Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 143 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

That just isn't true.

It is just one in a long line of industries looking at ways to get back to work.

Said it a good few times, to some of you, this industry isn't important, but tell that to the people employed in it, same as the film and tv industry, or indeed, anything.

There is no way football has been given a bigger status than the food outlets, clothing factories, service industries, any industry. It is just we have focussed on it here because this is a football forum.

I don't get how people don't get this ... and that isn't meant to be condescending btw.

Industry leaders go to the corresponding minister for their particular industry and the gov want all back to business before the economy goes bump.

If football had been given priority, how come garden centres and DIY stores are open and football isn't back for instance?

It isn't mutually exclusive, each will be being given the right advice as to what they can or indeed can't do.

Sorry JF I just don't agree that so much effort is going into getting a load of multi-millionaires back to work who have already proven won't stick to the rules. Aurier from spuds being the latest to prove he'a as thick as pig shit showing off his new haircut and hairdresser. It's his 3rd offence.

Sorry JF I just don't agree that so much effort is going into getting a load of multi-millionaires back to work who have already proven won't stick to the rules. Aurier from spuds being the latest to prove he'a as thick as pig shit showing off his new haircut and hairdresser. It's his 3rd offence.

No apology needed matey, we can disagree! lol

This is the trouble though, some of you have equated all this push for the industry to the few at the very top, the multi millionaires. If it was just about them, fine, no time for them at all and their pathetic rule breaking and arrogance.

But that can be said about the top of any industry, the multi millionaire directors who get paid tens of millions.

Feck em, feck em all.

Trouble is, below the 5% is the 95% of workers at clubs, support staff, others in the industry. None of whom are spoiled multi millions and are wondering if they can pay their mortgages, food bills, and so on.

I think people are confusing the two.

That was over 5 showing symptoms not people with no symptoms

Yes.

Err. Kind of a so with that though?

Why would us normal people want or need a test if not? I know a few are asymptomatic, but would 'we' go every day without symptoms?

I would argue if you really wanted to, you could, you would just say you are worried because......... *whatever*

These tests, same as the UFC are using (far closer contact, indoors sport, not hearing that they are all dropping dead despite having been fighting) are not coming from those being done for key workers or indeed, any of us.

Yes.

Err. Kind of a so with that though?

Why would us normal people want or need a test if not? I know a few are asymptomatic, but would 'we' go every day without symptoms?

I would argue if you really wanted to, you could, you would just say you are worried because......... *whatever*

These tests, same as the UFC are using (far closer contact, indoors sport, not hearing that they are all dropping dead despite having been fighting) are not coming from those being done for key workers or indeed, any of us.

I fully expect there are a few saying they have symptoms to get a test

How worrying that Mariappa has no idea how he tested positive.

Being cynical you could say he is lying but he is stating that he has only left the house for exercise and then walks with his kids . In short following the guidance. Yet he tests positive. He also says he has no symptoms and unless tested would not have known Scary. We really don't know about this virus do we.

Being cynical you could say he is lying but he is stating that he has only left the house for exercise and then walks with his kids . In short following the guidance. Yet he tests positive. He also says he has no symptoms and unless tested would not have known Scary. We really don't know about this virus do we.

Yes. Unless the results were wrong , apparently they are working on 98% accuracy. 5 Watford players didn't report for training yesterday , and Kante didn't train at Chelsea either after training on Tuesday.

There is a war going on behind the scenes involving different parties all with different vested interests. From our viewpoint its high stakes poker and I would say our CEO is likely doing a great job. FA, SKY and Premier League seem to want promotion and relegation.

The paramount factor is that nobody has the right to change the rules to relegate teams. Had the rules stated that if the League is stopped for any reason (say after 28 games played) then its points per game average dictates final position then fair enough but the only way you can have relegation is if all games are finished at the correct venues (although clubs can give up home rights under existing rules).

The reality is that if the Premier League or FA try and force relegation on Villa without a proper complete conclusion then Villa will either take this to Court or they could go Arbitration sports route. After all the Premiership must abide by its own rules. Villa could fairly easily obtain a court injunction stopping the Premier League from having any games played.

Its the above threat that would start proper talking with all clubs and there are options for a negotiated settlement as we could have 22 teams for 21/22 season with no relegation.

I understand that Sky want relegation to make the games more exciting if on neutral venues but if they try and force that through we are in Court.

My personal view is that the league should be halted with no relegation and we use points per game average to decide final positions which include champion and European qualifications. We then can have first two in Championship promoted for a 22 team league next season. Most teams would be ok with this formula although there are other possibilities.

Last edited:
There is a war going on behind the scenes involving different parties all with different vested interests. From our viewpoint its high stakes poker and I would say our CEO is likely doing a great job. FA, SKY and Premier League seem to want promotion and relegation.

The paramount factor is that nobody has the right to change the rules to relegate teams. Had the rules stated that if the League is stopped for any reason (say after 28 games played) then its points per game average dictates final position then fair enough but the only way you can have relegation is if all games are finished at the correct venues (although clubs can give up home rights under existing rules).

The reality is that if the Premier League or FA try and force relegation on Villa without a proper complete conclusion then Villa will either take this to Court or they could go Arbitration sports route. After all the Premiership must abide by its own rules. Villa could fairly easily obtain a court injunction stopping the Premier League from having any games played.

Its the above threat that would start proper talking with all clubs and there are options for a negotiated settlement as we could have 22 teams for 21/22 season with no relegation.

I understand that Sky want relegation to make the games more exciting if on neutral venues but if they try and force that through we are in Court.

My personal view is that the league should be halted with no relegation and we use points per game average to decide final positions which include champion and European qualifications. We then can have first two in Championship promoted for a 22 team league next season. Most teams would be ok with this formula although there are other possibilities.
I have been saying much of what you say for a while now and agree with the bulk of it.
I cannot see why, for any reason the FA are insisting on relegation and promotion with so many games left to play if the season cant be finished.
They must know they are walking into a shit storm, especially in the Prem where the clubs have the resources to go to litigation and obtain injunctions against a resumption.
The FA have always been found wanting when guidance is required and a sensible decision needed.
They have bowed to the money men at the first sign of any pressure.

Seeing that the actual virus should clear for most people within a week, symptoms or not, the fact that testing likes this actually turns up the results it did should mean that there's probably an awful lot of it out there in the community. Maybe it's getting less virulent though. At the moment.

Great post. I can see Sky wanting relegation if the season is actually completed. But if it is curtailed, can't see why they'd want it.

The FA is a different matter. I think they're trying to show they're boss. But in reality they aren't.

According to Sky News a vaccine could be on the way for September, results expected from initial trials soon. Sounds promising.

Seeing that the actual virus should clear for most people within a week, symptoms or not, the fact that testing likes this actually turns up the results it did should mean that there's probably an awful lot of it out there in the community. Maybe it's getting less virulent though. At the moment.
I would love too know if any of the players and staff who have tested possitive actually knew they had the virus, were asymptomatic, or did they just keep stum and think sod it.
Have the Championship players all been tested yet?

I would love too know if any of the players and staff who have tested possitive actually knew they had the virus, were asymptomatic, or did they just keep stum and think sod it.
Have the Championship players all been tested yet?

I think they start testing today , but the players have to do it themselves apparently.

You've pretty much blasted the Premier League and broadcasters with a Gatling gun here. Great post.