20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 13 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Kane almost certainly leaving it is absolutely critical that we sign Bale for at least another season. I don't think that we've got any chance of signing a replacement striker who is likely to score more goals over the course of the season than a fit Bale playing regularly.

And if we play to his strengths and do not expect him to track back and waste energy....so a very good midfield wing back in front of a right back would help in that direction (i.e no Aurier no Docherty)

This EC cup we are in, its Europe simple as that, more tv viewing for me to see how the new coach is doing, plus it is a Trophy to win, end of.

Some are embarrassed to be in it, lots of us aint, some say if we win it we will be mocked, haha, that's only a continuation of the last 2 or 3 seasons, so what? let them mock us I really do not give a shit! esp if we win it.

As has been said first to win the double, why not first to win the EC, does me.

Why do I get the feeling Bale is going elsewhere?

Him saying he is staying here wouldn't cause chaos.

Won't be surprised if he goes to United or Chelsea.

If he said he was staying, he'd have caused chaos for his back office team, but what we can't also rule out is RM who desperately want to get out of subsidizing his wages to the tune of £300k per week will also be keen to end this nonsense before the next season starts; that will mean coming to a pay off deal with Bale and it's not just his wages, I am told almost £12 million in loyalty bonus's may also be at stake - so yes, if he says anything about his plans now, chaos could easily ensue.

My bet is he's up for staying, especially as he could be the main man next season - in terms of branding.

If he said he was staying, he'd have caused chaos for his back office team, but what we can't also rule out is RM who desperately want to get out of subsidizing his wages to the tune of £300k per week will also be keen to end this nonsense before the next season starts; that will mean coming to a pay off deal with Bale and it's not just his wages, I am told almost £12 million in loyalty bonus's may also be at stake - so yes, if he says anything about his plans now, chaos could easily ensue.

My bet is he's up for staying, especially as he could be the main man next season - in terms of branding.

I think it would be a bad scenario (for us) if Bale settled with RM and then wanted to come to us on a multi-year deal. I'd prefer another 1-year loan.

Have a feeling Bale's motivation levels will be driven by Wales world cup qualifying campaign after the Euro's.

Agree there EX, was thinking the same....the main man, and why not?
He will always score goals, thus build around him, any of our opponents will always be afraid/wary of him.
I am all for him staying next season, adding him as a very exp' head, that will do me.

Agree there EX, was thinking the same....the main man, and why not?
He will always score goals, thus build around him, any of our opponents will always be afraid/wary of him.
I am all for him staying next season, adding him as a very exp' head, that will do me.

We really couldn't build a team around him as his body is done for, but he could be an incredible impact player that gets everyone going - but he would be the big name, as he'd have no competition lol!

This Bale talk just reeks of old Spurs. Cling on to what you have by the fingernails. Worry about the possibilities of him succeeding elsewhere.

Lets face it, with a huge dollop of JM missmanagement included, Bale hasnt managed to do anything other than score a few goals. I dont remember him doing anything in the big games to really carry us. He isnt a leader. In fact his happy go lucky attitude is the exact opposite of anything you want in the dressing room when building a new team.

He is class. Anyone can see that from Sundays game. But he is getting himself ready for retirement. He isnt going to short change himself and he will want more money than anything we can afford or need to afford. We are looking down the barrell of losing Kane who is the focal point of our team, to the detriment of team play (Kane scores but what else does he do). Do we really want to replace him with another?

Anyhow, thanks for a couple of nice memories Bale. If you can somehow negotiate the same package as we have now then im sure you could be accomodated but anything else, enjoy your early retirement.

This Bale talk just reeks of old Spurs. Cling on to what you have by the fingernails. Worry about the possibilities of him succeeding elsewhere.

Lets face it, with a huge dollop of JM missmanagement included, Bale hasnt managed to do anything other than score a few goals. I dont remember him doing anything in the big games to really carry us. He isnt a leader. In fact his happy go lucky attitude is the exact opposite of anything you want in the dressing room when building a new team.

He is class. Anyone can see that from Sundays game. But he is getting himself ready for retirement. He isnt going to short change himself and he will want more money than anything we can afford or need to afford. We are looking down the barrell of losing Kane who is the focal point of our team, to the detriment of team play (Kane scores but what else does he do). Do we really want to replace him with another?

Anyhow, thanks for a couple of nice memories Bale. If you can somehow negotiate the same package as we have now then im sure you could be accomodated but anything else, enjoy your early retirement.
I thought the same. I think he's winding down and I'd have thought MLS would've been a perfect destination for him, golf included!

I wasn't keen on keeping him but I think we will need him desperately.

Have fun. Used to spend a bunch of time in Research Triangle Park in RDU, NC. A beautiful place. My eyes will be glued to South Carolina though this weekend. My money is on Koepka.

I'll probably miss the game as well. Last game for my local Helenic League team at 2pm and then into the clubhouse. They might have our game on, but I doubt it.
Well, I didn't see ol "Lefty" pulling that one out...and at 50...good for him!

Why do I get the feeling Bale is going elsewhere?

Him saying he is staying here wouldn't cause chaos.

Won't be surprised if he goes to United or Chelsea.

He has already said he is going back to Madrid. He said it when asked a few weeks ago, partly to bat the question away. I think that was the initial agreement...he comes for one season unless otherwise changed.
At that time a few weeks ago nothing had changed.
Unless a meeting has taken place with Levy since then it seems the initial agreement still stands.

Just read that the reason that Lo Celso, Sissoko, NDombele and Aurier were missing was due to knocks and illness. Do we believe that or is that just the cover story?
It seems very coincidental to me that the trio of Sissoko, NDombele and Aurier have all managed to pick something up at the same time following the 3 of them featuring very little under Mason.

Just read that the reason that Lo Celso, Sissoko, NDombele and Aurier were missing was due to knocks and illness. Do we believe that or is that just the cover story?
It seems very coincidental to me that the trio of Sissoko, NDombele and Aurier have all managed to pick something up at the same time following the 3 of them featuring very little under Mason.

Hopefully, Sissoko just picked up his bags.

Well N'Dombele now has a problem, it was ZZ that wanted him and now he's gone, will RM still try and get him? I have my doubts.

It would be wonderful to think that Aurier is back to PSG and Sissoko is for somewhere else, I care not where, but I have a feeling he's going to hang on..

Well N'Dombele now has a problem, it was ZZ that wanted him and now he's gone, will RM still try and get him? I have my doubts.

It would be wonderful to think that Aurier is back to PSG and Sissoko is for somewhere else, I care not where, but I have a feeling he's going to hang on..
Ex you are such a bringer of good tidings, not!