2018 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

2018 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Our ex manager Paul Clement now at Reading wants to sign Jay Fulton.

Surprised by that. Update today from Alan Nixon is that he's available and the two club's are trying to agree on a fee. Assume there must be replacements lined up ready if Fulton leaves?

The only summer transfer intent by the hedge fund owners, as we now know, was to get rid of as many players as possible, so it’s 16 out and still counting, as the European market is still open for transfers out.

Shocking deadline day Keith. Making it 4 defenders sold this Summer and none bought - well 1 if you count Declan John but he's not really a centre half.

They said the same mistakes wouldn’t happen again, but here we go, with the bunch of amateurs we have in charge.
Woods was valued at 7mill by Brentford. We offer 6mill which was rejected.
Brentford eventually climb down and agree to let Woods go for 6.5mill as his head is turned and he wants to come here.
Woods is on standby, bags packed, ready to travel down for a medical.
Huw and The Hedge Funders (sounds like a group) unforgivably decide to pull out at the last minute on Thursday as they were not prepared to pay the 500k shortfall on the fee.
This after raking in 16 mill that very same day transferring 4 key players out.
It stinks.
Joe Allen all over again.

All gone, sixteen players since the end of our Premier League dream -
Baston, Fabianski, Mesa, Gorre, Bartley, Mawson, Clucas, Fernández, Amat, AyewA, AyewJ, Britton, Rangel, Abraham, King, Sanches

“We will be relentless in our determinatiuon to continually improve this club, and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom” Kaplan and Levien

Where are these financial resources?

Rumoured that Swans are interested in these two on loan -
Muhamed Besic, Everton, on loan at Boro last season, Bosnian
defensive midfielder
Cameron Humphrey’s-Grant, Man City, 19 year old, 6’2” Centre Half

Fire sale still in full swing with Dyer, Narsingh and Routledge left out of the squad in anticipation of any loan deals forthcoming. Montero and Naughton still seemingly in favour as subs last night, but not played, which tells me they can also go if an offer comes in.
The massive drain on the wage bill is Bony but fat chance of him going until January.

Fire sale still in full swing with Dyer, Narsingh and Routledge left out of the squad in anticipation of any loan deals forthcoming. Montero and Naughton still seemingly in favour as subs last night, but not played, which tells me they can also go if an offer comes in.
The massive drain on the wage bill is Bony but fat chance of him going until January.

And then he probably will go Keith. Looks like Dyer and Routledge could be off which will reduce the wage bill again by another couple of mill but will we actually bring any in?

The danger as I see it now is that due to our fine start to the season the hedge fund owners will decide that our squad does not need strengthening.
I hope they realise that we are one injury away from a crisis with our threadbare squad.

Not rumour, fact. Spurs 20 year old centre half Carter-Vickers season long loan signing yesterday is hopefully the first of at least 3 players to come in by Friday.
We desperately need a strong midfielder and another striker to complement the squad.

Real Madrid forward Dani Gomez and former West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu are the latest players linked, possibly others before tomorrow’s deadline.
32 year old midfielder Mulumbu is a free agent so can sign anytime. He recently left Kilmarnock.

That’s it then, Carter-Vickers the only loan signing as this summer transfer window ends.
I have a feeling that the ill advised decision to go with what we’ve got, which is a very inexperienced and threadbare squad, is going to come back to bite us.
I hope I’m wrong.

Winter transfer window coming up in January and already plenty of speculation.
We are showing interest in winger Jordan Jones of Kilmarnock, he’s out of contract end of season.
Celtic are looking at our own Connor Roberts, also out of contract end of season. What’s all the chest banging and kissing the badge then stalling on signing a new contract with us? Get it signed Connor, you know it makes sense.

Last edited: