17/04/17: Gateshead 1-2 Lincoln City | Vital Football

17/04/17: Gateshead 1-2 Lincoln City

Nathan Arnold, you beauty. We were running on empty - perhaps knowing what we do now, none more so than Nathan - but we still won.
Indeed to score that goal with the demons in his head is just plain remarkable.
An unbelievable strike imho and a proper lose it moment, been a few over the last three seasons.

Great stuff, great memories!!!!!!

The one day in my life I drank amidst Lincoln City supporters and sat among Lincoln supporters and cheered as heartily as any Imps fan. I doubt there'll ever be another.
Terrible match with a dream last three minutes or so. Afterwards I think we all knew the title was all but sealed. I think the win at MK Dons had the same feel, though I wasn't there and am still not counting my chickens.

Arnold was probably the only player in that team who could have done that - other than Adam Marriott possibly - and I suppose we were fortunate it was him on the end of it. It went in off the post too, which wasn't apparent at the time. A great feeling.

One of the many times that season that my better half did a face-palm as I disgraced myself watching a game in various pubs around Lincoln.

What a day. Still get goosebumps watching Arnold’s winner. It’s even better with BT commentary as he’s cut off talking about Tranmere closing in on us - ‘.......unless.....’!

I remember that game more for the linesman giving an offside from a throw-in (video on the t'interweb somewhere)...
That's right. The referee was Peter Wright, who is now on the EFL list and refereeing regularly in League One. He let us down again this season by failing to blow for full time after 89 minutes at home to Port Vale.