20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United - PL | Page 13 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apart from them only being 2-1 up....did you honestly feel we were in it? I felt we were like training cones in comparison to them....why would be bring Sissoko on if it was a win he wanted. No....he tried not to lose....again! As for serge and dier...as much as I would have loved them to score a brace each....the pure fact he plays them with their dodgy games is crazy....
Until they got the third, yep in theory we could have snatched a draw....but in footballing terms we weren't in it from minute 46.... We were 2nd best all over the pitch with zilch tactics as usual...

It wasn't that bad, we broke on them but couldn't find the final ball, Moura made a great run then passed it to a Utd player. The shit sub Sissoko put the ball in the box which led to Cavani heading it against his own bar. Utd were at us 2nd half and they have the players to do that. Both teams can't attack at the same time, one has to defend. What's the option, go all out attack and concede a goal like the third ?
Hugo didn't do us any favours either on 2 of the goals.

It wasn't that bad, we broke on them but couldn't find the final ball, Moura made a great run then passed it to a Utd player. The shit sub Sissoko put the ball in the box which led to Cavani heading it against his own bar. Utd were at us 2nd half and they have the players to do that. Both teams can't attack at the same time, one has to defend. What's the option, go all out attack and concede a goal like the third ?
Hugo didn't do us any favours either on 2 of the goals.

IN fairness, Hugo simply isn't good enough anymore. His time with us is done.

Take a look at the Utd team v ours in the comparative positions. Yeah, they are better than us. Even Cavani was better than Kane today.

Bringing Sissoko on with the game finely balanced at 1-1 just didn't make sense, what was the point in trying to settle for a point in this game, if ever there was a must win, this was it.
Having said that, as the game progressed it became increasingly apparent how superior United were. Pogba dominated the midfield, and left me wondering, not for the first time, as to whether Ndombele or Lo Celso have the ability to influence and take control of games in the way that the United midfield did today.
No real complaints from me as regards the performance, we just weren't good enough.

Take a look at the Utd team v ours in the comparative positions. Yeah, they are better than us. Even Cavani was better than Kane today.
Yes I agree they were better than us today. However whilst not a direct like for like comparison the basis of both teams were little different to the teams that played in the 6-1 win at Ol Trafford. The difference is that they have come together as a well coached, cohesive unit that knows what they are about. Each player knows his job and what to expect of his teammates around. They have been coached to pass and move (strange tactic that) we pass sometimes to our own and admire. We have no game plan that I can see apart from the hope that Kane or Son live up to their hype and score. We are disorganised and rarely put mor than 3 passes together other than across the back hurting no one.
so the difference today was a talented well coached organised and professional team against a talented but poorly coached outfit that had little idea of how to counter the team they were against.
Guess which was us! We were the outfit we were not a team.
Only one person has today’s result at his door. For the sake of our club he has to go.

Well, we were worse than I expected.

Wet Spam, Arse, Pool and Chavs all winning their important 3 points.

As usual, match was on at 4am Monday, so I rose at 5:30am to see the inevitable. Jose out classed by Ole and our players getting exactly what they deserved.

Hugo getting beat at his near post, poor defending, poor subs, poor tactics.

What did you all expect?

It's going to be a long road with many changes until we are a force again. This will be a true test of the supporters character.

IMO, we are in a worse situation than we were with Poch when all went pear shaped with the Eriksen debacle. We called for a world renowned coach, We called for Levy to open his wallet. A few dreamed of having Bale and Kane playing together. Where has it got us?

I find myself wishing the wheels would just fall off altogether and the engine will blow up. Anything just to bring forward total change from top to bottom.

Player for player, our two teams are extremely even in most positions. I'd say only Wan-Bis, Son and Kane are the better players in their positions. In-form, there is very little to choose between them all. Fernandes Vs Lo Celso is a comparison I'm not sure on though. I think Lo Celso could become a much better player than Bruno but right now Bruno is ahead.

Sonny was very down when interviewed by our club guy. I have never seen him like that. What Ole said about him was very bad.....If I was his father I wouldn't feed him...or words to that effect. Jose was disgusted. He was also angry with the press for not bringing the subject up.

Sonny was very down when interviewed by our club guy. I have never seen him like that. What Ole said about him was very bad.....If I was his father I wouldn't feed him...or words to that effect. Jose was disgusted. He was also angry with the press for not bringing the subject up.

What Ole said lacked class and Jose taught the petulent whiner a lesson in respect. What's so ridiculous about it is McTwatinay DID whip Sonny in the face fairly hard so Ole wasn't only a ****, he was wrong in his portrayal of the incident.

The fact is, Pogba and McTwatinay could have seen red but had the Man Utd luck on their side.

[QUOTE="10Hoddle, post: 2797455, member: 7186"
I find myself wishing the wheels would just fall off altogether and the engine will blow up. Anything just to bring forward total change from top to bottom.[/QUOTE]
That's just how I've become to feel Hod, must be the Aussie water.....:hang:

Pogba is flaky, Cavani is way past his best, Fernandes is top draw to be fair and Greenwood is still wishy washy.

You have over hyped the United team there NRD.
Pogba walked past Hojberg time and time again ,Cavani made so many great runs and our cbs had no clue how to deal with him. Greenwood came on set up a goal and scored a goal. These flaky passed it and wishy washy players made us look silly so what are we

Whilst I don't blame Son for playing to instructions (the dark arts), Ole is absolutely right in his "conned the refs" comments. It's a generic comment about where the game of football has ended up. Son was clearly shot by sniper in the non-existent crowd. There are loads of these snipers ruining football :-)

It is also a good sign of how little respect Jose has from his peer group. Ole had no worries calling Jose's players cheats. Would he have done that to a manager that isn't on the brink of losing his job? What goes around comes around.

The saddest thing about the whole incident is the shape of the team. Hojbjerg is our deepest outfield player slotting in as a 3rd centre half between Rodon and Reggie. We have 6 players in a line from RB to LB and Son 2 on 1 in an orthodox centre mid position.

Nobody can convince me that these are tactics that will win any football match.