2 Legends Lounge for Tranmere Match | Vital Football

2 Legends Lounge for Tranmere Match

NickH

Vital Squad Member
My 2 season tickets will be available for the Tranmere match as I’ll be away - going for retail at £70 the pair. Bargain?. Would need to be collected from Burton Waters on Saturday...

Sure there's a reasonable explanation, but why are you selling your ST seats at 'retail' (ie, non-ST price)?

Sure there's a reasonable explanation, but why are you selling your ST seats at 'retail' (ie, non-ST price)?

Thats the price £35 per ticket without the meal in the LL. On FB everyone passes on unwanted at face value.

Think someone is missing the point here, I’m not selling my tickets to make a whooping £70, but giving someone the chance to attend the match in good seats in which they wouldn’t ordinarily get the chance, they will be empty otherwise, but if it is thought that I am ticket touting, then you are way off the mark... should I give them free to the most deserving person?

Anyway, my life is too busy to concern myself with all this nonsense - here’s the reply I received from LCFC...

Good Afternoon Nick,

Apologies for the delay in this.

We don’t currently have a buy back option within the Legends Lounge as the tickets are transferable in this area. This means that you are able to pass your Season Ticket on to somebody else for them to attend in your place. The only restriction on this is that the tickets are not for resale, meaning you wouldn’t be reimbursed for the ticket.

Anyone who is attending in your place will do so as a representative of yourself and if in breach of any Season Ticket Terms & Conditions the Season Ticket Holder will be held accountable.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.​

Think someone is missing the point here, I’m not selling my tickets to make a whooping £70, but giving someone the chance to attend the match in good seats in which they wouldn’t ordinarily get the chance, they will be empty otherwise, but if it is thought that I am ticket touting, then you are way off the mark... should I give them free to the most deserving person?

So you're not making any money by selling them at £35 each?

So you're not making any money by selling them at £35 each?

If you divide my 2 x £560 ish ( can’t remember what I paid) by the amount of home games in a season 560 divided by 23 = £24.35 per ticket. Do you think it is wrong to sell my tickets? At least 50% of the home matches I miss due to work commitments - but I bought my tickets so that I can go when I want, and sit in a good seat - to suggest I am touting my tickets out to make a few quid is ridiculous. Would you be happier if I sold them for £24.35 each? - would that make you happy, I very much doubt it... anyway, there hasn’t been any takers, so the seats will be empty, no concern of mine, just thought I’d help someone out for a big match... UTI

If you divide my 2 x £560 ish ( can’t remember what I paid) by the amount of home games in a season 560 divided by 23 = £24.35 per ticket. Do you think it is wrong to sell my tickets? At least 50% of the home matches I miss due to work commitments - but I bought my tickets so that I can go when I want, and sit in a good seat - to suggest I am touting my tickets out to make a few quid is ridiculous. Would you be happier if I sold them for £24.35 each? - would that make you happy, I very much doubt it... anyway, there hasn’t been any takers, so the seats will be empty, no concern of mine, just thought I’d help someone out for a big match... UTI

Your not touting your tickets, you are selling them at face value which is £35 for a LL ticket without food (meal).

Yeah,I know Salford, it’s hard work though with some on here...?

Also considering that LL tickets do not (now) tend to even go on general sale. When I had a guest I had to ring up and ask 3 weeks before a game to get one.

I have no issues Nick, and for what it’s worth I would have gladly paid £35 but due to commitments down here I can’t C’est la vie.

Would you be happier if I sold them for £24.35 each? - would that make you happy, I very much doubt it...

Well, your maths are a little wonky, since you paid £525 for the Season Ticket (according to your post in the Legends Lounge thread last summer: so the actual amount you 'pay' for each game is just over £22.80), but yes, something around that would make me happy.

I have absolutely no problem with you trying to recoup your ticket cost for a match you can't attend. I would do exactly the same. I have a problem with you trying to charge more than you have effectively paid for those tickets, if you are just intending to pocket the +50% mark-up.

I applaud your efforts to check with the club about whether the buy-back scheme applies to the Legends Lounge, and that it doesn't is not your fault, of course. But here's a thought, if you're so keen on sticking to the £35 'face value', why not gift the £12 you're potentially making, to the club or to Vitals? After all, where the buy-back scheme is in operation, ST holders do not receive the 'face value' of the ticket, the club make extra money from it's re-sale.

Also, I wonder if those who've leapt to your defence have no problem with the unlicensed street vendors, selling scarves and flags, that we've seen outside Wembley and Goodison Park? Is that not a variation of the same idea being employed here?

Last edited:
Well, your maths are a little wonky, since you paid £525 for the Season Ticket (according to your post in the Legends Lounge thread last summer: so the actual amount you 'pay' for each game is just over £22.80), but yes, something around that would make me happy.

I have absolutely no problem with you trying to recoup your ticket cost for a match you can't attend. I would do exactly the same. I have a problem with you trying to charge more than you have effectively paid for those tickets, if you are just intending to pocket the +50% mark-up.

I applaud your efforts to check with the club about whether the buy-back scheme applies to the Legends Lounge, and that it doesn't is not your fault, of course. But here's a thought, if you're so keen on sticking to the £35 'face value', why not gift the £12 you're potentially making, to the club or to Vitals? After all, where the buy-back scheme is in operation, ST holders do not receive the 'face value' of the ticket, the club make extra money from it's re-sale.

Also, I wonder if those who've leapt to your defence have no problem with the unlicensed street vendors, selling scarves and flags, that we've seen outside Wembley and Goodison Park? Is that not a variation of the same idea being employed here?

A couple of points on your logical post;

Firstly when i have seen other areas of the ground ST be put up there are at full price c£22.
Secondly. Remember the extras of the LL aka free programme so add to your calcs.