£14.95 left in the kitty.................... | Vital Football

£14.95 left in the kitty....................

tomytony

Vital Champions League
to watch matches live on Sky/BT on October if they are not part of the scheduled screenings.

Right thing to do, exploitation and what about the price?

Better than not seeing your team?

How else could they have generated a few bob to be able to see your team? It couldn't go on being free until crowds are allowed back could it?

When you consider what a combined subscription charge for Sky Sports, BT Sports and Amazon Prime costs, charging £15 a match on top of that is outrageous. That's only £9 less than the per-match price of a South Stand season ticket. Also, given that the big six's matches are almost always selected for normal TV coverage, it seems like this is a tax for being a proper football fan and not a glory hunter :mad:

But I pay a fortune to Sky and BT TT.
So do I Chips but this is for 'extra' games i.e those not scheduled.

We can still watch Manure, L/pool etc endlessly but the only scheduled match for us is V Man City on the 31st.

So do I Chips but this is for 'extra' games i.e those not scheduled.

We can still watch Manure, L/pool etc endlessly but the only scheduled match for us is V Man City on the 31st.
You mean the extra games they think no one wants to watch TT?

When you consider what a combined subscription charge for Sky Sports, BT Sports and Amazon Prime costs, charging £15 a match on top of that is outrageous. That's only £9 less than the per-match price of a South Stand season ticket. Also, given that the big six's matches are almost always selected for normal TV coverage, it seems like this is a tax for being a proper football fan and not a glory hunter :mad:
Apparently revenue from these PPV games is going to the PL to help support the clubs.Obviously the split is not disclosed but I would be surprised if the clubs will see a lot of it.

I suppose it's not bad for an Arsenal supporter who pays , lowest s/tkt price, £47.00 per game but for the lesser s/tkt costs it does, as you point out, form a much higher proportion of the normal attendance price.

I pay £41.00 per month for S/Sp and BT so, at that price, it's relatively expensive - equivalent of less than 3 games -when I can watch umpteen should I wish.

You mean the extra games they think no one wants to watch TT?
That's the problem with subscription channels though Chips. They show the games that will get them the most revenue from subscriptions worldwide which is understandable whilst we are normally once in a blue moon.

Peronally I only started with BT because they had exclusive rights to the Ashes in Australia 3 yr ago but, as we discussed before, they keep you by offering 'reduced ' subscriptions so I haven't cancelled and now w eare in the PL I do get the odd Blades game (pre covid of course)

Apparently revenue from these PPV games is going to the PL to help support the clubs.Obviously the split is not disclosed but I would be surprised if the clubs will see a lot of it.

I suppose it's not bad for an Arsenal supporter who pays , lowest s/tkt price, £47.00 per game but for the lesser s/tkt costs it does, as you point out, form a much higher proportion of the normal attendance price.

I pay £41.00 per month for S/Sp and BT so, at that price, it's relatively expensive - equivalent of less than 3 games -when I can watch umpteen should I wish.
Someone told me today that Chesterfield are letting a few fans watch their home game v Woking in a room at the ground but the curtains remain closed as they're not allowed to watch the game through the window.:ROFLMAO: I know it's been said plenty of times on here but the world really has gone NUTS.UTMPB

£41 a month yet you moan about the Beeb licence fee TT.UTMPB

I wouldn’t pay 0.95 to watch the boring insipid shyte we have served up so far this season. If I can’t find a stream it will be Radio Sheffield for me.

£41 a month yet you moan about the Beeb licence fee TT.UTMPB

I have a choice though Rod. The BBC is a monopoly unless I decide not to watch live.
I don't mind football presenters being biased but when it's the so called state broadcaster it goes against the ethos they were founded on.

Someone told me today that Chesterfield are letting a few fans watch their home game v Woking in a room at the ground but the curtains remain closed as they're not allowed to watch the game through the window.:ROFLMAO: I know it's been said plenty of times on here but the world really has gone NUTS.UTMPB

Clubs should be allowed to let exec box owners in. Easily managed and revenue for the club.