2 weeks before I panic, we need a striker | Vital Football

2 weeks before I panic, we need a striker

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
I really hope this week will be used to get this mystery striker. I like Hanlon but I see him as a secondary forward not the main man if you like.

We also desperately need a couple of left footers to give the team balance

Agree, and not a promising youngster from a higher leage club.

We need a tough , hardy , proven lower league striker, with a track record, who can hit the ground running.

I felt sorry for mandron last night although he wont get us 20 goals I think his hold up play is 1st class and was unlucky not to start at night. I was surprised list never got brought on for his pace and although we lost we created enough chances 1st half to of won easily., but we desperately need some one who can finish a proper forward to work with either mandron or Hanlon.

I agree re List, I think he should have come on 2nd half when we were playing on the counter, I could have seen him taking one of the chances Hanlan missed as there was so much space in behind their defence.

I know some don't like List but last season his strike rate (goals per minutes played) was better than Hanlon's.

If as reported, Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaves isn't doing so well at Hull, maybe we can get him back here on loan? Not sure if that will affect the sell on fee though.

If as reported, Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaves isn't doing so well at Hull, maybe we can get him back here on loan? Not sure if that will affect the sell on fee though.

Where’s it been reported he’s not doing well?

I’ve read a few forums and a million tweets all saying he’s had a great start at Hull. Sounds like a fan favorite already after 1 and a half games.

Edit - although reading the last bit, I may have been whooshed....

If no striker forthcoming what playing Ehmer up front - he has more eye for a goal than some!

Kettners claims to be "in the know" but so far he seems to know fxxk all. None of his tip offs seemed to have materialised!!
To be fair he did hint at all be be revealed ref the talk about Garmston last week and he has been left out the matchstick squads on Saturday and last night

I felt sorry for mandron last night although he wont get us 20 goals I think his hold up play is 1st class and was unlucky not to start at night. I was surprised list never got brought on for his pace and although we lost we created enough chances 1st half to of won easily., but we desperately need some one who can finish a proper forward to work with either mandron or Hanlon.
What's the point; we need another Tom E

Danny Hylton would be decent in my opinion, although I think Evens loaned him out when at Rotherham? Might have wrong player.