Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 147 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Not sure why there should be a second spike, unless lockdown is unlocked too early. Unless it hits the players can't see why it would affect the restart.

Not sure why there should be a second spike, unless lockdown is unlocked too early. Unless it hits the players can't see why it would affect the restart.

Well that's for the Coronavirus spread , but we would be back to step 1 again with all the protocols of 1 hours exercise and staying in etc which would prevent the players from training.

Premier League: Four more positive cases after third round of coronavirus testing
Fourth round of testing will take place on Thursday and Friday
Last Updated: 27/05/20 7:16pm

Four more people from three Premier League clubs have tested positive for coronavirus after the third round of testing.
There were 1,008 tests carried out on Monday and Tuesday - and a fourth round will take place on Thursday and Friday, with up to 60 people from each club to be tested.
It is not yet known whether the four new positive tests are players, non-playing staff, or a combination of both - or whether any of the positives are from people who tested positive in the first round and who have returned after self-isolating for seven days.

Full Article https://www.skysports.com/football/...ases-after-third-round-of-coronavirus-testing

With the launch of test and trace today and the green light for contact training, what impact will new positive tests have on squads?
I guess the current low positive testers can safely self isolate, but what happens if and when a player who took part in (close) contact training tests positive?
Going by the ‘rules’ announced it is likely those training with him should have to isolate for 14 days. So aside from a Cumins get of jail free card, any positive testers from here on could decimate squads and their prep for restart.
Any views on whether the clubs will find a way around this (ie don’t bring your phones to training!)

With the launch of test and trace today and the green light for contact training, what impact will new positive tests have on squads?
I guess the current low positive testers can safely self isolate, but what happens if and when a player who took part in (close) contact training tests positive?
Going by the ‘rules’ announced it is likely those training with him should have to isolate for 14 days. So aside from a Cumins get of jail free card, any positive testers from here on could decimate squads and their prep for restart.
Any views on whether the clubs will find a way around this (ie don’t bring your phones to training!)

From what we have read the Premier League appear to want to treat a player having a positive for Covid-19 as any other normal injury. This person alone goes in to self isolation and the matches go on. That can't be right. If a player is tested positive say three days after playing 90 mins football then surely all players and staff whom he has come into contact with must also go into self isolation. Premier League just want the season finished. Next 7 days will define what will happen. To me the 6 clubs at the bottom seem to be being "forced" by top clubs and PL, EFL, Media, FA into just finishing season and taking relegation on the chin. If we get a level playing fields and the matches are at correct home venues we will just have to accept but I think they will try and force us into conceding home venues and accepting Points Per Game if the season is stopped again.

I am hoping the bottom 6 clubs stick together. Today will be interesting and I would not be surprised if they can't get an overall agreement but just agree one one or two small issues such as media rights and then kick the can down the road till next week with the object of applying more pressure. You can already see that financial pressure is being built up on the clubs with the recommendation to pay compensation to the media. This is clearly done to take no relegation off the table.

I can't stand Deeney as much as the next man, but this sort of thing is beyond despicable:

Watford captain Troy Deeney says people told him they wished his baby son would contract coronavirus after he chose not to return to training.

Deeney did not want to put his child, who has had breathing difficulties, "in more danger" and raised concerns over the increased risk to black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) players.

"In a time where it's all about mental health and everyone says 'speak up, speak out, please speak', Danny Rose spoke out and I spoke out and we just get absolutely hammered and battered for it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52831522

I can't stand Deeney as much as the next man, but this sort of thing is beyond despicable:

Watford captain Troy Deeney says people told him they wished his baby son would contract coronavirus after he chose not to return to training.

Deeney did not want to put his child, who has had breathing difficulties, "in more danger" and raised concerns over the increased risk to black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) players.

"In a time where it's all about mental health and everyone says 'speak up, speak out, please speak', Danny Rose spoke out and I spoke out and we just get absolutely hammered and battered for it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52831522

They must have the freedom of choice to say I don't think its safe to play. Then of course if a few players from Watford hold the same opinion why should the PL be able to force relegation on Watford by reason of changing the integral rules of the competition.

From reading this , it doesn't look like McGinn is the one with Asthma.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/05/28/mcginn-interview-villatv
Brilliant news, makes me more confident that if we can at least get games underway we have a chance of stopping up!
We should all lobby Villa to push for the home game v SUFC first, IF we could win that early, puts us in a better position should it all fold again. I do think we have a sound logic to get this played first as it’s the earliest I played fixture now that they have all been postponed.

From what we have read the Premier League appear to want to treat a player having a positive for Covid-19 as any other normal injury. This person alone goes in to self isolation and the matches go on. That can't be right. If a player is tested positive say three days after playing 90 mins football then surely all players and staff whom he has come into contact with must also go into self isolation. Premier League just want the season finished. Next 7 days will define what will happen. To me the 6 clubs at the bottom seem to be being "forced" by top clubs and PL, EFL, Media, FA into just finishing season and taking relegation on the chin. If we get a level playing fields and the matches are at correct home venues we will just have to accept but I think they will try and force us into conceding home venues and accepting Points Per Game if the season is stopped again.

I am hoping the bottom 6 clubs stick together. Today will be interesting and I would not be surprised if they can't get an overall agreement but just agree one one or two small issues such as media rights and then kick the can down the road till next week with the object of applying more pressure. You can already see that financial pressure is being built up on the clubs with the recommendation to pay compensation to the media. This is clearly done to take no relegation off the table.
If Villa accept points per game without a fight I will be so pissed off, probably to the point of not bothering to go down anymore.
It is just not fair, and if we couldnt be bothered to fight our corner as a club I fail to see why I or anyone else should care about the outcome.

No links or anything but apparently the 17th we will host Sheff Utd

Here you go , it's behind a paywall , but the bit you can read tells it all.

The Premier League season will resume on Wednesday June 17 – with Aston Villa at home to Sheffield United and Manchester City hosting Arsenal.

The two matches are in the ‘games in hand’ that will take all the 20 clubs up to 29 matches and have huge ramifications at both ends of the table.

Another Premier League game may be played on Friday June 19 but the full round of fixtures will start on Saturday June 20 with matches staggered across the weekend.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/28/exclusive-premier-league-restart-june-17/

Glad they are doing the games in hand first. If all else fails, at least the season could be halted and be 'equal'.