Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 4 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

All teams except four have played 29 games. Play the two outstanding fixtures behind closed doors. Then finish the season. The CL and Europa places could then be determined. No teams would be relegated but the two top teams in the Chamionship would come up. (All teams there have played the same number of games.) So next season there would be a bigger Premier League. Those qualified for European competition would be exempted from playing in the League Cup. Five teams would be relegated at the season end.

Unless all teams have played the same opposition home and away then it isn’t an even competition. Some teams would have had easier fixture lists than others

By the time we get to April 4 the situation will be a whole lot worse. Football will be the least of our worries. It's unfortunate but everything will be null and voided and football will return when it's safe which won't be anytime soon.
Keep in mind next winter this virus returns and hits even harder and a vaccine won't be available.

Chris Whitty chief medical officer for England has estimated the uk peak for Coronavirus will be 10 to 14 weeks? Latest estimate end of May probably. Its then got to tail off i suppose. If thats true it really is going to be a long time before you see any football again?

Some are suggesting August or September before we see football again. That definitely puts an end to the season

The healthy under 50s that voluntarily wished to do this asap (with agreement and paid by their employers, who would benefit immensely) would just need to stock up with supplies first, before they contract the virus (by injection, or a visit from somebody with it). Then at the end of their strict self-isolation they would be virus free.

Win win all round - get back to work normally, plus older people will be safer the more immunity there is in the community. Also less economic meltdown, and the more healthy working age people in health services and everywhere else to look after those that need it, the better. Get Coronavirus done!

This may sound mad, but if up to 80% are going to get it anyway, is it better to have this stretched out over months and months (even years) or do things more quickly in an organised fashion, which should also reduce the infection rate and log-jam too? I'm not advoccating this - but I am asking the question.

From the little I’ve read on bbc news, it’s seems the UK government’s strategy primarily aims to minimise economic impact. Even if this means the virus spreading faster. I think they want to reduce the height and broaden the peak to make the epidemic more manageable... ie not over stretch the nhs. At the same time, I get the feeling they want herd immunity before next winter to stop this thing dragging on and on. So in some ways there is an argument in favour of widespread infection happening more quickly, so long as the country isn’t overstretched.

Cancelled my BT Sport today (was going to do it anyway, but the current situation means it's pointless) and the girl said loads of people had been doing the same recently.

I would have kept it but it leapt up from £20 per month to £48 - apparently I was out of broadband contract so the price hiked. Not impressed, although I've ended up getting BT Halo for the price I had been paying for Superfast Fibre, so happy with that.

Still sacked off the sport though.

Cancelled my BT Sport today (was going to do it anyway, but the current situation means it's pointless) and the girl said loads of people had been doing the same recently.

I would have kept it but it leapt up from £20 per month to £48 - apparently I was out of broadband contract so the price hiked. Not impressed, although I've ended up getting BT Halo for the price I had been paying for Superfast Fibre, so happy with that.

Still sacked off the sport though.

We had a sky Q set up last Thursday and today Sky sports has disappeared, I think her indoors has just kept Sky football if that is even possible, I've got sports news? We've ditched the movie channels as we never watch them.
I was a bit peeved at losing Sky Sports then thought, Why? A brilliant move by Mrs 57

We had a sky Q set up last Thursday and today Sky sports has disappeared, I think her indoors has just kept Sky football if that is even possible, I've got sports news? We've ditched the movie channels as we never watch them.
I was a bit peeved at losing Sky Sports then thought, Why? A brilliant move by Mrs 57

I think Sky Sports News will run out of yellow paint soon. That really will be a crisis to them.

I doubt they would get very far with that. Most countries will need to return to normality as soon as possible to save their economies
Lets see. I can see the US / China trade war turning into all out war.
China have been very economic with information on this virus. I smell a bat, I mean rat