2 shots, 2 goals | Vital Football

2 shots, 2 goals

BladesMad

Alert Team
Staff member
We're gong to hit a few bumps along the way, and today was just one of those days. As the stats show, City had just 2 shots on target. Okay we had 3, and probably should have scored two with Luindstram's volley which was expertly saved by Kasper.
BladesvLeicesterStats.JPG

our front two today were way short, when it got changed we looked like we were gonna score which we did. even though we lost we gave em a good game and should have got sommat out of it. basham will get caught out again in this division which hes got to learn not to and quick.

I'm happy enough
There are teams that we will struggle against, it could be any team on any given day. The teams in this League can be a league above a newly promoted side.

As long as we come off the pitch knowing that we gave it everything and caused some problems that's as good as it can get for us at this stage.

I'm happy knowing that if we give it everything in every game we'll get our points against those that are off form, out of sorts, or just plainly don't give a toss

Yep me too came away feeling the only difference was 2 great finishes we matched a team who I expect to be up there in the top 8 thought we was worth a point but this is an unforgiving division and you don’t always get what you deserve (look at Man Utd today) I think we will get better as we adjust to the new surroundings only concern is goals we look a bit short up top I think mcburnie has to start we looked so much better when he came on not convinced on Robinson yet but it’s still early days

I thought they would be better
Vardy was hardly in the the game, but, strikers only need one chance
Every tackle,they went down way too easily
One or two misplaced passes, and a lack of concentration at times
We deserved more out the game
UTB

Last edited:
We were very sloppy in the first half, but they never looked like scoring until Bash's mistake, at which point they were ruthless. We made positive changes in the second half and deservedly got back into the game. I thought that we could go on and win the game from there (although I would have taken a draw) but another great finish won the game for them. It should have been a goal kick and not a corner though, and the number 4 took a ride on Egan just before the volley, so we got no luck at all with that one. Overall, I thought Leicester weren't that good (compared to the Chelsea performance) and a draw would have been a fair result. Hamza Choudhury was excellent in midfield for them and Baldock was probably our best player.

yeah ya dont feel any dred or worry after that game. wilder wasnt happy at all in his interview,saying the effort from the lads was a given in any of teams ,but he was pissed of by the performance ,so if he believes we could and should have done a lot better it only bodes well for the future . front two as to be a whole lot better for me ,burnie will start surely who with though,id deffo give sharp a run he looked very hungry yesterday.

yeah ya dont feel any dred or worry after that game. wilder wasnt happy at all in his interview,saying the effort from the lads was a given in any of teams ,but he was pissed of by the performance ,so if he believes we could and should have done a lot better it only bodes well for the future . front two as to be a whole lot better for me ,burnie will start surely who with though,id deffo give sharp a run he looked very hungry yesterday.

I agree that McBurnie should start next Saturday, but it would be a brave decision to pick two out and out strikers away at Chelsea. I recon Sharp will be on the bench again.

Yep me too came away feeling the only difference was 2 great finishes we matched a team who I expect to be up there in the top 8 thought we was worth a point but this is an unforgiving division and you don’t always get what you deserve (look at Man Utd today) I think we will get better as we adjust to the new surroundings only concern is goals we look a bit short up top I think mcburnie has to start we looked so much better when he came on not convinced on Robinson yet but it’s still early days
Havin watched the goals again,mi youngest said that when the Leicester lad who headed the ball back before BARNES magnificent half vollied winner had both his hands on EGAN's shoulders and he did but sometimes you just have to say WOW wor a finish that was.I thought we gave the ball away sloppily in't first half.I agree Bully i thought a draw wudda been a fair result but hey ho we move on.UTMPB