than the first round. Again I don't know what it says , whether it the results of the general restrictions being lifted or a result of the start of contact training.

Yes, think I read a point in them, that maybe you weren't making. :grinning:

This Thursdays Premier League meeting to decide the future of the 2019/2020 season is so important for the future of our Football Club. I have faith in our CEO that he will battle and not let us down. Our ground rules for the meeting should be simple in that we play out the season based on the existing rules and we don't accept change unless that change is acceptable by all 20 Clubs.

Its clear that the PL, FA, Sky, BT want the season finished with relegation under any terms possible. The pressure is on from the PL to enforce the clubs to agree a deal which saves them from returning lots of cash and if that means neutral venues or changing the rules then they don't care but we care and we should be fighting our corner on Thursday. My guess is that we will have the support of all other 5 clubs at the bottom of the league.

Lets look at some of the key rule changes they want us to accept:-

1. Testing positive for Covid-19 counts as an injury. No way. If a player tests positive then all our squad that have had training or match contact go into self isolation for 7 days and the same for the other club involved. The next match must be postponed and so so must they other club involved.

2. Squad of 18 increased to 20 with 5 subs allowed. - No way. Thats changing the rules and will give some clubs advantages over others. I also would like to see a minimum gap of 6 days between games. I have no issue with clubs being allowed to register 25 new players provided all 20 clubs agree.

3. If the season is ended early there must be no relegation. I also agree with the Norwich stance in that if the Championship does not conclude for any reason then there must be no promotion. I understand that QPR have not even started full contact training and that there has been little consultation with the Championship clubs.

The 6 clubs must be prepared to stick together and take legal action if the 14 other clubs push the PL plans though with a 14/6 vote on Thursday. Thursday will be "Zoom War".

Howard

Rumour is that they are planning for 10000 supporters from each club at FA cup final. Add on the F A old codgers & how big a crowd will that be? Do we never learn?

It seems from the beaches last weekend, the parks and some of the protests, I think we know the answer to that one mate, sadly.

This Thursdays Premier League meeting to decide the future of the 2019/2020 season is so important for the future of our Football Club. I have faith in our CEO that he will battle and not let us down. Our ground rules for the meeting should be simple in that we play out the season based on the existing rules and we don't accept change unless that change is acceptable by all 20 Clubs.

Its clear that the PL, FA, Sky, BT want the season finished with relegation under any terms possible. The pressure is on from the PL to enforce the clubs to agree a deal which saves them from returning lots of cash and if that means neutral venues or changing the rules then they don't care but we care and we should be fighting our corner on Thursday. My guess is that we will have the support of all other 5 clubs at the bottom of the league.

Lets look at some of the key rule changes they want us to accept:-

1. Testing positive for Covid-19 counts as an injury. No way. If a player tests positive then all our squad that have had training or match contact go into self isolation for 7 days and the same for the other club involved. The next match must be postponed and so so must they other club involved.

2. Squad of 18 increased to 20 with 5 subs allowed. - No way. Thats changing the rules and will give some clubs advantages over others. I also would like to see a minimum gap of 6 days between games. I have no issue with clubs being allowed to register 25 new players provided all 20 clubs agree.

3. If the season is ended early there must be no relegation. I also agree with the Norwich stance in that if the Championship does not conclude for any reason then there must be no promotion. I understand that QPR have not even started full contact training and that there has been little consultation with the Championship clubs.

The 6 clubs must be prepared to stick together and take legal action if the 14 other clubs push the PL plans though with a 14/6 vote on Thursday. Thursday will be "Zoom War".

Howard

HJ, very good points. Thanks for that. To summarise:

1) Safety. Treat Covid-19 as Covid-19.

2) Level playing field. I'd be OK with 5 subs (as they might reduce injuries) provided they kept the squad at 18.

3) Fairness. No promotion/relegation unless season is ended properly.

I worry that EPL will hide behind EUFA guidance if completion isn’t achievable, relegation/promotion on PPG. This is the resolution that I fear the most (unless it comes after we’ve snook a shock win v Sheffield)

I worry that EPL will hide behind EUFA guidance if completion isn’t achievable, relegation/promotion on PPG. This is the resolution that I fear the most (unless it comes after we’ve snook a shock win v Sheffield)

To be fair, even if we get out of jail with a win over Sheffield, if the season is then cancelled and PPG used, then it will be desperately unfair on the three teams which are relegated, whoever they are.

To be fair, even if we get out of jail with a win over Sheffield, if the season is then cancelled and PPG used, then it will be desperately unfair on the three teams which are relegated, whoever they are.
yep but whoever is in the bottom 3 is going down if it ends early so, sp there will be extra pressure to keep out of it just in case. There won't be any of this going to Anfield to keep the score down nonsense we saw west ham do , I think it was west ham

If the EFL can't complete their season there shouldn't be an relegation from the PL and nobody promoted to it.

I would literally explode if we finished in the relegation spots and the EFL don't complete with the Tesco Bags in the top 2 .:rofl:

I shit you not with this.

About an hour ago i heard the back end of someone on 5live trying to say that its stressful for the young players at premier league clubs to have to go home and wash their own kit.
Even Kelly Cates was like seriously?.

I have no idea who this imbecile was but he sounded thicker than Clinton Morrison.