20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 2 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting team selection and tactics that Ryan is faced with.
Leicester will be at us so at least for the first half I would play with caution and defensively strong. I might just go Son and Kane up top initially and have a strong MF instead.
Probably start Loco and bring on Ndombele later. Hojbjerg, Winks, Loco and Dele in MF.
Ryan doesn't have much option at the back. Tanganga and Davies not available. Risking Sanchez or Rodon would be brave although their pace might be useful.
Do you play Aurier ? Nahh I wouldn't, what are the chances of him having a good game ? About 1 in 5 ? But Doherty ?

So here it is Lads, D-Day. Time to put to bed one of the worst seasons I can remember both on and off the field. Will Harry stay or go?,I really don't care anymore. The only thing I'm excited about is who our next manager is and how he will start the huge rebuild we desperately need. I will almost certainly have a drunken rant on here later as per usual. Have a great summer lads,Stay Safe,look after your Loved ones,be Happy. Its been an absolute pleasure as usual posting on this wonderful forum with you lads,we'll hook up again pre season or when the new manager is announced. As Arnie said "I'll be back", probably sooner than you think. Go n-eiri an bothar leat. C.O.Y.S.

I'm hoping to see a performance today from the players playing as though their lives depended on it.

There's still an outside chance of a Europa place. It's not inconceivable that West Ham could lose at home to Soton. If it happens we have to be ready to take advantage. I don't understand this notion anyway of end-of-season meaningless games. Every professional footballer setting foot on a football pitch should be doing everything he can to win.

There's also the not insignificant matter of finishing above Arsenal. I wonder how many players in the squad even understand the significance to us fans of this rivalry? We need a few John Terry characters in there. I was reading an interview of his yesterday and here's what he said about Spurs:

"“Naturally, I’m always going to hate Tottenham. I’d like to think Tottenham will always hate me. In the dressing room of my last game for Chelsea, I’d say 50 per cent of that speech to the players was about Tottenham and never letting them in my life win anything and knowing the importance of that rivalry between the two clubs. That was passed on to me from Dennis Wise and hopefully César [Azpilicueta] still has those conversations with the players.”

I don't understand this notion anyway of end-of-season meaningless games. Every professional footballer setting foot on a football pitch should be doing everything he can to win.

Gary, if I were a die hard fan that travelled to every home and away game, come what may, even I would've felt majorly let down attending the last home game @ £60 where not only did the players failed to acknowledge my presence, they showed zero respect at the end. Then Harry rubs salt in the wounds and disrespects us further with his media spouting in the following week. Absolutely no chance I'd have made my way to sunny Leicester, seeing them parade a trophy, a TEAM trophy, that some of these prima donas never laid their hands on.

Just can't wait for the 'bigger than club' and the dregs to be exiting the doors and for the arrival of new manager.

Will be watching the game today just to remind myself....surely it can't get any worse!

Gary, if I were a die hard fan that travelled to every home and away game, come what may, even I would've felt majorly let down attending the last home game @ £60 where not only did the players failed to acknowledge my presence, they showed zero respect at the end. Then Harry rubs salt in the wounds and disrespects us further with his media spouting in the following week. Absolutely no chance I'd have made my way to sunny Leicester, seeing them parade a trophy, a TEAM trophy, that some of these prima donas never laid their hands on.

Just can't wait for the 'bigger than club' and the dregs to be exiting the doors and for the arrival of new manager.

Will be watching the game today just to remind myself....surely it can't get any worse!

ps., My prediction of 3-0 Leicester says more than the rant above!

No Aurier, Sissoko, or NDombele in the squad. oh to be a fly on the wall in training this week...

Clearly mason will never manage anyone....can't believe the team, tho perhaps he wants to ensure we don't finish a I've arsenal.....

at least winks will provide the flair and incisive thru balls to set the attack moving......oh,hang on......no he wont! Cos he never fecking does!that

as far as I am concerned mason is culpable along with the players of our shite performance in the carabo final and ensuring we don't go ish at least 6th....

utter bollox of a team!

I would have started Vini over Kane ; Lucas over Son; Lamela/Bale over Dele ; Rodon over Toby ;

I mean shit....give the guys who want to be here the honor of playing in the last game.

I'm not unhappy with that team, Sanchez probably picked for his pace. Bergwijn did well last game. Bale can't play the full game so probably best to come on second half. I certainly would not have dropped Kane or Son even though I'm pissed off with them. Dele has been improving. I dont see it as jobs for his mates.