1st crowdfunder | Page 4 | Vital Football

1st crowdfunder

But as assumptions go, (similar to the one I made), it's a fairly reasonable one wouldn't you say?

Can you see a situation where:

- the Admins returned the money to the SC
- the SC decide to go down the route of allocating it (as they have done)
- in parallel, the club is desperately thinking "bloody hell, we could have used some of that money for x, y & z" ?!

It's just not plausible.

"..I have to assume that work to the stadium, match day entertainment and fan engagement will have been discussed. .."

One cannot state "I assume" and expect readers to take it as facts - surely! I do not. Either they did discuss or they did not. So what is it?

Maybe that's just to maintain a tidy site then ............. if it's a question to the SLO, why didn't your mate just post it on the existing thread, rather than start a new one? (And yes, I get that the Admins there could simply have moved the content of the post onto the existing thread)
"Maybe" to you unless you do know how CL work. But per your previous posts re CL you are just making assumptions now.
It is not a question to the SLO but to the users.
It is a new thread.
It was not moved anywhere.

btw what has SLO to do with the SC?

"..I have to assume that work to the stadium, match day entertainment and fan engagement will have been discussed. .."

One cannot state "I assume" and expect readers to take it as facts - surely! I do not. Either they did discuss or they did not. So what is it?
You've completely ignored my point.

We all make assumptions every single day of our lives. We live our lives by making assumptions. It seems to me that this is quite a reasonable one.

No-one's asking you to take it as "a fact" (as no-one's offered it as "a fact"), but merely, a likelihood.

So, wouldn't you agree that the scenario I offered just isn't plausible?

"Maybe" to you unless you do know how CL work. But per your previous posts re CL you are just making assumptions now.
It is not a question to the SLO but to the users.
It is a new thread.
It was not moved anywhere.

btw what has SLO to do with the SC?

:arrghh:

Erm ........wasn't it you who offered Jason's email address to Jock when he was wanting to get in touch with someone.

The only info you gave was that someone had started a new topic........ and it wasn't "published" ........... not that it was directed to CL users, and had been removed.

I made an assumption, and was maybe incorrect in this instance .......but only due to the slightly misleading information offered by your good self.
:innocent:

We all make assumptions every single day of our lives. We live our lives by making assumptions. It seems to me that this is quite a reasonable one.

No-one's asking you to take it as "a fact" (as no-one's offered it as "a fact"), but merely, a likelihood.

I can only assume that you are just assuming that we make assumptions every day of our lives, but then again, you have stated a fact that you are assuming we assume things, so it is not a assumption and is indeed fact, I think.

I have not completely ignored your point.
Taking it down to basics - if I were to put a question to you :
Me: "Did the SC talked to the new owners about investing into the club projects?"
SLO (not SC) : "I assume they did".
You: Your question has been answered.
Me: No it has not been. My question elicit a Yes or No answer. I did not ask for your thoughts/assumptions.

I think we should leave it there.

I have not completely ignored your point.
Taking it down to basics - if I were to put a question to you :
Me: "Did the SC talked to the new owners about investing into the club projects?"
SLO (not SC) : "I assume they did".
You: Your question has been answered.
Me: No it has not been. My question elicit a Yes or No answer. I did not ask for your thoughts/assumptions.

I think we should leave it there.

I'm fine leaving it wherever you like ....... but you still didn't answer my point re my little summary being completely implausible. I'll take it that you agree though.

Also, you seem not to want to acknowledge that when Jock was trying to contact the SC, it was you who gave him Jason's email ............quite reasonably I thought, as (whether or not he's formally part of the SC committee) he does the comms on the SC website, and would therefore (presumably) have something of a grasp as to what's happened.

Finally, you're on a forum mate, ........... 99% of what you read is thoughts and assumptions.

Hope this bloody project fear, suspicion and corruption thread dies soon.
We have a club, get over it.
We knew what we were doing when we donated the money, we did not expect it back.
The aim of the fund was to enable the club to fulfill its fixtures, objectives achieved.

Hope this bloody project fear, suspicion and corruption thread dies soon.
We have a club, get over it.
We knew what we were doing when we donated the money, we did not expect it back.
The aim of the fund was to enable the club to fulfill its fixtures, objectives achieved.
It would die immediately if those that are creating the discord - the SC would come clean and be transparent. There is no good reason not to do so and the longer they don't the worse it looks.

Absolutely Hampton, one we'll thought out, to the point, open & honest press release would kill this stone dead....
Summat like ..............

- When we raised the money, we gave little initial thought to how it would be spent ..... just that we knew there was a need.
- We were advised that we might want to beware of the Admins spending it on what they deemed to be priorities, as opposed to what we thought were.
- We were also advised that in order to allow any residual funds (or indeed the whole amount) to be returned, providing it as a "soft loan" would be the best option.
- When the funds were returned, we established through talks with the new CEO that the club had no need for the money, and they wished for us to use it to best effect on projects with a wider perspective than the club, but still in support of it's reach-out activities.
- All the options put forward supported WAFC led initiatives
- The one most voted for directly helps less fortunate/able Tics fans to keep in touch with the club they love, and to attend games.
- We're very sorry that all this seems to have been blown up out of all proportion.
- I have to go now, as I've some marking to do.

Discord no more.

- When we raised the money, we gave little initial thought to how it would be spent ..... just that we knew there was a need.
- We were advised that we might want to beware of the Admins spending it on what they deemed to be priorities, as opposed to what we thought were.
- We were also advised that in order to allow any residual funds (or indeed the whole amount) to be returned, providing it as a "soft loan" would be the best option.
- When the funds were returned, we established through talks with the new CEO that the club had no need for the money, and they wished for us to use it to best effect on projects with a wider perspective than the club, but still in support of it's reach-out activities.
- The one most voted for directly helps less fortunate/able Tics fans to keep in touch with the club they love, and to attend games.
- We're very sorry that all this seems to have been blown up out of all proportion.

Discord no more.

..........Additionally, we only received 10 votes in the poll and all these were from committee members, but we decide that that was enough and if we only gave percentages of vote people wouldn't cotton on.

Discord no more.

Exactly, it’s not difficult is it. However it doesn’t answer all the questions such as the raw data and what other options were put forward. That information is very easy to provide - so if it isn’t forthcoming….

I genuinely believe that if the SC published the figures that have been requested and show that the vote was open and honest then people would accept it and all this bad feeling towards them would be gone.

I answered the survey and didn't select any of their options and provided my own via other. Wouldn't it be a strange thing if "Other" actually had more votes than the options they provided!

I answered the survey and didn't select any of their options and provided my own via other. Wouldn't it be a strange thing if "Other" actually had more votes than the options they provided!

When I read the original results of the survey I thought it stated a few hundred votes had been received.
Just been back to check on the supporters club website and the article is not there now!

When I read the original results of the survey I thought it stated a few hundred votes had been received.
Just been back to check on the supporters club website and the article is not there now!
Its still there:
"Wigan Athletic Supporters Club would like to thank all fans and friends of Wigan Athletic who took the time to complete our consultation survey regarding the use of the monies raised in the first “Save Wigan Athletic” Crowdfunder 2020. Hundreds of responses were received, and we are pleased to announce the three ‘Supporters Projects’ that received the most of your votes:"

Out of curiosity did anyone on here vote for any of the options they put forward?

Or did everyone put a comment saying something else?

Out of curiosity did anyone on here vote for any of the options they put forward?

Or did everyone put a comment saying something else?

TBF KDZ I forgot to vote as I thot I had more time...doooh, however I was only made aware of options when it was posted on here so don't know how long vote had been live..