17 Years Ago - Scunthorpe United 0-1 Lincoln City | Vital Football

17 Years Ago - Scunthorpe United 0-1 Lincoln City

I was going to publish a gallery of photographs on the Front Page, but unfortunately, WordPress is down.

I didn't even try to get a ticket, knew I had no chance. Chewed my finger nails up to my wrist bone listening in on R. Lincs and can still recall the pride in Rob Bradley's voice post match at how the relegation no hopers had reached a play off final at the 'National' stadium for the first time.

Apart from being an incredible win and getting one over on Scunny (and Laws), I will always remember the noise of car horns after the game. It was a cacophony as we left glumford park victorious.
What a brilliant night that was.
UTI

Humberside police Robo Cops were a lot more menacing than the Scunny fans that night.What a great game .Brian Laws doing his Graeme Souness Turkey flag thing .The smash and grab was a master class .Nice to see its return with The Big Apple now in charge .Salad days....Halcyon days

I didn't even try to get a ticket, knew I had no chance. Chewed my finger nails up to my wrist bone listening in on R. Lincs and can still recall the pride in Rob Bradley's voice post match at how the relegation no hopers had reached a play off final at the 'National' stadium for the first time.

One of the best night`s ever to be an IMP and how i got a ticket living in Devon fupp knows but I was there with Ketterin imp and afterwards we stayed the night in Lincoln,it was surprisingly quiet.
Peter Gain`s through ball to Yeo top drawer and then the finish in front of us.(emulated later,similar type of goal in the home FA cup tie v Ipswich.)

A Lincoln team full of quality players and Peter Gain also came from my area in NW London,my younger cousins played in the same park football team and knew him well.
Ex Tottenham,I always asked myself wtf was he doing playing at our level of football.
Must ask his brother Pat who works in a builder`s merchant in Kilburn what he is up to at the minute.........quality left foot,he glided over the surface of the pitch and used to take the piss out of the opposition,magic.

Ironically, Scunthorpe went on to be way more successful than us with an extended stay in L1 and forays into the Championship.

Humberside police Robo Cops were a lot more menacing than the Scunny fans that night.What a great game .Brian Laws doing his Graeme Souness Turkey flag thing .The smash and grab was a master class .Nice to see its return with The Big Apple now in charge .Salad days....Halcyon days
Police horses on the pitch at the end of the game!

Ironically, Scunthorpe went on to be way more successful than us with an extended stay in L1 and forays into the Championship.
Unfortunately things are very different for them now, Swann has run them at a huge loss for a while. I see his obsession with building new grounds continues. Their model of buying cheap and selling on for a profit is great but their crowds never grow as backup, not sure what other income they have? You need multiple income streams, which I'm sure we work on all the time.