18/19 Pre-Season & CL Qualifiers | Page 9 | Vital Football

18/19 Pre-Season & CL Qualifiers

Ah Tic, tried to add you to a Facebook Messenger group. Me and Welch have been discussing the match there. Haha. I'm guessing you don't have messenger?

This is more the sort of performance we want to see more often!

Good break from their throw-in. Great to see so many of our players getting forward so quickly in support! Shame Johnston couldn't find the finish!

Hayes to come on, likely to be Johnston or Sinclair coming off.

Ah Tic, tried to add you to a Facebook Messenger group. Me and Welch have been discussing the match there. Haha. I'm guessing you don't have messenger?

This is more the sort of performance we want to see more often!

Ah, sorry wee_od. If I'd known I'd have gone on to facebook. I rarely do these days but if there's now a reason...

On the game, dominant throughout but that first half was the usual dire shite. Our play is all wrong. For all our dominance we just don't hurt teams or punish them enough.

No worries Tic! Well the group chat is now up so can start chatting about things in there too. I think Welch has maybe had enough of the forum based on his reply about the changes that may be coming. Looks like there is some new forum being set up as well. I've been meaning to check it out, Celtic Noise or something it's called?

Pretty much agree with you. I think they tired and gave up in the second half and we started to find the gaps and spaces to hurt them. Still a pretty good performance overall and a much needed confidence boost! Especially ahead of the weekend game.

Big positive was for Sinclair to play as well as he did and Mikey Johnston seemed to be more than capable at this level.

It looks like Boyata and Dembele will be staying but I can't imagine either will be here beyond January, at least we have until then to sort out replacements though! Should already know who we want!
Benkovic could be coming in to bolster the defence, but if Boyata stays who misses out? Go a back 3 and Lustig sits out? Or do you play Boyata and Benkovic and leave Ajer out of the back 4? Ajer has been brilliant for us and is still learning! We don't want to mess that up by bringing in Benkovic to play ahead of him especially as he'll only be in on loan.
Mulumbu to bolster our midfield? Not sure that's really necessary but we'll see. I'd rather someone more attacking!

Ha, hadn't noticed any of the other stuff.

Never mind the quality - feel the width...

We always fuck up from a position of strength. A criminal window.

I'll try and remember the facebook group for the next game. Well the game after the next game as I don't watch any game involving sevco.

We've missed out on some cracking players (in my opinion) because we've not moved for them. Some have only moved in the past week so it wasn't even like they got snapped up quickly.

FC Midtjylland got knocked out of Europe last night, that's the club Sviatchenko went back to play for in Denmark. They've got a young midfielder/attacker who is apparently a big Wayne Rooney fan. To an extent you can see how he has modelled his game on Rooney. He's bigger than Rooney as he's about 6ft and isn't as bulky but he's still strong but it's more about his pace and ability on the ball. He can play off the wing or he can play more of a central midfield position. He's expected to be one of the next big names to come out of Denmark......WHY are we not going to try and snap him up. He should be plenty affordable and would have added to our midfield! Mulumbu, with all due respect is just.....well I don't even know what he is. What is he going to bring to the team except maybe a bit of experience?
The same goes for in defence, a position we needed to strengthen and yet the only concrete player we know to have been interested in is Harold Moukoudi who looks like he will join Aston Villa.

Apparently Filip Benkovic was at the stadium last night to take in the game against Suduva and it's expected that now that we have guaranteed European football until Christmas, Leicester will allow him to join us on loan. With Boyata seemingly now set to stay, I'm not sure this is such a wise move. Boyata is clearly Rodgers' first choice CB and Benkovic could end up pushing out Ajer from the team which is not what any of the fans really want to see as he's doing really well and learning! If we need reinforcements I'd much rather we signed someone permanently who has done well at club level but is ready to kick-on to the next level of their game. Like Nelson Monte or Victor Nelsson. Wouldn't cost the earth and can provide good back-up but also have the potential to go on and become a really good player.

Striker is FAR more difficult! There aren't many like Dembele out there who aren't going to cost a shed load of money. There are plenty of good attackers though, attacking midfielders and wingers galore but out and out strikers with the same sort of abilities as Dembele are hard to find!

Latest Celtic News