Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 151 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

You can drive up to the ground... only to “check your eyesight“ though

NOooooo. You can't You can only do that if there is a castle near by, it is in or around your wife's birthday, and you fear you are going blind. Oh and you are the puppet master for a clown.

Please, read the small print David.. if you can't read the small print then yes, please feel free to go for a drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sky Sports Mix is the free channel isn’t it?

Sure they’ve shown MLS games on there from time to time and La Liga back when they had it.
Do you still need some kind of Sky subscription to get SS Mix, or is it available on Freeview? Doesn;t matter to me as I have Sky but just wondered for those that don't?

BBC only getting 4 games out of 92 WTF is that's all about

They haven't had any since the PL started, they didn't have the funds. Seems reasonable to me, if they get given more, (given) then other sides also need to be given some.

This isn't a great shock surely folks, football is greedy, football pays stupid wages to the players, the turnover to wages ratio is ridiculous, it is a business built on sand. The paymasters are the tv giants. Have been for years. 'Our' game went years ago (those of a certain generation) but this 'product' is loved by many a new generation.

Simples!

Sadiq Khan saying he is concerned about crowds gathering at the matches. I cannot tell you what else he said because I stopped reading when he said that even though he is from south London he supports Liverpool .

What, what , what , spiffing for morale chaps .

Sadiq Khan saying he is concerned about crowds gathering at the matches. I cannot tell you what else he said because I stopped reading when he said that even though he is from south London he supports Liverpool .

What, what , what , spiffing for morale chaps .

Very wise, Support any London club and he'll have the supporters of all the other London clubs against him.

A critical factor is going to be the use of 5 subs. Changes the game somewhat. We need a strategy to make full use of all of those fresh legs.

Yes.
I think the strategy should be don't use any. Especially if they are called Jota, Drinkwater, Lansbury, B'stard (or whatever that bloke is called we panic signed in January) .

Davis will be useful for a few mins until his hammy goes again.

Oh god .... Our bench. I could cry.

Last edited:
Yes.
I think the strategy should be don't use any.
Oh god .... Our bench. I could cry.

None of our bench are unlucky to be there are they, purely there to make up the numbers .
I noticed the German league had 9 on the bench , imagine us trying to name 9 then pick 5 of them to replace any of our first choices

I read on sky sports news that on average our players cover the least distance out of all the clubs in the league. There has to be something in this in terms of the effort and work they are putting in in a match.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11996016/premier-leagues-running-records

Shocking when you think they should be battling for their lives at the bottom and generally we have less possession.
That’s total distance and we have a game in hand on most.

I read on sky sports news that on average our players cover the least distance out of all the clubs in the league. There has to be something in this in terms of the effort and work they are putting in in a match.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11996016/premier-leagues-running-records

Shocking when you think they should be battling for their lives at the bottom and generally we have less possession.

Doesn't surprise me given our tactics seem to be, win the ball, give it to Jack, stand there with hands on hips admiring how well you gave it to Jack.

90% of our miles covered are probably John McGinn too.

They didnt have to do a survey, they could have just asked us, we would have told them that.

Doesn't surprise me given our tactics seem to be, win the ball, give it to Jack, stand there with hands on hips admiring how well you gave it to Jack.

90% of our miles covered are probably John McGinn too.

I think the term he kept using was our "rest defending", I think most of them take it literally "

Its distance in a single game so yes those stats are frightening for us. No-one in the top 100. What happened to the pressing game?
That’s not the average run per team as you suggested. You need to go to the total run by each team and divide by the number of games to get that average. It’s in the supplied stats. Villa are about 15th.