20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 12 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sick of seeing our club waste time and effort on competitions that stretch the fitness of the team for very little reward.

If the League Cup meant anything they would have given the winning position a Europa League spot, like the FA Cup. They didnt.

I'm sick of the "Spurs should take what they can get" attitude. We should be aiming bigger.
This.👏👏👏

Bittersweet outcome to what has been that sort of season. Qualifying Chelsea for the CL which they couldn't do for themselves, whilst qualifying ourselves for a third tier European competition, which we could probably be better off without, made this the least satisfying win I can remember.
Huge mistake by Rodgers to take off Maddison and try to hold on to what he'd got, credit to Kane, Son and Bale for making him pay for it. What a difference a week makes Brendan, Still hope that Leicester not making CL will encourage him to join us next season.
Whoever joins us as manager must insist that we retain Gareth Bale next season. His conversion rate is extraordinary.

We've been the masters of our own demise. We need to wake the **** up from this malaise.

What amazes me is that this has been an awful season for us in terms of the lack of quality and aggression and desire in our play with a totally disillusioned team and yet we were = 5th top scorers (note due to Kane) 6th best defense and 4th best goal difference.....go figure how our pile of shite did even that ...???????????

What amazes me is that this has been an awful season for us in terms of the lack of quality and aggression and desire in our play with a totally disillusioned team and yet we were = 5th top scorers (note due to Kane) 6th best defense and 4th best goal difference.....go figure how our pile of shite did even that ...???????????
Doesn't say much for the rest does it.

Yo Walt....I was on 202 points going into the last game....got a point for Kane but ended up on 197? Confused.com

PS: All said & done you are doing a great 👍job
I thought you were getting a bit close to me in the table Total so I docked you points . !!!!

No , sorry mate , I can’t explain that one . It’s not like I’ve given you anyone else’s points .
I will make it right . Sorry buddy .
thanks for your thoughts .

It made me laugh , in the Sunday papers , how desperate Arteta was to finish above us . It was all his season came down to .
That is sad .
At least we were in the mix for a while , until the Leeds and Villa games .
They didn’t even get out of the packet .

It is a statement of our progress, that we have not endured a St.Totterham's day for some years now, or as some prefer it a statement of le arses decline.

This game was enjoyable but tinged with sadness at a waste of a season; for that my anger is directed towards Levy and that egotistical twat., I'm still angry at Levy for employing him and the twat for making everything about him, despite failing miserably.

Even this morning as I drove back from Sussex, I hear Glen (who I know well and who I've had this argument with) talk about Jose as if he was a god, not a useless shyster.

Oh well, we have to move forward now and look forward to another new chapter.

Unlike others, I'm pleased to be in a European competition and unlike others I do want to take it deadly seriously, winning is a habit and we have to start somewhere., and frankly, I'm not that snotty about our chances that I think this is beneath us - it isn't, it could well be a springboard as we look to start a new winning era without Kane. And this is the last time I'll say this, I wish him well at ManCity, he deserves the chance to fill his pockets with silverware and I hope he starts his new era doing exactly that at this years Euro's.

Firstly, to see a match day squad named without Aurier, Ndombele, Sissoko and Gio was telling. Great news for Nile John, forging ahead of Bowden, Devine etc to get his place on the bench.

Then being completely frustrated at Kane and Son crossing the white line and insulting the fans again but then seeing the hard working Dele and Bergwijn getting the hook. Just showed how our football club is run and why Mason isn't the right man for now.

So glad we won for one massive reason. Turns out that Roy of the Rovers is an utter cheat. Not only letting his country down by making himself unavailable, he's now throwing himself theatrically to the ground and conning refs. Jamie Vardy, hang your head in shame Anthony Taylor, you too.

As for the ECL, I'm also glad we're in it. It might only be £4m prize money, but that is slightly more than the FA Cup. Nobody questions that. The important thing is we have all those money spinning home games with our stadium open. I might even treat myself to go and watch the new Spurs.

It's now Levy time......we're all waiting with bated breath.

We only won this game because they pushed forward to try to win once we had got the luk\cky second equalizer goal, ...that is what they had to do....win...so gaping holes allowed Bale to get a couple. Unusual error by Schmiechel to give us the equalizer. Before that we were as usual utter garbage. We could not tackle, we could not pass or retain the ball and we took 5-6 sidey backwards passes to get over the half way line. Nothing at all in that performance to crow about apart from Bale showing Kane that he knows what he is doing and did not do what Son does and pass to him when he is in fact in a better position. If only Bale had been used for what he is good at we might just have won a few we lost and got top 4, not that our style of football deserved anything other than what we ended up with ....ah well....glad that is all over and we can look forward to ??????

Bale has 11 Premier League goals in around 900 minutes (20 starts, 10 as sub). That's a pretty phenomenal record given the sporadic nature of his season and notwithstanding his lack of effort - at times - in other areas of the pitch. He has an additional 5 goals in other comps.

If he was willing to stay and we were willing to pay, with a decent pre-season, I think he would be worth bringing back. He took a long time to get close to full fitness but he hasn't had too many injuries since. He has so much quality and there's not too much of that to go round at the club at present.

Last edited:
Bale has 11 Premier League goals in around 900 minutes (20 starts, 10 as sub). That's a pretty phenomenal record given the sporadic nature of his season and notwithstanding his lack of effort - at times - in other areas of the pitch. He has an additional 5 goals in other comps.

If he was willing to stay and we were willing to pay, with a decent pre-season, I think he would be worth bringing back. He took a long time to get close to full fitness but he hasn't had too many injuries since. He has so much quality and there's not too much of that to go round at the club at present.
With Kane almost certainly leaving it is absolutely critical that we sign Bale for at least another season. I don't think that we've got any chance of signing a replacement striker who is likely to score more goals over the course of the season than a fit Bale playing regularly.

Why do I get the feeling Bale is going elsewhere?

Him saying he is staying here wouldn't cause chaos.

Won't be surprised if he goes to United or Chelsea.