Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 26 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

The virus damages the lungs. I have no idea whether the damage is reversable but it is not good news for a young athlete in the short to mid-term. Anyone who contracts the virus may never be the same player again.

The issue about this season should be a non-issue as far as I can tell, there is no guarantee that next season won't be affected as no-one can currently tell if this virus will burn out or be back with avengeance next year. The people at the top of the game are only interested in maintaining the gravy train - and they already have enough money not to be severely affected by the ensuing recession.

The virus damages the lungs. I have no idea whether the damage is reversable

Very important for those worrying, that you understand the virus CAN damage the lungs. Doesn't mean it does for all. Really important difference (and I know you'll know I'm not being picky Merd).

Strangely feeling that I am not missing watching football whatsoever. Appreciate it's early doors and this may change, but at this stage I'm enjoying the rest.

Strangely feeling that I am not missing watching football whatsoever. Appreciate it's early doors and this may change, but at this stage I'm enjoying the rest.

Must admit, and purely from a selfish point of view really - I'm only missing the fact that there's nothing 'real & proper' to talk about when it comes to news.

Having to sift through the clear BS transfer rumours and stuff, to find things that are mildly plausible to write about bugs me more, and I thought I'd miss the footy greater.

Olympics in August postponed
No Grand Prix until at least mid June
Wimbledon which would end 12th of July likely to be postponed by the looks.

....Meanwhile on planet football they are aiming to get the season done by end of June. I'll have some of what they are smoking please!

Strange, isn't it? Normally at the end of season there's 6 weeks or so to pre-season and the next transfer window, and that can be frustrating. But at the moment knowing everything, and that means everything, is on hold it's quite a nice break. Much less stressful.

Jason Cundy with a T saying clubs like Aston Villa could go to the wall because of Coronavirus.He does fear for us? WTF has none of these clowns realised we have richer owners than all but 3 clubs. Owners who pay one basketball player 33m a season

It's in the brum mail if anyone dares go to the ad infested site

Jason Cundy with a T saying clubs like Aston Villa could go to the wall because of Coronavirus.He does fear for us? WTF has none of these clowns realised we have richer owners than all but 3 clubs. Owners who pay one basketball player 33m a season

It's in the brum mail if anyone dares go to the ad infested site

Another so called pundit , who has failed to do his homework.

They do make tits of themselves.

You just have to take it as red these days that most of the stuff that passes itself as "news" has an agenda. BBC is as guilty as the rest.

Personally I worry for teams like Barcelona and Liverpool and their massive wage bill. Interest in both of them will wain because they are not winning and therefore income will dry up.......just saying :whist:

In reality, many clubs will be sailing close to the wind after this pandemic.

Does seem to be an industry built on debt, built on ridiculous wages and built on the belief the bubble will never burst.

All of a sudden, with this pandemic, the bubble has been burst really. How does sky cope with all the cancellations? If they want some money back from the league, how do clubs cope refunding? If they don't play the games, how do fans cope having paid? Can clubs refund if Sky also want refunds?

As you say, a lot will be sailing close to the wind.

Maybe, just maybe - and I doubt it even while I'm typing - football could pause for thought and stop being quite so ridiculous in how the industry operates.

Hell of a lot of large, medium and (like Vital) small companies who rely on the 11 v 11 kicking a ball around a pitch. Mad really !

I've paused skysports and just got a nice surprise with my next bill.

The thing is, do I bother with it in the future.

Ye
Must admit, and purely from a selfish point of view really - I'm only missing the fact that there's nothing 'real & proper' to talk about when it comes to news.

Having to sift through the clear BS transfer rumours and stuff, to find things that are mildly plausible to write about bugs me more, and I thought I'd miss the footy greater.
Yes Mike, maybe this is like the close season when we all enjoy a break from the rigour of supporting Aston villa. But within a few weeks,can't wait for the big kick off. However, this is a time when old codgers,like me,are aware that that long, pleasant retirement may be cut short. End of debate,you're right Mike (for once).