2018 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

2018 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

I’ve stopped looking at that News Now website, it’s full of articles on our players linked with bids from other clubs. Plus each article you open has a block over it, either agree to cookies or you can’t view.
All this speculation must be unsettling for the loyal squad players who want to stay, it’s certainly unsettling for the fans.
We now realise there’s going to be zero investment from our owners, the hedge fund managers, and that we have to sell to cut wages if there’s no relegation clause in a players contract, and also in order to buy players who want to be here.
How ironic the crocodile tears from Fabianski when we were relegated, then next day he’s in the office asking for a transfer. He’s forgotten that we took a big gamble on him, and rescued him when he was languishing in the reserves at Arsenal and called Flapianski by their fans after some poor displays..

I have as well Keith. Loads of articles full of rubbish and just speculating. So many non sites who just write whatever, so many in fact that it's hard to pick out an article worth clicking on. Its mostly clickbait so I don't bother.

Crocodile Tears gone then. From any of the top players to keep it should have been him, even if it was just until January to see if we were making a promotion push.

The clock ticks down to pre season next Monday, as the fire sale continues with no incomings so far. They want all the top earners off the books. How our squad will look after they’ve all gone who knows. Seven gone already including our player of the season Fabianski, with others being touted around including Mawson and Fernandez, its so sad to watch our club disintegrate,
2018 annus horribilis so far for the city and people of Swansea, the electrification of the rail cancelled, the relegation of the Swans and now the Tidal Lagoon rejected.

I have a headache with all this speculation on our players and need to lie down.
I don’t believe we will bounce straight back up by getting rid of our best players, (as Joe Allen signs a new contract with Stoke!).
It looks as if we have to sell most of them before we buy anybody, same old mistakes repeating themselves season after season. Eventually we will have no players of any value to sell, what’s do we do then?
The parachute payments are there to help us bounce back but with zero investment forthcoming from the owners it will not be enough to pay the big earners.

I know what you mean Keith and there doesn't seem to be many names going around as to who we're signing, the vast majority of the speculation is about players leaving. Would be good to see a few come in now that training has started again. The parachute payments won't help us much in terms of buying players, we rely too much on TV money and it just subsidises that.

We’re frustratingly slow bringing players in, latest missed opportunity Östersund’s winger Ken Sema, who’s just signed for Watford.

All clubs are watching each other’s moves, waiting to pounce on players. We have to get used to being usurped for our targets now we are in a lower division.

Sunderland accept a bid from Swansea City for 19 year old Swedish winger Joel Asoro, valued at 2 mill with a year left on his contract. 3 goals in 29 matches last season.
We seem to like signing players from relegated clubs.

Kyle Bartley on the brink of leaving to one of our rivals, WBA.
The fire sale continues as we desperately try to offload players to lower our wage bill and rake in the millions.
Meanwhile our hedge fund owners, conspicuous by their absence, splash the cash the other side of the pond to sign Rooney for DC United.

Another one preparing to run away at his leisure. Captain last season, Fernandez, contracted until 2020 said this -
“I am looking for a different kind of option to maybe get the chance to get back into the Argentina squad. Of course, I have a contract with Swansea. I am here working hard, but really I want to try, if a club is interested in me, to play at another level. Krasnador are a club who are very interested in me, but I need to wait for other options as well. I think it is early and I need to wait a couple of weeks to see what happens.”
So you can interpret that as -
I have decided I am up for sale, never mind that I am contracted for another two years. I am openly touting myself on the market, come and get me. In the meantime I will go through the motions here at Swansea to keep fit, and to carry on picking up my huge salary, but I have no intention of staying here to help Swansea get back to the PL, even though I contributed to their demise.

First time I've seen those comments, won't go down well with Potter who wants players here who want to play for the club.

The comments are up on a few news sites. Of course the cynic in me had to add my interpretation of those comments. It’s just the frustration I feel at the disintegration of our playing squad. We haven’t a cat in hells chance of surviving in this tough division let alone promotion the way things are going.
I hope I’m wrong, but to compare, Sunderland sold all their experienced players and look where they are now,
Newcastle kept all theirs and they bounced back up, little Burnley did the same.
Cardiff were languishing at the bottom of the Championship season before last. The following season they brought Warnock in, he went for experienced players like Hoilett, Bamba, Zohore, Mendez-Laing, Halford, Gunnarsson, etc. They won their first 5 matches, never looked back and got promoted with 90 points as runners up to champions Wolves.
So far it looks as if we are going to rely on the under 23’s, over the hill players like Routledge and Dyer and returning loan players like Grimes and Fulton.