2018/19 Fixtures! | Page 3 | Vital Football

2018/19 Fixtures!

Crewe away on Boxing Day is frustrating for me. Second easiest game to get to, but wife may well have other ideas than half of us going off for the afternoon

Looks like your turn to cook Christmas dinner and do all the washing up this year!!

Macclesfield away for me is an easy get to match and they put it on the missus's birthday. That present just got more expensive

some things won't be affected by who teams sign. in fact the quality of the manager may well be a pointer to how well they will recruit.
positive spin on 'tough start':

bury have an unsuccessful, inexperienced manager [managed 25 games total, lost 10], the same guy that took them down.
northampton have an unsuccessful, inexperienced manager [managed 39 games total, lost 21], the same guy that took them down.
exeter have a new, untried manager [0 games managed].
grimsby have an unsuccessful, inexperienced manager [28 games managed, lost 13].

our guy has won a few promotions, has been playing football manager since he was knee high, and is on the back of a national trophy win.

swindon and notts look more difficult, but are both at home. we are pretty formidable at home.

...in fact the quality of the manager may well be a pointer to how well they will recruit:

bury have an unsuccessful, inexperienced manager [managed 25 games total, lost 10], the same guy that took them down.
northampton have an unsuccessful, inexperienced manager [managed 39 games total, lost 21], the same guy that took them down.
grimsby have an unsuccessful, inexperienced manager [28 games managed, lost 13].

Much more than that too - 13 of League Two's 24 managers have been appointed within the last 12 months.

There will be a series of articles on League Two's managers starting shortly.

some things won't be affected by who teams sign. in fact the quality of the manager may well be a pointer to how well they will recruit.
positive spin on 'tough start':

our guy has won a few promotions, has been playing football manager since he was knee high, and is on the back of a national trophy win.

swindon and notts look more difficult, but are both at home. we are pretty formidable at home.
Great post this and pretty much my thoughts on the first six games too.
Northampton and Bury both had terrible seasons and went down with barely a whimper.
Grimsby stayed up by the skin of their teeth and a lot of penalties!
Exeter appear to be in total flux with the manager leaving and several of the squad doing likewise, unknown quantity.
Swindon have a clown in charge and we managed to get four points off them.
Notts County appear to have recruited well but do have a manager with quite a short fuse and appeared he lost the dressing room for a spell last season as their form dropped right after Xmas.
Time will tell of course but I'm not bothered about the others only us and our quest to make that improvement required to get to 85 points and claim a top three place.

Looks a tough start.

I always look for the midweek games first of all because they're difficult for me, so a little disappointed with Oldham because that's one I wanted to tick off.

Going to be a hell of a scramble for Northampton tickets, I imagine.

First four league games of the season should sell out.

I'm sure our opponents think we're tough to play and we keep up the standard of signings we'll be even tougher to beat.