2014 Six Nations | Vital Football

2014 Six Nations

BBJ

Father Of The Forum
It starts this coming weekend.
Of course I hope that Ireland will win it (with a Grand Slam thrown in and record wins over all comers).
What I think will happen is that Ireland will come fourth with Scotland and Italy fighting it out for the wooden spoon.
The other trio of England, France and Wales will therefore fill the first three slots but I have no idea in which order.

You never know which 'France' will turn up for these championships.

So, I go for Wales, with England and France battling it out for the runners-up spot. Basically, I think you're about right BBJ.

Agreed, can never predict France.

Hoping, obviously, for a good showing from England, high time we won again!!

This is the time when Mr KK goes from ecstatic to suicidal in a few hours depending on the results. Wales for him of-course

England should romp it, especially with their closest rivals Wales having to come to Twickers this time. After ballsing up the Grand Slam in Cardiff last year I'd hope that they will be even stronger this year and not let it happen again.

But then this is England I'm talking about, as in the cricket they could go from top dogs to wooden spoon in the blink of an eye - they'll probably finish rock bottom.

Yup. I hate it when people say things like that Jim. They often find a way to blow the theory out of the water don't they lol

Though to be honest, as long as we best the Scottish, the Irish, the Italians, the French and the Welsh, I don't mind where we finish!! :3:

Not happy.

So close after a great fight back and then threw it away at the end!

Should of closed that match out after a great comeback. The Frogs tries were fortunate to say the least. Disappointing to say the least.

It just hasn't been a good day today.....

Snatched defeat out of victory, should have been able to see that match out.

There were positives but..... Arrgghhhh!

wasn't the script just written for that 19 year old French replacement to score the winning try?

Don't know if it's because of the upgraded Lansdowne Road, but there didn't seem to be much atmosphere at the Ireland v Scotland game today.

Got my money on with Billy Hills for the Irish to win the 6 nations, they've got Wales in Dublin as well as England i think so feeling confident , dont know that the french will travel too well

fatloser - 2/2/2014 19:31

Got my money on with Billy Hills for the Irish to win the 6 nations, they've got Wales in Dublin as well as England i think so feeling confident , dont know that the french will travel too well

You might be in luck, fl! However, as I've said elsewhere, there are the small matters of away visits to London and Paris plus Italy (not a soft touch these days) at home.
Still, an excellent win today and, to mix up anthems, Gatland has been sent homeward to think again.

Welsh thrashed. England dominant (to be fair, not unexpected v Scotland )

All in all, not a bad day. Bet the I don't get a phone call from Amenford tomorrow where my pops (granddad) lives!!!

This Saturday it's "the big one"!
England were unlucky to lose to France and did the business rather easily against Scotland. Ireland huffed and puffed against Scotland for 40 minutes but did enough before doing a real number on Wales.
It's really hard to say who'll win this one but, sentiment apart, you'd have to just about fancy England.
My hope, however, is that Ireland win.
(Surprisingly....)