13 years to limitless energy... | Page 5 | Vital Football

13 years to limitless energy...

Hydrogen’s true colours
Hydrogen is a colourless gas, but there are different manufacturing processes that are described using colours. The most widely talked about colours are:
  • Grey hydrogen: is the result of a greenhouse gas- (GHG-) intensive process called steam methane reforming (produced and used at our Montreal refinery).

• Turquoise hydrogen: is produced from natural gas using a process called pyrolysis. Suncor is advancing technologies to produce turquoise hydrogen, which could be very promising for providing a low-GHG and lower-cost hydrogen product.

• Blue hydrogen: is produced when the CO2 generated in the process is captured and stored underground, making it more than 90 per cent emissions-free.

• Green hydrogen: is manufactured using water as feedstock and electricity —a process called electrolysis—and has no CO2 associated with it, making it virtually emissions-free (if the electricity comes from a clean source).

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/2022-hyundai-nexo-vs-2022-toyota-mirai-hydrogen-fuel-cell-showdown/

2022 Hyundai Nexo vs. 2022 Toyota Mirai: Hydrogen Fuel Cell Showdown!

by Produced by Digital Editors

Published on

April 24, 2022

In the green car world, hydrogen fuel cell cars are a rare option, but they have some notable advantages over EVs and hybrids. This might change in the future, but for now, there are only a handful of hydrogen cars that customers can choose from, and many of them are exclusive to California. In any case, here’s a comparison between two of those hydrogen options, the 2022 Hyundai Nexo and the 2022 Toyota Mirai.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
How fast does a road car need to be. Acceleration times to 60 of 8.5 to 9 seconds is plenty quick enough for safe road users. Under 7 and down to 6 is too fast IMO. It's race track level and the roads are not race tracks.

How fast does a road car need to be. Acceleration times to 60 of 8.5 to 9 seconds is plenty quick enough for safe road users. Under 7 and down to 6 is too fast IMO. It's race track level and the roads are not race tracks.
My son-in-law has a dual motor Tesla and the acceleration is frightening, he tells me 0-60 is around 3.5 seconds, and I believe him, having been taken for a ride when he first bought it a couple of years ago.

That assumes hydrogen tech stands still.

I can see Hydrogen (as I've always said) being used for heavy vehicles and instead of natural gas for homes but beyond that unless they can change the process significantly, I just can't see it being widely adopted.

What is good is that innovation continues to provide potential answers to all these critical energy issues - the World will be a far better place when dependence on the carbon economy is broken.

I can see Hydrogen (as I've always said) being used for heavy vehicles and instead of natural gas for homes but beyond that unless they can change the process significantly, I just can't see it being widely adopted.

What is good is that innovation continues to provide potential answers to all these critical energy issues - the World will be a far better place when dependence on the carbon economy is broken.

The driving force behind hydrogen will be (and is) the oil companies. The Saudi's are leading it, BP and Shell are moving more quickly now, the Asian car companies are all over it. And we know how strong the oil lobby is.

The driving force behind hydrogen will be (and is) the oil companies. The Saudi's are leading it, BP and Shell are moving more quickly now, the Asian car companies are all over it. And we know how strong the oil lobby is.

Well with the profit these wankers are making they better spend a large chunk of it on R & D.

I had the intention of buying a croissant from a BP Wild Bean garage. I didn't want a coffee to go with it.
The price was £ 2.10 for one lightweight croissant. A comparable instore produced alternative from a supermarket is approx 75 p.
Wild Bean are not even high up on the taste test stakes. Coop came top with theirs at £ 1.00 each or £ 1.50 for 2. That's in the quality league.

I challenged the price with the sales assistant and he said well that's M&S for you !! No it's not, it's a BP product , not M&S.

I had the intention of buying a croissant from a BP Wild Bean garage. I didn't want a coffee to go with it.
The price was £ 2.10 for one lightweight croissant. A comparable instore produced alternative from a supermarket is approx 75 p.
Wild Bean are not even high up on the taste test stakes. Coop came top with theirs at £ 1.00 each or £ 1.50 for 2. That's in the quality league.

I challenged the price with the sales assistant and he said well that's M&S for you !! No it's not, it's a BP product , not M&S.
Rip off Britain at it's worst. The price of fuel at motorway service areas and some main A roads really pisses me off, captive market so they lump on a bit extra.

Rip off Britain at it's worst. The price of fuel at motorway service areas and some main A roads really pisses me off, captive market so they lump on a bit extra.

The point has now come where there really needs to be a competition investigation into pump pricing and food pricing on motorways.

Green
Clean Energy, Faster
How Germany’s LNG Terminals Will Morph Into Green Hydrogen Hubs
Germany is building more LNG terminals to make up for the loss of Russian gas. In a few years, some of that infrastructure could be used to handle green fuels that power grids and heat homes.

Anna Shiryaevskaya
May 12, 2022, 1:00 a.m. EDT

The invasion of Ukraine has put the US and Europe on a wartime mission to abandon Russian fossil fuels. This series looks at speeding up zero-carbon alternatives by lowering political and financial barriers. Sign up here to get the next story sent to your inbox.

Germany plans to abandon fossil-fueled power by 2035. But instead of shutting down natural gas infrastructure, it’s speeding up construction of several new terminals that will allow companies to import the planet-warming fuel by ship for decades to come.

The plans are aimed at breaking Europe’s reliance on gas piped in from Russia, of which Germany is the biggest buyer, after its invasion of Ukraine. Because land-based terminals take several years to build, the government has also rented floating facilities that can start receiving liquefied natural gas as soon as this year.

To reconcile the rush to procure gas with the government’s ambitious net-zero plan, Germany wants each of the proposed terminals to eventually handle carbon-free fuels imported from countries such as Australia and the United Arab Emirates. The compromise allows Germany to address the current energy crunch while planning for an emissions-free future. Companies can import LNG for a few years to make up for the loss of Russian gas, then use some of the same infrastructure to handle green fuels that can power grids and heat homes. But the mechanics of making that switch are complicated, and, at this stage, largely theoretical.

The rest is here: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...o-turn-lng-terminals-into-green-hydrogen-hubs