2012/13 New Season Scouting | Page 4 | Vital Football

2012/13 New Season Scouting

Lenny's transfer activity appears to be hotting up. He is looking at Croatian striker Srdjan Lakic, Auxerre defender Willy Boly and midfielder and CBs Efe AMbrose and another CB from Japan and the wildman Stephen Hunt! All of them sound good. I think Hunt would be a good bit of business, too. He is a veteran presence and pretty versatile.

Hadn't heard about Lakic......can't say I'm impressed with what I'm seeing on him though. Didn't hear we were back being linked with Hunt again either......I really wouldn't bother with Hunt, I don't think he's anything great and....do we really need him??

I like that we have options for a new CB though.

Yes, we need Hunt because he's a madman! The Daily Mirror reported it. I just like him as a player. Honestly, we don't need him because we have two (three counting Matthews) who can play left back and then have Commons, Sammy and Paddy on left wing.

Lakic scores 16 goals for Kaiserslautern in the '10/'11 season. He's a big forward to lead the line. I'm not geeked about him but the reports sound pretty good. I'd rahter see rhodes than him and don't understand why we wouldn't try to do that first.

Looking at his overall stats, I worry a little. Lakic has a decent scoring record but he's moved to Wolfsburg and done feck all it seems, he scored 1 goal in 19 games last season and that was in a cup game, he started 11 games. He's not that big and certainly doesn't seem like the target striker we need and he's 28....total games = 148.....that doesn't seem like an awful lot to me! Although, in those 148 games, his record is a goal ever 3 games which isn't that bad.

Still not keen on him, it's not like he has lots of experience at European level or anything either....2 games in UEFA cup qualification is as close as he has come to playing in Europe.

He'd be better than Macheda though.....I hope neither of them come in! lol.

See I'm not that keen on Hunt as a player, he also seems to be injured a lot.....I just think if we are going to get a midfielder, we could get someone better and with more potential and even more European experience than Hunt.

Latest Celtic News