2 down 1 to go | Vital Football

2 down 1 to go

Rexn

Vital Champions League
Huddersfield confirmed it over the weekend, Fulham have confirmed it tonight. We can't finish in the bottom two, at least without a points penalty for something.

With teams playing each other and against the top 6, anything can happen but so hard to predict who will take the last spot. Cardiff must be favourites but Chris Hughton's Brighton still look precaroius, as do Alistair Campbell's Burnley.

In other news, of all people, it was a ManU player that Mike Dean gave his 100th red card to. Well, Bournemouth and Lerma would hardly have been as memorable as former England player, Ashley Young.

Oddschecker suggest it's all but over with the best price for Cardiff to be relegated is1/6 or 1/7. Teams in positions 7 - 17 now vying for positions to glean as much money from the TV rights as possible. There's more than just Ashley's grubby hands wanting to grease their palms.

You have to fear for Cardiff as aside from them facing Man City and Man Utd away plus Liverpool, five of their last seven games are away from home.

They face relegation rivals Burnley and Brighton away as well not to mention a banana skin in a worry free trip to Fulham (for Fulham) and a home game with Crystal Palace.

Not one to count chickens but Cardiff would surely be struggling to overtake us, it would be a hell of an achievement. They are 7 points behind us or 8 if you take GD into account. So they would need to get 8 points more than us in the last 6 games to relegate NUFC.

Our fixtures:
Crystal palace h
Southampton h
Liverpool h
Leicester a
Brighton a
Fulham a

Surely we cold muster a couple of points at least out of that lot? Which would mean Cardiff would need 10 from:

Burnley a
Liverpool h
Crystal palace h
Brighton a
Fulham a
Man Utd a

Not gonna be easy and me I don't expect them to get 8 points out of those fixtures. Looks like the fat bastard has got away with it again.

The way I see it, if we win 2 and Cardiff lose 2, we are safe.

If both teams beat Brighton, Palace and Fulham, we could make the relegation battle interesting.

Cardiff may regret giving the hobgoblin a hard time (not that I blame them as he was woeful) when he was their manager come the last game.