2 New Signings Next Week | Page 2 | Vital Football

2 New Signings Next Week

I had seen on twitter last week that we are linked with Daniel J. I don't know much about the lad at Oxford but we need to stop buying into this market now and look at better players.

I doubt we would sign Daniel Johnson as well as Oliver Norwood, given the limits on loan players in the squad and a need to improve other positions. I don't think the rumour is from a good source anyway.

Marvin Johnson is at Middlesbrough, although he is ex-Oxford. He'd be a good option for us at LWB if he is available.

It would be great to sign Assombalonga but I cannot see United affording him let alone Boro allowing him to leave.

Boro are after Besic and Bolasie on loan. Those two aren't direct replacements, but Pulis likes to play a big man up front (Hugil) and quick players off him, so Assombalonga may find himself available. Whether we could sign him is another matter, but it wouldn't surprise me if we have asked the question.

According to gidds it's looking like Marvin Johnson is the other one coming in later in the week

I doubt we would sign Daniel Johnson as well as Oliver Norwood, given the limits on loan players in the squad and a need to improve other positions. I don't think the rumour is from a good source anyway.

Marvin Johnson is at Middlesbrough, although he is ex-Oxford. He'd be a good option for us at LWB if he is available.
Not too sure of his defensive abilities.

*Edit that’s a disappointment, I felt sure this site would open Twitter links like S24

Not too sure of his defensive abilities.

I'm more interested in having someone who can beat a man and put some decent crosses into the box. O'Connell and Fleck can get stuck in on that side if required and players with pace can always recover their positions better if they are caught up field.

Norwood's a deeper midfielder who can do a bit of everything, including scoring goals. Most comparable with Coutts. Passes it well but also good defensively.

Marvin Johnson would be a good LWB for us.

Fuck knows who the striker is. Gallagher I hope. Maybe Solanke could be possible. Or Wickham.

Forget about players who are wanted by their clubs, like Freeman. They generally won't be allowed to leave on loan to buy deals.
Names I've heard are Assombalonga - would love to see him in a United shirt but cant see; 1. Boro letting him go and, 2. United affording him. I've also heard Austin from Southampton. How true these are I don't know.

I'd like to see Nahki Wells (Burnley) - He is a realistic target and would do well in this Division.

The main strikers being considered are apparently:

Scott Hogan
Sam Gallagher
Tammy Abraham
Nahki Wells
Connor Wickham

Names I've heard are Assombalonga - would love to see him in a United shirt but cant see; 1. Boro letting him go and, 2. United affording him. I've also heard Austin from Southampton. How true these are I don't know.

I'd like to see Nahki Wells (Burnley) - He is a realistic target and would do well in this Division.
Agreed. Wells would be a superb acquisition.

The main strikers being considered are apparently:

Scott Hogan
Sam Gallagher
Tammy Abraham
Nahki Wells
Connor Wickham

The obvious stand out there is Abraham, which is why that one is the least likely. He'll probably end up at the likes of Villa or Stoke if he goes to the Championship, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a decent European side.

Of the rest, Hogan is rapid and decent in the air but has had huge fitness issues for a while now. Wickham likewise hasn't played much recently, although he is decent as well. I like Wells (can't believe he is only 28, seems to have been around forever...) but he is short and we really need another option who can play the Clarke role. I'd have another look at him in January though, if he wouldn't cost a lot. That leaves Gallagher, who ticks all the required boxes and would have the most re-saleability if we sign him on a perm. I'm not sure we could afford the rumoured £7M though!

McGoldrick - - - - - - - - - - Clarke
Sharp
Hogan
Woodburn

See what I mean?

See the problem?

Clarke's the only big man, and he's not the ideal strike partner for any of those to play with. It's not like he's even a proper target man.

McGoldrick - - - - - - - - - - Clarke
Sharp
Hogan
Woodburn

See what I mean?

See the problem?

Clarke's the only big man, and he's not the ideal strike partner for any of those to play with. It's not like he's even a proper target man.

Leon is perhaps our Oliver Giroud, doesn’t seem to bring anything in some games but it kinda works
Hopefully Marvin will be our Mbeppe?

I think it’s going to be a struggle to get Johnson over the line.

Bolasie is saying that he doesn’t want to drop down a division and so I reckon it’ll go to the wire with him while his agent looks out for any Premier League interest. And of course Villa are also in for him and they are closer to his family roots.

I really hope Chris has alternatives because we really need somebody else who can run at and unsettle defences apart from Duffy. That was quite obvious I thought when I saw the squad yesterday. Woodburn will come good I’m sure but I don’t think he’s a Brooks type of player...by the way what a good game seemed to have for the Cherry’s yesterday...from the highlands at least.

I think it’s going to be a struggle to get Johnson over the line.

Bolasie is saying that he doesn’t want to drop down a division and so I reckon it’ll go to the wire with him while his agent looks out for any Premier League interest.

Premier League clubs can't sign him, at least until January, so he might as well go out somewhere to get some first team football, even if it just to raise his profile.

Woodburn will come good I’m sure but I don’t think he’s a Brooks type of player...by the way what a good game seemed to have for the Cherry’s yesterday...from the highlands at least.

Brooks looked like he had a good game yesterday, but he also looked poor last weekend. His ability isn't in doubt, but he definitely needs to improve his consistency. If he does that, then he can become a top player, but if not then he has probably found his level. GLTTL!

Premier League clubs can't sign him, at least until January, so he might as well go out somewhere to get some first team football, even if it just to raise his profile.

Brooks looked like he had a good game yesterday, but he also looked poor last weekend. His ability isn't in doubt, but he definitely needs to improve his consistency. If he does that, then he can become a top player, but if not then he has probably found his level. GLTTL!

I think Brooks will continue to improve by playing games at that level and it looks like he’s going to get them under Howe. I don’t think that he could have gone to a better club really although I’d have loved to see him get a full season as first choice under us.

I’d like to see him put a bit more meat on, just increase his upper strength a bit. He’s 21 year old but he doesn’t seem to have bulked up much since he first came onto the scene.

If only premier league players were born with common sense. I too think this might have passed us by,I hope not but when things drag on like this it usually doesn't bode well