Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 109 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Yes, he'd be top of the list, as would the PM for not following his own advice. So yes to those ****s

And agree. You can't add unreasonable terms to a contract.

There would be a contradiction with the tramps like Ozil not being willing to take a cut on £300 000 (or was it £350k?) wages if they then weren't willing to play though, wouldn't there?

All along, my argument was if safe though. Up to the experts - God help us - to decide that.
No contradiction. Wage level is irrelevant. I agree on the safety thing and I can't see how prem league can play if Hackney Marshes cant.

We , after all are living in a country with the worst death rate in Europe thanks to gross negligence from our leaders / protectors .

As most countries aren't including care home deaths or people who died at home I cant see this being accurate. No one in Europe was prepared for it. But I guess we are going off topic here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Figures are not accurate. I think our figures are destined to be even more easily the worst in Europe. Appalling. 6,111 new cases today - nowhere anywhere near that. Excess deaths in U were already over 41,000 a week ago, and must be over 50,000 now. Biggest factor, our useless slow lockdown.

Getting back on topic, I think Villa should stick to their guns in being against restart on neutral grounds, with 6 home games. But I wish the PL and all its greed could just dissappear.

I agree. Figures are not accurate. I think our figures are destined to be even more easily the worst in Europe. Appalling. 6,111 new cases today - nowhere anywhere near that. Excess deaths in U were already over 41,000 a week ago, and must be over 50,000 now. Biggest factor, our useless slow lockdown.

Getting back on topic, I think Villa should stick to their guns in being against restart on neutral grounds, with 6 home games. But I wish the PL and all its greed could just dissappear.
I think our homes game are so hard that we would be at an advantage playing neutrally.

I was proper looking forward to Man U at home as well, haven’t beaten them at home since my first game at Villa Park in 1995, full house and a big atmosphere and we’d have finally had them. I hope 7 teams reject this neutral nonsense.

Last edited:
The
If the industry can't get the product back on the pitch, then of course the wage level is relevant, if we are also talking about the survival of the clubs, which I believe we are.
Yes in the long run you are right but the only way Ozil will take a wage cut is if he perceives that Arsenal will otherwise go into administration. That is not a short term proposition so that's why any wage arguments are currently irrelevant. It will be different for poorer clubs and their timelines may be shorter but I note there are also buyers for distressed clubs out there. You may begrudge people their contracts but I don't in the absence of anything other than market forces determining them. Footballers are not subsidised and the industry is clearly a big exporter. Why the insult of a young man on the basis of a contract that a company gave him? Not saying he is my cup of tea but that's a different matter.

I was proper looking forward to Man U at home as well, haven’t beaten them at home since my first game at Villa Park in 1995, full house and a big atmosphere and we’d have finally had them. I hope 5 teams reject this neutral nonsense.
Needs 7 to reject to stop it. If they get 14 yes's its enough

You may begrudge people their contracts but I don't in the absence of anything other than market forces determining them.

I don't, at all.

I do not like the ridiculous way football has gone, the transfer fees and wages are stupid, but I do not blame players taking whatever they can get. I would.

You can dismiss as irrelevant all you want, we are not in normal times, they should realise this as much as everyone else has had to, like people on furlough, going bust, struggling to get any food on the table and so on. Not to mention those losing lives.

Market forces right now, will force clubs into administration. Maybe they deserve it for the wreckless way they are all set now, but no one saw this coming and all should be trying to help save the industry, directors, managers and players included.

But no, I do not begrudge anyone earning whatever they can get. I am not the jealous sort.

In terms of the vote then obvious YES vote -
Liverpool
Sheff Utd
Wolves
Spurs
Arsenal
Palace
Burnley
Leicester
Newcastle

Obvious NO vote
Villa
Brighton
Norwich
Bournemouth
Watford
West Ham

Not sure
Man Utd ?
Everton
Southampton
Man City
Chelsea

Think I'd largely go with that list as well Sil - but I can't help wonder if there might be a little bit of revenge from supposed smaller clubs though over the top 6 attempting to force through a more favourable distribution of foreign broadcast money (to them) a few years back?

As an update on my earlier comments that players are the ideal people to play through this with their fitness etc - given developments.

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala has fully recovered from coronavirus more than a month after he was first diagnosed. Dybala's two latest tests came back negative for COVID-19, Juventus said in a statement on Wednesday.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...us-forward-finally-recovered-from-coronavirus

A month is a bloody long time for a fit player to take to fully recover! It might be the flu without a vaccine, but football as a whole can't jump the gun to return here given the bigger picture at play until we get that vaccine and get it rolled out to people.

But no, I do not begrudge anyone earning whatever they can get. I am not the jealous sort.[/QUOTE]

"the tramps like Ozil not being willing to take a cut on £300 000 (or was it £350k?) "Errr....?

As an update on my earlier comments that players are the ideal people to play through this with their fitness etc - given developments.

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala has fully recovered from coronavirus more than a month after he was first diagnosed. Dybala's two latest tests came back negative for COVID-19, Juventus said in a statement on Wednesday.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...us-forward-finally-recovered-from-coronavirus

A month is a bloody long time for a fit player to take to fully recover! It might be the flu without a vaccine, but football as a whole can't jump the gun to return here given the bigger picture at play until we get that vaccine and get it rolled out to people.
Think I read Dybala had 6 positive tests , seemed he couldn't shake it off quickly

He is a tramp, as are his colleagues - they refused a 12.5% cut with significant boosted incentives for if they actually then performed.

No belief in themselves, no brotherhood with the normal paid staff who make their pampered existence possible.

'Tramps' is putting it politely.

This isn't a normal time. Everyone else, if lucky, is getting 80% of their normal wage. Preened, overpaid windbag who barely turns up for the club can't cope on 87.5% of his wage during a pandemic when he can't even attempt to do his job?

If he could still play, it's Arsenal's fault they offered him that contract. That's a different argument from the one above where he's fully entitled (and right) to expect to pick up 100% of his wage even if not selected or injured.

Think I read Dybala had 6 positive tests , seemed he couldn't shake it off quickly
Hadn't read about the 6 tests, but caught he was now clear after the last 2 tests.

Only posted to prove how wrong I was really, that players would be unlikely to be affected - compared to the rest of us.