12 point appeal | Page 26 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

Don't want to get people's hopes up too much but I've just read on another forum that according to the Peterborough chairman (via twitter...looking at you Moonay) we've won our appeal with no points deduction, but don't know what credence can be given to this.
:hmmm:
Darragh MacAnthony? Nowt on twitter from him about it.

Saw something from him yesterday saying the whole situation was disgrace that we are effectively being forced to flog Joffy a cut price fee. Nowt about us winning the appeal. Yet.

Sheff Wed have been punished for FFP, we've been punished for going in to administration, totally different.

.....and the difference is that we have gained no advantage from going into administration, Sheffield benefitted from cooking the books and overspending by £35million.

They are getting a deferred penalty which once again benefits them as they can prepare in the close season to start on -12, whereas unless we win our appeal our punishment applies immediately and drops us a division losing us a further £6 million in TV income plus losses on player sales.

Please give us your explanation as to why a big city club is treated differently to a small town club.

Way i see it football will sometime in the next few years be changed so that there will be two leagues
Probably all city clubs and clubs like ourselves your burys rochdale and co will sadly cease to exist

.....and the difference is that we have gained no advantage from going into administration, Sheffield benefitted from cooking the books and overspending by £35million.

They are getting a deferred penalty which once again benefits them as they can prepare in the close season to start on -12, whereas unless we win our appeal our punishment applies immediately and drops us a division losing us a further £6 million in TV income plus losses on player sales.

Please give us your explanation as to why a big city club is treated differently to a small town club.

I think it was the commissions decision to implement it next season as the season should have finished in May. Which is part of our argument too.

I say I think because once again the efl have failed to communicate as to why it is next season. Clearly this is deliberate as they’ll know it’ll raise questions which is why it was released at 7pm on a Friday so they can try and avoid scrutiny until Monday. There is zero transparency and integrity in this organisation, it really is disgraceful. Treating the whole footballing community in this country with utter contempt.

Haven't yet tried to study the EFL rules on appeals, dates and "normal" season, but with regard to SWFC, it's been reported that because yesterday in "normal" play, would have been the start of next season, that is when their points deduction must apply. With us, the way I understand it, is that if we went into admin before last Thursday in March, our penalty comes off this season. Now as it happens, we went into admin, day after Stoke (which would have been 22nd March), so as a club we accepted that even though its not a "normal" season, that rule still applied ie morning after Stoke counts as being 22nd March in EFL eyes. That is fair enough, but I fail to see how a points deduction being confirmed in July has to apply next season as it's not a "normal" season, but a possible one being confirmed in August, applies this season. July/August can't be considered as "well it would have been next season" for one club and not the other.

Haven't yet tried to study the EFL rules on appeals, dates and "normal" season, but with regard to SWFC, it's been reported that because yesterday in "normal" play, would have been the start of next season, that is when their points deduction must apply. With us, the way I understand it, is that if we went into admin before last Thursday in March, our penalty comes off this season. Now as it happens, we went into admin, day after Stoke (which would have been 22nd March), so as a club we accepted that even though its not a "normal" season, that rule still applied ie morning after Stoke counts as being 22nd March in EFL eyes. That is fair enough, but I fail to see how a points deduction being confirmed in July has to apply next season as it's not a "normal" season, but a possible one being confirmed in August, applies this season. July/August can't be considered as "well it would have been next season" for one club and not the other.

Interesting point and I can understand what the EFL mean when they say that the Stoke game should have taken place on 22nd March in the normal time frame. However, there was a very understandable and valid reason why it actually took place on 30th June and that was to do with the financial and organisational disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandamic, which was clearly very not "normal". I'm perplexed how the EFL can argue that "normal" rules apply in terms of when going into administration as normal things haven't happened and there have been very real consequences associated with that.

Interesting point and I can understand what the EFL mean when they say that the Stoke game should have taken place on 22nd March in the normal time frame. However, there was a very understandable and valid reason why it actually took place on 30th June and that was to do with the financial and organisational disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandamic, which was clearly very not "normal". I'm perplexed how the EFL can argue that "normal" rules apply in terms of when going into administration as normal things haven't happened and there have been very real consequences associated with that.

Just thought about this again. How intriguing and coincidental that 'yesterday in "normal" play (31st July), would have been the start of next season' and that just so happened to be the day the independent panel reported back to the EFL with their decision on SWFC. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling a little cynical here.

I'm perplexed how the EFL can argue that "normal" rules apply in terms of when going into administration as normal things haven't happened and there have been very real consequences associated with that.

Great point. They didn't even spend any time consulting with each other about the points penalty. No investigation was carried out. It was announced with immediate effect. Sheffield Wednesday were charged in November last year - their points penalty was announced eight months later. Different offences yes but one involved a full investigation including the appeals process BEFORE the points penalty was applied. This blanket "administration is a default 12 points penalty" bollox argument is only being supported by clubs that suffered the same punishment - "we got 12 points taken off so should you".

Great point. They didn't even spend any time consulting with each other about the points penalty. No investigation was carried out. It was announced with immediate effect. Sheffield Wednesday were charged in November last year - their points penalty was announced eight months later. Different offences yes but one involved a full investigation including the appeals process BEFORE the points penalty was applied. This blanket "administration is a default 12 points penalty" bollox argument is only being supported by clubs that suffered the same punishment - "we got 12 points taken off so should you".

Also when Blackpool ended up being put into recievership last year the EFL said they would need to check the details before confirming if they would apply the 12 points deduction for the insolvency event. They checked the details and decided the 12 points deducation was not mandetory or appropriate given the club had been needlessly put in that situation by the dodgy owner.

To think, three people are probably sat in a zoom call right now deciding the future of our football club.