2018/19 Kit thread | Vital Football

2018/19 Kit thread

The 2018/2019 away kit is dark navy and features lime green and sky blue pinstripes on the front which is totally new for the club.

Quite excited for this kit!

man_city_away_kit_2018_2019_tshirt.jpg

The 2018/2019 away kit is dark navy and features lime green and sky blue pinstripes on the front which is totally new for the club.

Quite excited for this kit!

man_city_away_kit_2018_2019_tshirt.jpg
Looks different - the design may grow on me but at the moment I'm having doubts.

It looks like United were playing in your colours last night, probably hoping for the same exciting football that you play:clap:

Being reported that the 2018/19 home kit will be launched in May with the club seeking permission to wear it for the last two fixtures of the season - Brighton on May 9th & Southampton on May 13th.

It could be on sale the day after the Brighton game.

This will be the first time that the club have taken this route in revealing (& playing) in the next season’s kit before the conclusion of the current campaign.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/12/nike-manchester-city-18-19-home-kit.html?m=1

Last edited:
Being reported that the 2018/19 home kit will be launched in May with the club seeking permission to wear it for the last two fixtures of the season - Brighton on May 9th & Southampton on May 13th.

It could be on sale the day after the Brighton game.

This will be the first time that the club have taken this route in revealing (& playing) in the next season’s kit before the conclusion of the current campaign.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/12/nike-manchester-city-18-19-home-kit.html?m=1
My question is, why would they do this?

I assume purely to get a sales boost. Other teams have done this before I am sure although I really don’t know what you gain other than pulling sales forward from later in the year.

I suppose this time City will get more global coverage if they are wearing the new kit as PL champions but they won’t be wearing it until after the trophy presentation next Sunday :hmmm:

I assume purely to get a sales boost. Other teams have done this before I am sure although I really don’t know what you gain other than pulling sales forward from later in the year.

I suppose this time City will get more global coverage if they are wearing the new kit as PL champions but they won’t be wearing it until after the trophy presentation next Sunday :hmmm:

What they gain from it is kids pestering their parents to get them the new kit before they go off on their summer holidays.

Not keen on it, with the socks a nod back to the 80s and beyond.
This season we've worn an almost perfect kit.

Attachments

• DcvIugQXcAAxUFh.jpg
    DcvIugQXcAAxUFh.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4
The only white on the shirt is an advertising slogan, they could have used white piping on the collar and cuffs.

Last edited:
What they gain from it is kids pestering their parents to get them the new kit before they go off on their summer holidays.
on

This is spot on,I can remember years ago that Notts would always wear next season's new kit on the last day of the season and then would sell them after the game,everyone wanted them for their holidays during the breakbut it seems that the trend has disappeared now for some reason (for us anyway)

I remember when they changed the home kit every two years and the away kit alternate years before the ostriches took their heads out of their backsides and allowed advertising.

Those were the days. Now it Its 3 new kits every season which is completely unnecessary..........unless you want to maximise profits. We are no better or worse than any other top club but it doesn’t mean I like it :shake: