Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 168 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

As you know, I've always (cough) been against (cough, cough) re-starting the season... With the rate of infection not coming down, I do believe the season should now be halted and just cancelled, no relegations and no promotions. I don't see any other way to fairly do this.

:ninja:

Don't think they should waste any time over it either. Announce it by lunchtime tomorrow before things deteriorate even further.

Pity we won't be able to celebrate staying up with bashing Arsenal and West Ham, but it's not that important.

Every other seat empty and every other row empty should be enough. Roughly 1 in 4 occupied. Villa Park capacity then roughly 10,500. Maybe that's enough for where we're heading :grinning:
That was then McP, then they dug a tunnel, made fake passports and the rest is history :utv:

What a bloody farce. Let's see if I've got this right...

1. Pay for season ticket
2. If behind closed doors, get refunded.
3. If reduced capacity, also get refunded but then get given the opportunity to enter a ballot and buy the ticket back if you win.

Fair? What's fair about paying hundreds for a ticket with the possibility of never winning the ballot? What's wrong with just splitting up your season ticket holders and then having everyone attend every 2/3/4 games on a rotational basis?

Thick footballers in Scotland also it seems .

Aberdeen game postponed this weekend due to 2 positive tests and 6 self isolating.
Why ?
Because the 8 players were in an bar identified as a Covid-19 hot spot after their game against Rangers last weekend.

Dear oh dear .

This is more all clubs news, but didn't know where to put it. How do you think next season will pan out, for the game as a whole, especially for fans?

Let's assume that full attendances are off the table. At best there could be limited attendances with a lot of social distancing measures. We could see lockdown restrictions remaining to the extent that matches are played in empty stadia (or even not played at all, but lets not go there).

Reckon that if empty stadia continue, then the extended TV coverage will need to continue, at least in the PL. In terms of keeping a revenue stream coming into the game this could be highly critical, if done right. By right I mean every match televised and available to all fans willing to cough up.

Me, I'd cough up like a shot, maybe cough up quite a lot. I get to see the matches, the game gets the money either directly or via the broadcasters. What do you think?

This is more all clubs news, but didn't know where to put it. How do you think next season will pan out, for the game as a whole, especially for fans?

Let's assume that full attendances are off the table. At best there could be limited attendances with a lot of social distancing measures. We could see lockdown restrictions remaining to the extent that matches are played in empty stadia (or even not played at all, but lets not go there).

Reckon that if empty stadia continue, then the extended TV coverage will need to continue, at least in the PL. In terms of keeping a revenue stream coming into the game this could be highly critical, if done right. By right I mean every match televised and available to all fans willing to cough up.

Me, I'd cough up like a shot, maybe cough up quite a lot. I get to see the matches, the game gets the money either directly or via the broadcasters. What do you think?
God only knows Macca and I'm an atheist. Missus already asking,sorry telling me not to renew S/T. Like the majority of we old codgers,l have health issues and as deep as my love for Aston Villa,self preservation comes first. Talks of Winter Spikes suggests that next season may well be a total write off as regards attending games. As confused and uncertain as you Macca.

God only knows Macca and I'm an atheist. Missus already asking,sorry telling me not to renew S/T. Like the majority of we old codgers,l have health issues and as deep as my love for Aston Villa,self preservation comes first. Talks of Winter Spikes suggests that next season may well be a total write off as regards attending games. As confused and uncertain as you Macca.

I do think that the Govt would be sending a very poor message if they didn't televise all the games. If matches weren't televised, there would be more incentive for those that are at risk to attend matches.

I do think that the Govt would be sending a very poor message if they didn't televise all the games. If matches weren't televised, there would be more incentive for those that are at risk to attend matches.
I think the government will send a very poor message regardless. They are a truly poor government and their incompetence, inaction and unclear guidance is the main reason so many have died in this country and that will undoubtedly continue.

Moved to here McParland, (and those who replied) and re-named the thread. As it is interesting to keep talking about all this as we move through this pandemic.

Was thinking along the same lines, they will surely need to find a way to try to televise all games? I would imagine if there was a will, the big broadcasters could charge fans less, because advertising will be greatly increased, but I doubt there will be much of a will !

For me the cost of TV will have to be low and include all Villa games.
It costs me a fair few quid to come up to games, but I enjoy the whole matchday experience from the journey up, its like going to an away game, seeing family and going down the game with my brother and nephew, and his little un, and stopping over for a curry. Wife gets to see sister and our daughter, so its good all round.
I found the tv coverage aweful and wouldnt pay more than £20 PM because I just dont enjoy it.

I think the government will send a very poor message regardless. They are a truly poor government and their incompetence, inaction and unclear guidance is the main reason so many have died in this country and that will undoubtedly continue.

Saying if you get our your car while driving through Belgium you’ll have to self isolate when you return to the UK 😂 so does that mean you can’t have your window open or stop for petrol? Jesus wept, like they’d know anyway. Shamdemic.

For me the cost of TV will have to be low and include all Villa games.
It costs me a fair few quid to come up to games, but I enjoy the whole matchday experience from the journey up, its like going to an away game, seeing family and going down the game with my brother and nephew, and his little un, and stopping over for a curry. Wife gets to see sister and our daughter, so its good all round.
I found the tv coverage aweful and wouldnt pay more than £20 PM because I just dont enjoy it.

It’s simply not the same as being there, dunno how all these armchair fans of ‘big’ clubs live.

I've - as I argued all along - preferred football being back rather than not at all, and other sports. It has given 'us' something other than covid to focus on has it not?

But obviously, it isn't going to be the same until fans can go back. Just hope sport can continue even if lockdown has to return in a stronger form due to all the fucktards breaking the rules and not giving a damn.

Was thinking along the same lines, they will surely need to find a way to try to televise all games? I would imagine if there was a will, the big broadcasters could charge fans less, because advertising will be greatly increased, but I doubt there will be much of a will !
I can't see there would be any will for that ti happen Fear!

I think the best logical option would be to buy a virtual season ticket for a specific club. I'd be happy to pay a fair whack to see all of Villa's games.

It won't happen though, partly due to BT/Sky/Prime all being involved and also because it would probably reduce full subscribers. Maybe the streams will just improve to make up for it?! Am I allowed to say that?