Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Dr.IsR

Vital Youth Team
The Premier League has been suspended until the 3rd of April. There will then be a review.

In the UK the Coronavirus is expected to peak in 10-14 weeks time.

It would be logical for the suspension to be extended for this period of time at the very least.

What does this mean for the premier league season and more importantly, Aston Villa?

Last edited:
Means we won't lose for at least 3 weeks .

From a Villa point of view, I'd like to see this season cancelled and all results and scores eradicated from the records but with the media Darling Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool about to win the league for the first time since I was a youngish man That won't happen

Factor in Sandwell not getting promoted and it's win win.

My mate thinks they’ll go to court if they don’t get promoted, on what grounds can they take the league to court when as it stands they can quite easily be caught by fulham behind them? 😂 Daft.

2 weeks of non stop Daily Mail headlines and it's panic stations. It is utterly pointless cancelling football matches unless we are going to close down all public transport, supermarkets, shopping centres etc. Probably down to fear of lawsuits I suppose. If they go ahead with the game and somebody gets the virus they will no doubt sue. The first thing that should be shut down is that bloody daily mail. Irresponsible arseholes of the highest order.

2 weeks of non stop Daily Mail headlines and it's panic stations. It is utterly pointless cancelling football matches unless we are going to close down all public transport, supermarkets, shopping centres etc. Probably down to fear of lawsuits I suppose. If they go ahead with the game and somebody gets the virus they will no doubt sue. The first thing that should be shut down is that bloody daily mail. Irresponsible arseholes of the highest order.

Apparently the whole of the Chelsea squad are in self isolation after odoi was diagnosed with Coronavirus.
If entire teams are being affected, I guess suspending the league is a fair decision.

This is going to run and run. Come April the virus will be just approaching its peak. Very unlikely any games will be played before the summer. There has to be questions over the start of next season, even more so pre-season. The impact is going to be huge for next season as well, and some serious thinking has to be done about how to handle it.

I'm tempted to say cancel this season, start next season late, and cancel all cup competitions and internationals for next season.

This is good for our season to be honest.
Brilliant. McGinn will be back to full fitness, Grealish looked jaded last few games, Mings needs a rest too. Hopefully the club is managing it properly and not going OTT with the isolation side of things. They're being paid to train, they need to train.

This is good for our season to be honest.

I think so. We’ve been on a bad run of form, our players look tired and demotivated.
Might just be the break we need to turn things around. Maybe an ideal time to make some changes too ....rather then go off topic I’ll leave this to be discussed on “time for a new manager thread” 😂