2014 Six Nations | Page 6 | Vital Football

2014 Six Nations

Well done Ireland........although England are the morale victors having taken the Tripple Crown :56:

How on earth did he pass that ball forwards the fecking French numptie.

But, fair play Ireland, the league doesn't lie, deserved Championship.

:1:

The table is about right. Ireland and England were the two best teams and I couldn't have complained too much if the positions had been reversed.
Wales are flat track bullies, France are both useless and brilliant, Scotland are merely useless (sadly) and Italy deserved not to get the wooden spoon (just about).

It's amazing that after all the time on the pitch - 5 matches, that a slightly forward pass with 1 minute 20 seconds left to play, decides the winner of the Championship.

Fair play to Ireland never saw any of their game England after a shaky start and a few bad mistakes did as much as could be expected but Ireland had the points on the board enough said.

I cant even say the best team won because I think England have been the best side in this tournament. The one point loss against France, we were robbed and it has proved to be the deciding factor. However from my opinion we have looked the better team in all the games we have played.

For us not to win it then I would always choose the Irish next, to win in Paris, well they deserve it.

Anyway we are looking in good shape for the World Cup next year, peaking for that tournament seems to be our specialty!

Very pleased O'Driscoll got the prize in his last game.

England very unlucky to be fair.

Long term I'm worried about the world cup. I cant understand why Gatland persists with players like Priestland.

Need to iron out some of the sloppy errors.

Although saying that a record win against the Scots was a nice way to sign off the six nations. Although was that because on the day Wales were unplayable, or because Scotland were awful?

Sadly, Scotland are pretty dismal these days, Draig Cymraeg - not to take the shine off a record win.
Rightly people are saying that England can consider themselves a bit unfortunate. However, I did not expect Ireland to do so well (look at some of my earlier posts) and I think it has come down to coaching. The two best coaches have been Lancaster and Schmidt.

It's a strange result though, what with the final result being England being crowned champions of the British Isles and at the same time Ireland being crowned champions of Europe. It seems so counter-intuitive that this should be the case.