Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 142 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Just had a lovely scenario flash through my mind...

The Premier League announces that the season is null and void. No Champions, no relegation.

Then enter the stage....Jim Bowen!!

Uttering the immortal line...

And this is what you would have won!. :lol:

Allegedly Jurgon Klopp has said it is unfair to void the season after 76% has been played. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...-news/premier-league-null-void-villa-18275302

Do Liverpool ever score/ win a game in the last 12 minutes or even extra time? More bollocks spouted through tainted eyes and mouth. Maybe if we can't play, the PL needs an honest man with no interest in football to work this out? A high court judge or even Ian Hislop pronouncing a judgement could do better than this lot.
Judge Judy.....you know it makes sense 😁

Yeah for all the moaning I've done and disappointment I've felt around the premier league , footballers , our own captain and how they've behaved during lockdown, on top of the dire season we've had, once it's back I will still watch villa games . Big difference being I won't pump anymore money into the premier league. If it's on free to air tv fine, if not will watch a dodgy stream somewhere or down the pub if they ever reopen.

Watford rocked by three of the Premier League's six positive coronavirus tests
The Premier League confirmed on Tuesday that there had been six positive results after 748 tests - with three of those at Vicarage Road

"Watford have been rocked by the news that three of the six positive coronavirus were at their club.
The Hornets have been among the most vocal fiercely opposed to a restart with captain Troy Deeney and boss Nigel Pearson voicing their concerns over fatalities.
One player and two staff members are understood to have recorded the positive tests after the first wave, taken on Sunday and Monday"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watford-rocked-three-premier-leagues-22054704

Watford Football Club

@WatfordFC

·
36m

Watford Football Club confirms that three people have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus following testing at the training ground over the past 48 hours.

Last edited:
If one or two players or their families die so what we'll just buy some more it's well worth the risk so the brain dead get some football.
Don't know what all the fuss is about let's all get out there, oh hang on we can't can we are too at risk

If one or two players or their families die so what we'll just buy some more it's well worth the risk so the brain dead get some football.
Don't know what all the fuss is about let's all get out there, oh hang on we can't can we are too at risk
The opposite of that is we all go and sit in separate caves until a vaccine is found. Oh wait it might never happen. So we all wait alone to die. Is that life? No.
Ways need to be found to move on. I don’t want anyone to die for my leisure enjoyment either but we have to find ways back to full life. Take out the unfair ways proposed to solve a relatively simple issue, imposed relegation et al, overlook the issues of the stupid finances in the game & we’re left with football trying to find a way back.
No I don’t want players to get ill but I don’t want potential illness to be weaponised to prevent football’s return either. We are on the edge of that position now.
Ffs get testing sorted properly & manage this thing... for all of us and the whole economy too. I’d love to see a return to a qualified can do attitude too.

The opposite of that is we all go and sit in separate caves until a vaccine is found. Oh wait it might never happen. So we all wait alone to die. Is that life? No.
Ways need to be found to move on. I don’t want anyone to die for my leisure enjoyment either but we have to find ways back to full life. Take out the unfair ways proposed to solve a relatively simple issue, imposed relegation et al, overlook the issues of the stupid finances in the game & we’re left with football trying to find a way back.
No I don’t want players to get ill but I don’t want potential illness to be weaponised to prevent football’s return either. We are on the edge of that position now.
Ffs get testing sorted properly & manage this thing... for all of us and the whole economy too. I’d love to see a return to a qualified can do attitude too.

The problem is that football seems to have been placed at the top of the list in getting things back to normal.
There are far more important things to sort out before football.

The problem is that football seems to have been placed at the top of the list in getting things back to normal.

Yep getting normal people back to work safely and the millions who will lose their jobs are far more important than any sport. We might like sport but very few make a living at it

There's still hundreds of deaths every day. Because we've ballsed up our response we're the kid who can't go out to play because he hasn't done his homework.

It hurts to say it but Troy Deeney is absolutely nailing it. 3.5k tests for footballers when not everyone can get one who needs one is indecent.

players were back yesterday then.

The squad looks a bit thin :grinning:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/05/20/players-return-to-training

I wonder who is keeping an eye on the training from outside of the club, I mean making sure there is no actually competitive football being played because I certainly wouldn't trust some clubs to not push players harder than others . I'm thinking teams whose game relies on the physical stuff like Sheff utd for instance who I think went back to training before it was banned again

There's still hundreds of deaths every day. Because we've ballsed up our response we're the kid who can't go out to play because he hasn't done his homework.

It hurts to say it but Troy Deeney is absolutely nailing it. 3.5k tests for footballers when not everyone can get one who needs one is indecent.

They appear to be now at a testing stage where those who need it can get it and it has been opened up to anyone over the age of 5.

The football ones are coming from a clinic, or so they have said, that hasn't been used by the Government.

I would agree, so would everyone, including the footabll big-wigs I've seen interviewed, that front line - key workers - come first, second and third

That just isn't true.

It is just one in a long line of industries looking at ways to get back to work.

Said it a good few times, to some of you, this industry isn't important, but tell that to the people employed in it, same as the film and tv industry, or indeed, anything.

There is no way football has been given a bigger status than the food outlets, clothing factories, service industries, any industry. It is just we have focussed on it here because this is a football forum.

I don't get how people don't get this ... and that isn't meant to be condescending btw.

Industry leaders go to the corresponding minister for their particular industry and the gov want all back to business before the economy goes bump.

If football had been given priority, how come garden centres and DIY stores are open and football isn't back for instance?

It isn't mutually exclusive, each will be being given the right advice as to what they can or indeed can't do.

They appear to be now at a testing stage where those who need it can get it and it has been opened up to anyone over the age of 5.

The football ones are coming from a clinic, or so they have said, that hasn't been used by the Government.

I would agree, so would everyone, including the footabll big-wigs I've seen interviewed, that front line - key workers - come first, second and third

That was over 5 showing symptoms not people with no symptoms

I wonder who is keeping an eye on the training from outside of the club, I mean making sure there is no actually competitive football being played because I certainly wouldn't trust some clubs to not push players harder than others . I'm thinking teams whose game relies on the physical stuff like Sheff utd for instance who I think went back to training before it was banned again

Apparently the training is monitored by an independent person to make sure the guidelines are adhered to.

10/1 on that he has a clipboard.

That just isn't true.

It is just one in a long line of industries looking at ways to get back to work.

Said it a good few times, to some of you, this industry isn't important, but tell that to the people employed in it, same as the film and tv industry, or indeed, anything.

There is no way football has been given a bigger status than the food outlets, clothing factories, service industries, any industry. It is just we have focussed on it here because this is a football forum.

I don't get how people don't get this ... and that isn't meant to be condescending btw.

Industry leaders go to the corresponding minister for their particular industry and the gov want all back to business before the economy goes bump.

If football had been given priority, how come garden centres and DIY stores are open and football isn't back for instance?

It isn't mutually exclusive, each will be being given the right advice as to what they can or indeed can't do.
Because people still see football as a game played in the park with jumpers for goal posts 😁. Various agendas at play - if Villa were just above relegation, don't you think we'd be supporting the average points per game as, say, Watford are currently? Call me cynical but many people will be overplaying the risks (even unwittingly) because it suits their agenda. You cannot look impartially at this.

Because people still see football as a game played in the park with jumpers for goal posts 😁. Various agendas at play - if Villa were just above relegation, don't you think we'd be supporting the average points per game as, say, Watford are currently? Call me cynical but many people will be overplaying the risks (even unwittingly) because it suits their agenda. You cannot look impartially at this.

Liverpool will only want to play 2 games and then they have the title , then what play the reserves in case a £80m player gets it and dies