20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United - PL | Page 12 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately, the difference in class over 90 mins was massive.

The Utd team we saw today look about 20 points ahead of us as a Prem side. They are trending in a good direction and always look to buy young, hungry players. They have a manager who believes in an attractive style of football, a style that he liked playing in under Fergie. A manager that doesn't hang his players out to dry publicly, but just keeps plugging away at it when adversity comes his way. It's not just to do with their balance sheet, but that helps.

Today's game was a sorry reminder how far back we've slipped since we got 86 points in 2017. I'm not convinced we've bottomed out yet either. I thought we had, but now we can't even seem to get it together even with the talented players. That makes it worse to deal with.

Unfortunately, the difference in class over 90 mins was massive.

The Utd team we saw today look about 20 points ahead of us as a Prem side. They are trending in a good direction and always look to buy young, hungry players. They have a manager who believes in an attractive style of football, a style that he liked playing in under Fergie. A manager that doesn't hang his players out to dry publicly, but just keeps plugging away at it when adversity comes his way. It's not just to do with their balance sheet, but that helps.

Today's game was a sorry reminder how far back we've slipped since we got 86 points in 2017. I'm not convinced we've bottomed out yet either. I thought we had, but now we can't even seem to get it together even with the talented players. That makes it worse to deal with.

Give them a change of leadership and define how we play as a squad, and you'd see how completely different we'd look.

So did I - his subs yet again buried us.

Sissoko was to shore up, Utd were carving us, it was also to push Ndombele further up but he was done for. I would have brought on Dele not Sissoko. Lamela was understandable and he stretched their defence with some good passes. Bale did Sweet FA but he was brought on for a moment of magic I guess.

Sissoko was to shore up, Utd were carving us, it was also to push Ndombele further up but he was done for. I would have brought on Dele not Sissoko. Lamela was understandable and he stretched their defence with some good passes. Bale did Sweet FA but he was brought on for a moment of magic I guess.

Bale should have been bought on 20 mins before. As for the Sissoko sub, it's always the 'theory' but it never rarely works, all it does is force us to fall back and hand over the midfield.

Thankfully Sissoko is a goner so we won't have to put up with him for much longer.

Generally our passing and movement are crap.... We give the ball away far too often at goal kicks, free kicks, throw ins and then of course crap passes. Most of the time we are responsible for the pressure on us.... Apart from hoping Harry or sonny score...not sure what our tactics are!

Give them a change of leadership and define how we play as a squad, and you'd see how completely different we'd look.

The problem is there is a latency between when the change is made and when we see the benefits. Just look at how long it took Ole to take the shackles off the Utd squad. You have the player hangovers like Eriksen has had since he let himself get into the bad habits from 2017. He's only just getting through that now with Inter now 11 points clear and Eriksen playing well again.

Realistically, it's 2022 before we can expect any cohesion even if we make a manager change.

We did ok in the first half. Utd turned it on second half, Pogba , Cavani, Fernandes, Greenwood, World class, we almost levelled it , denied by the woodwork.

We did ok in the first half. Utd turned it on second half, Pogba , Cavani, Fernandes, Greenwood, World class, we almost levelled it , denied by the woodwork.

The margins between winning and being a nearly team comes from what the manager does on the training pitch and the leadership and decisions he makes, before, during and even after a game.

Jose has consistently got them all wrong.

Utd are 2nd in the league with a far more expensive team than ours. Few expected us to win and we didn't , why the disappointment ? What were the bookies odds ? But its Jose's fault again?

The margins between winning and being a nearly team comes from what the manager does on the training pitch and the leadership and decisions he makes, before, during and even after a game.

Jose has consistently got them all wrong.

Nothing to do with how much the team cost then ? You get what you pay for.

The problem is there is a latency between when the change is made and when we see the benefits. Just look at how long it took Ole to take the shackles off the Utd squad. You have the player hangovers like Eriksen has had since he let himself get into the bad habits from 2017. He's only just getting through that now with Inter now 11 points clear and Eriksen playing well again.

Realistically, it's 2022 before we can expect any cohesion even if we make a manager change.

It's why we should be sacking him now, but if Levy is going to do it he's probably thinking I'll do it after the final - when what he should be doing is doing it first thing in the morning - no one believes in Jose anymore, no one.

But that's a levy for you; he is indecisive when it matters most.

Utd are 2nd in the league with a far more expensive team than ours. Few expected us to win and we didn't , why the disappointment ? What were the bookies odds ? But its Jose's fault again?

You think he got the line-up right, the tactics right or worse still the subs right? wake up Nick he's too negative, the players have no idea half the time what he expects, it's a coaching and leadership issue which are the bulk of our problems and until we address that nothing will go right.

You think he got the line-up right, the tactics right or worse still the subs right? wake up Nick he's too negative, the players have no idea half the time what he expects, it's a coaching and leadership issue which are the bulk of our problems and until we address that nothing will go right.

I didn't think there was much wrong with the line up. Aurier played quite well, Dier instead of Sanchez is understandable. I would have started Dele over Loco . Sanchez and Tanganga were iffy last game.
We got beat by the better side.

If we'd bought Kane and Son today, they'd have cost us (even in these straightened times) the thick end of £250 mill - which makes a bit of nonsense out of that approach to the problem.

My point is....you can't expect to win against a team with those players. You can hope to of course and we were in the game right to the end.

My point is....you can't expect to win against a team with those players. You can hope to of course and we were in the game right to the end.
Apart from them only being 2-1 up....did you honestly feel we were in it? I felt we were like training cones in comparison to them....why would be bring Sissoko on if it was a win he wanted. No....he tried not to lose....again! As for serge and dier...as much as I would have loved them to score a brace each....the pure fact he plays them with their dodgy games is crazy....
Until they got the third, yep in theory we could have snatched a draw....but in footballing terms we weren't in it from minute 46.... We were 2nd best all over the pitch with zilch tactics as usual...