18/19 Pre-Season & CL Qualifiers | Page 2 | Vital Football

18/19 Pre-Season & CL Qualifiers

The ball fairly zips along this pitch! It's really quick! There's also a LOT of space!

Tierney made a great run down the wing and drove past 2 players and put in a great cross into the box but Dembele just couldn't quite get on the end of it.

Hendry takes a sore one after a high boot to the face and the first booking of the match goes the way of Alashkert.

A couple of chances for Alashkert, good save from Gordon for the first and the second one goes wide. Just a reminder we need to be careful!
Unfortunately the TV camera angles are pretty horrific and so it's not always easy to see what's happening in the game.

Alashkert are getting away with some pretty dodgy looking throw-ins. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought you weren't allowed to throw the ball down into the ground but that's exactly what they're doing.

Good chance for Celtic! Lovely reverse pass from Ntcham as it seemed he was going for a curling shot and picks out Dembele alone in the box, he has time to try and curl it but the keeper saves and eventually out for a corner.

Jus tchecked in. I'm down in St. Thomas and St. John for vaca, but ditched the beach to watch the game. Looks like we're having the better of it so far.

GOAL!!! Just before HT!

The ball bounces around a bit after good play from Simunovic, Forrest tries the volley but sends it badly wide....fortunately it drops into the path of Edouard who fires it into the back of the net!
Alashkert protest as some of them seem to stop for some sort of foul but the ref is having none of it and even books one of them!

Good first half so far. We're doing what we do despite a goatpath pitch and some extreme heat. I say we pour it on and try to add a couple more then start subbing anyone who looks gassed at 70 minutes.

What was Jack Hendry doing there? That very nearly cost us a goal! Too busy looking at the player rather than where the ball was going!

We've sat back in this second half. It's not surprising really, we're not up to fitness, it's incredibly hot and draining for the players and it means we can let them tire themselves out a bit.

Subs - Dembele and Ntcham off; Sinclair and Kouassi on

Alashkert are also now pushing very high up the pitch. Putting 3 or 4, sometimes as many as 5 players high up to push our defence when we're trying to play out from the back.

Final sub and Morgan replaces Edouard. Sinclair playing off the left wing, Morgan off the right and Forrest now up front.

Latest Celtic News