Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 2 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Some expert saying that 60% of the population need to catch the virus in order to prevent it returning again next year. If that is the case maybe we should just let people under 50 carry on as normal, try to contract it and stop its return?

Now they've taken this step and sensibly postponed not behind closed doors, there's no way we're back up and running on April 4 otherwise it would make the postponement utterly pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I can't see it. Logistically this delay already massively complicates season end/Euros/season start - then the players actually getting their summer break.

2 weeks of non stop Daily Mail headlines and it's panic stations. It is utterly pointless cancelling football matches unless we are going to close down all public transport, supermarkets, shopping centres etc. Probably down to fear of lawsuits I suppose. If they go ahead with the game and somebody gets the virus they will no doubt sue. The first thing that should be shut down is that bloody daily mail. Irresponsible arseholes of the highest order.
Not sure why you are picking on the Mail Bikini, they are all full of shit, all trying to hype it up in their own way.
That goes for the BBC and Sky, the media in this country in general are totally sensationalist and will say anything to get viewing figures or readership.

Brilliant. McGinn will be back to full fitness, Grealish looked jaded last few games, Mings needs a rest too. Hopefully the club is managing it properly and not going OTT with the isolation side of things. They're being paid to train, they need to train.
You can train all you like but its no substitute for match fitness.

I can't see it. Logistically this delay already massively complicates season end/Euros/season start - then the players actually getting their summer break.

Even if the Euro's are cancelled which looks likely , it's going to be hard to fit the season it being as all the predictions are this won't peak for anything up to 12 weeks.

Yup, last I heard was Euro's postponed for a bit, but even if totally trashed, I agree Den, it would still be a massive crush to get back on track, even if it doesn't span past April 4 (which I again can't see anyway).

I think 4th April is just to keep the likes of Liverpool happy.

There's no chance it's going to return before the summer.

This is bizarre.

How the hell do they figure this out? Can't just call it season over and where you are you are, because we're in the relegation zone with a game in hand.

And surely it can't just be scrapped? I'm sure everyone will have a good laugh at Liverpool, but come on, seriously?

Last edited:

What's the problem? They've already had a mid-season break and they're about to get at least another month off now - how much of a break do they need? :lol:

Some expert saying that 60% of the population need to catch the virus in order to prevent it returning again next year. If that is the case maybe we should just let people under 50 carry on as normal, try to contract it and stop its return?

Argument against is that the more people under 50 get it the more people over 50 will get it. Most people are going to get it anyway. What they're trying to do is spin it out to avoid a log jam with hospital admissions.

Argument against is that the more people under 50 get it the more people over 50 will get it. Most people are going to get it anyway. What they're trying to do is spin it out to avoid a log jam with hospital admissions.

Yeah I get the other side of the argument. But doing it that way is surely more likely to see it come back hard in the Autumn/Winter and we go through all this again