20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 11 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's on par with the EFL cup. Nobody will care if we win it. The competition is the biggest joke of all time in football.

I would literally play the 16 years olds and show zero respect for it. Just a money spinner for UEFA.
It does get us into the Europa League though which we failed to qualify for this year. And the competition next season for the two Europa League spots will be fierce.

It's on par with the EFL cup. Nobody will care if we win it. The competition is the biggest joke of all time in football.

I would literally play the 16 years olds and show zero respect for it. Just a money spinner for UEFA.
If it's such a joke of a competition then it will be a walk in the park for us then and we'll easily win it.
I don't mind if nobody else cares about us winning it, but it sets the tone for the entire club when the expectation is to win whatever competition we are in. Being able to do so gets that monkey off of our backs to help develop the mind set needed to win bigger and better competitions.
We fall short any time we are close to achieving something. It's got to be a mentality issue. Actually winning is the only way to bridge that gap .

City as well as Liverpool have won it 4 times in a row. Funny how we win nothing & yet turn our noses up at the one competiton we can actually win.

I'm sick of seeing our club waste time and effort on competitions that stretch the fitness of the team for very little reward.

If the League Cup meant anything they would have given the winning position a Europa League spot, like the FA Cup. They didnt.

I'm sick of the "Spurs should take what they can get" attitude. We should be aiming bigger.

I'm sick of seeing our club waste time and effort on competitions that stretch the fitness of the team for very little reward.

If the League Cup meant anything they would have given the winning position a Europa League spot, like the FA Cup. They didnt.

I'm sick of the "Spurs should take what they can get" attitude. We should be aiming bigger.
We are usually favourites to win the Europa, a competition that Chelsea, Utd et al can win standing on their heads. We always crash out in an embarrassing manner because we can't see anything through to the end. Spursy

People say similar about the League Cup. I'm sure would all have been happy about it if we had won it this year.
Winning breeds winning and it's got to start somewhere.

The League Cup is like winning the CL compared to the Europa Conference. LMFAO

If it's such a joke of a competition then it will be a walk in the park for us then and we'll easily win it.
I don't mind if nobody else cares about us winning it, but it sets the tone for the entire club when the expectation is to win whatever competition we are in. Being able to do so gets that monkey off of our backs to help develop the mind set needed to win bigger and better competitions.
We fall short any time we are close to achieving something. It's got to be a mentality issue. Actually winning is the only way to bridge that gap .

Us winning it won't install any winning mentality because the competition is a pile of dog fuck.

The players don't even care about the Europa League. They won't have any desire to win this piss cup.

Winning trophies that matter install winning mentalities.

Winning the Audi cup was more of an achievement.

C'mon RD, at a rime when the club needs every penny it can muster and our younger generation needs stepping stones to shine, this comp offers a perfect means of achieving it. Even if we don't win it, progressing in it will see the youth gain valuable experience and hopefully cheaper tickets will see a lot of peripheral fans enjoy the experience. Why not, I say!

If our new manager has the right philosophy and long term outlook, as per others, we wouldn't see the senior players until the latter rounds.

Last edited:
Look, I know this has been a very disappointing season for a number of reasons and I sincerely hope that we can solve at least a few of the issues that need to be addressed within the squad and on the field this summer...

...but today I have to admit I let out such a loud "COME ON!!!" when Bale scored, that I scared my 7 year old daughter (who was upstairs) who ran down to check I was OK!! :grinning:

Yes, we have nothing to celebrate as such, but in the context of everything at the time, finishing above the Gooners, having some level of European football and finishing the season with a young, inexperienced, ex-player as manager, has to stand as a small condolence.

I'm so glad we can put this season behind us now, get good money for Kane, Sanchez (if we are lucky), Dier, Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Doherty, Alderwiereld, Davies, Lloris etc... then there is hope (with the right manager) that in another 5 years time, we will be back where we were a few seasons ago!

COYS and Audere est Facere!

C'mon RD, at a rime when the club needs every penny it can muster and our younger generation needs stepping stones shine, this comp offers a perfect means of achieving it. Even if we don't win it, progressing in it will see the youth gain valuable experience and hopefully cheaper tickets will see a lot of peripheral fans enjoy the experience. Why not, I say!

If our new manager has the right philosophy and long term outlook, as per others, we wouldn't see the senior players until the latter rounds.

I'm pretty sure I have read a team that wins the Europa League win around 4ish million.

Teams earn more for a pre season friendly tournament.

I will never back this shower of shite tournament.

The League Cup is like winning the CL compared to the Europa Conference. LMFAO

Us winning it won't install any winning mentality because the competition is a pile of dog fuck.

The players don't even care about the Europa League. They won't have any desire to win this piss cup.

Winning trophies that matter install winning mentalities.

Winning the Audi cup was more of an achievement.

I want to see kids and fringe playing in it to help their experience and development. They will be up for it to push for first 11 places.
There will be revenue from TV and ticket sales.
We are going to be at the start of a rebuild so it could be ideal for the new manager to test some players.
It's more football for us to watch.
We can win it and qualify for the Europa next season which is going to be tough via the PL especially with a new manager and rebuild.

I cant think of any negatives. How do we know its a shit cup ? , it might be entertaining and open our eyes to another tier of European football against players and managers that may impress.

I want to see kids and fringe playing in it to help their experience and development. They will be up for it to push for first 11 places.
We are going to be at the start of a rebuild so it could be ideal for the new manager to test some players.
We can win it and qualify for the Europa next season which is going to be tough via the PL especially with a new manager and rebuild.

I cant think of any negatives. How do we know its a shit cup ? , it might be entertaining and open our eyes to another tier of European football against players and managers that may impress.

Like I said, there isn't much chance of us treating this comp as a way to give fringe/youth players a game. The next manager will want to win it. This will then stretch the first team fitness and hurt our chances of doing better in the PL. We are going to be going further distances to play on poor quality pitches that could cause more injury.

I am not against winning a trophy, but this competition is just a UEFA money-grab and I will be about as proud of winning this as I was winning a pre-season trophy.

Every player at the club will be dreading playing in it. Most will be begging to leave because of it.

It's 3rd tier of European football. That's how we know how shit it is. Look at the crap we have played in the league stages of the Europa. The quality won't get better will it.

It won't make hardly any money. The Europa barely makes anything.

The only part I agree with is the kids may get a chance.

Surely a lot of that is on the managers, especially Poch, being stubborn and continually using senior players in the earlier rounds. Knowing that we had no back up to Kane he still flogged him!