2009 playoff final | Vital Football

2009 playoff final

nitram77

Vital 1st Team Regular
Did anyone else watch this today, it's the first time I have watched the whole game since being there on the day. I didn't realize just how dominant we were in the first half, we definitely deserved the win.
I was also surprised how young our midfield were, that was quite a talented team all told. :thumbup:

Yeah we were by far the better side in the first half. Don't remember a lot happening in the 2nd bar King continuing to dominate Holt.

I seem to remember it shouldn't have been a corner?

Did anyone else watch this today, it's the first time I have watched the whole game since being there on the day. I didn't realize just how dominant we were in the first half, we definitely deserved the win.
I was also surprised how young our midfield were, that was quite a talented team all told. :thumbup:

Where did you watch it please mate? Hope I can still catch it

My dad had my match ticket and I had plane tickets booked from Japan, BUT I had to cancel thanks to Japan introducing a 6 week quarantine on return to the country due to swine flu..! Was so gutted, having been at the Man City and Wigan games.

Love watching Barry Fuller lead the team up and lift the trophy! Also I know Stimson ended up falling out with some fans but I can’t help feeling that he really cared about that team that day, it meant a lot. Watching the interviews on GillsintheBlood with Kingy and Jack Payne, It seems the players regarded him highly and he made a big impact on the them.

How we’d love Simeon Jackson quality goal scorer in the team again!

UTG!

My dad had my match ticket and I had plane tickets booked from Japan, BUT I had to cancel thanks to Japan introducing a 6 week quarantine on return to the country due to swine flu..! Was so gutted, having been at the Man City and Wigan games.

Love watching Barry Fuller lead the team up and lift the trophy! Also I know Stimson ended up falling out with some fans but I can’t help feeling that he really cared about that team that day, it meant a lot. Watching the interviews on GillsintheBlood with Kingy and Jack Payne, It seems the players regarded him highly and he made a big impact on the them.

How we’d love Simeon Jackson quality goal scorer in the team again!

UTG!
Does the video show Simeon giving the defender a helpful shove forward just as the ball was delivered?

I seem to remember that Dennis Oli played a bit of a blinder that day.

My only regret was that we didn't see Trigger come on for a few minutes.
I agree with both of these. Nicky Southall wasn't even on the bench for that game because he was being frozen out by Stimson as others had been before.

I loathed Mark Stimson but his tactics that day were spot on. Dennis Oli was playing wide right in a front three and Shrewbury couldn't cope with him (which isn't something you could often say about Dennis).