Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 25 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

I do wonder how we’d be thinking if this had been a year ago during that 10 game winning run we went on towards promotion, would’ve totally derailed that momentum and I don’t think it would’ve been simply a case of picking up where we left off months later.

Yup. These players are elite athletes trained to a high level of fitness. I would imagine whatever they are doing at the moment they are losing fitness and by the time it is possible to start playing football again which looks like being a fair way off they will need a decent period of training to get back to that level.

:agree: When they go off on their summer break, these days they go with an exercise schedule to ensure that they do maintain a good level of basic fitness. But it still takes a full pre-season to get them back to anywhere like match fit, and often it takes another 2 or 3 real matches to get them fully up to speed.

I do wonder how we’d be thinking if this had been a year ago during that 10 game winning run we went on towards promotion, would’ve totally derailed that momentum and I don’t think it would’ve been simply a case of picking up where we left off months later.

I think if the season had been cancelled, then we'd have had a much better base to move forwards the following season, so I'd be surprised if we didn't have a much more consistent season and maybe make the top two or even the top. That's even allowing for necessary changes.

Leeds and Baggies would be sick at not getting promoted this season, but they are the two form teams in the Championship and there's a good chance that not only would they get promoted next year but they might be in a stronger position to survive in the PL.

Not only that, but all gyms are closed, that will surely include all football training facilities?

So that is that really.

Well it’s also a non essential place of work but you are allowed to out to exercise once a day so maybe they can go there to train alone 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think if the season had been cancelled, then we'd have had a much better base to move forwards the following season, so I'd be surprised if we didn't have a much more consistent season and maybe make the top two or even the top. That's even allowing for necessary changes.

Leeds and Baggies would be sick at not getting promoted this season, but they are the two form teams in the Championship and there's a good chance that not only would they get promoted next year but they might be in a stronger position to survive in the PL.

If this is the eventual outcome they’re really just gonna have to suck it up, it’s not the football leagues fault. It really is just a freak act of nature, how could they go to court over a virus stopping them from promotion really? More over they should’ve got the job done last season anyway! Money, money, money that’s all it is, hopefully this time off from football will give it chance to reset in some way, those behind closed door games really showed how crap it is without us.

Well it’s also a non essential place of work but you are allowed to out to exercise once a day so maybe they can go there to train alone 🤷🏻‍♂️

not in communal gyms though, not sure how that one would be rated. But football isn't an essential job, so they should all be doing, what we should all (apart from those of you lovely people who are essential workers - thanks - ) be doing, staying at home.

So 12 weeks with only exercise in isolation means that players will not be fit and ready for any resumption of professional football. If 22 people turn up to 'exercise' on a grass field the rozzers will have the power to move them on - now that would make good telly.
Admit defeat please PL and EFL and just draw a line under it.

The Scottish Football Association has told all clubs to stop training sessions and observe social distancing guidelines outlined by government.
The SFA say some clubs are breaking official government advice after a meeting of their joint response group, and conversations with their medical consultant Dr John MacLean,

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ning-that-they-are-breaking-government-advice
But there is not as much money in the SPL. The EPL will hang on to the hope that they can resume and the Sky Darlings that are Plop will be crowned champions.
Follow the fucking guidelines - they are soon to become law.

But there is not as much money in the SPL. The EPL will hang on to the hope that they can resume and the Sky Darlings that are Plop will be crowned champions.
Follow the fucking guidelines - they are soon to become law.

Well none of the Premier League clubs are training , so not sure why some of the Scottish clubs feel they need to. Especially as it goes against the advice.

The talk of Leeds and West brom ignores all other teams of all the other leagues who would be affected by possible promo or relegation. Some years ago Sheffield utd were relegated at the expense of West ham who had two players of 3rd party ownership, not allowed so West ham should have been booted out, didn't happen and Sheffield utd ended up with a payout. Surely at some point they will press the reset button so they can plan for next season if of course even that is an option. When do we think Premier league players will start to offer to take a wage cut in order to help clubs and immediate staff?

The talk of Leeds and West brom ignores all other teams of all the other leagues who would be affected by possible promo or relegation. Some years ago Sheffield utd were relegated at the expense of West ham who had two players of 3rd party ownership, not allowed so West ham should have been booted out, didn't happen and Sheffield utd ended up with a payout. Surely at some point they will press the reset button so they can plan for next season if of course even that is an option. When do we think Premier league players will start to offer to take a wage cut in order to help clubs and immediate staff?

Yep at some point, you have to reset, otherwise, we'll be a season behind constantly or miss out a season somewhere