12 point appeal | Page 15 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

Thanks for that Pies, I must admit that was my thoughts. Au Yeung has already stated that covid is the reason for pulling out so how can we claim now that there are other extenuating circumstances.

I hope the QC is a good as he is made out to be.
With what this lot is costing I think they should be making a case for us being promoted never mind reducing a points penalty. Bloody parasites!

Well I hope so to - is CV looks good.
But it's difficult situation; it's like a three ring circus because normally the owner is the appealant and is involved with the process as with Bolton and Bury. Our owner is on the other side of planet and apparently couldn't care less and the damaged party, (the club) is left trying to save itself.

Personally; I'd just tell the truth that we are victims of a sham business deal that gone tits up. Think back,.... Dr Stanley blamed Brexit for his disaffection. How bleedin stupidly transparent is that - no different than his stooge and 'covid'. Also, who would provide a loan of £24 million to a business with a turnover of £12m and say they want repayment in 12 months and charge 8% interest equating to have to generate £87,000 extra revenue per home game. It's an absolute nonsense from start to finish. How can anyone penalise us?

There's a lot of sense in what you say Pies, unfortunately the EFL don't have any sense.

I must admit when you first raised the issue I was one of those that disputed the facts you provided, I suppose because I couldn't believe they were true, how could they be, no one would sign a deal like that. My thoughts at the time was that this was just a "holding" deal to get the transfer done and that a more favourable deal would be sought with a more compatible interest rate.

How wrong was I.

I can only congratulate you for your persistence in bringing this to the fore and apologise for my doubting you.

I'm in 2 minds about this appeal. If we are only appealing against the points, but the embargo still stands we are likely to be in the same position as Bolton last season but without the points deduction. We could end up with a team full of kids and free transfers except in a much tougher division. The pragmatist in me feels we should let it go and use that money to secure the future of our youth set up.

But I have to admit, that mainly, the illogical football supporter in me wants us to win, despite the costs, simply to stick 2 fingers up to the EFL.

Been doing a bit of digging on my goldfish laptop and people in the know and lawyers etc seem to be saying that for a variety of reasons we have a chance with this appeal. It's in new territory and never been appealed before but we are in with a shout.

There's a lot of sense in what you say Pies, unfortunately the EFL don't have any sense.

I must admit when you first raised the issue I was one of those that disputed the facts you provided, I suppose because I couldn't believe they were true, how could they be, no one would sign a deal like that. My thoughts at the time was that this was just a "holding" deal to get the transfer done and that a more favourable deal would be sought with a more compatible interest rate.

How wrong was I.

I can only congratulate you for your persistence in bringing this to the fore and apologise for my doubting you.

Thanks for your supportive comments TB but no need for apologies. You were not alone; some distinguished persons and organisations were equaly dismissive but... I can understand. My message was not far away from 'the aliens landed in mi backyard'... But I also wrote a 6 page synopsis, warning of the IEC/NLF debacle warts 'n' all, which I sent out to press media etc. I heard Jim Whyte (Talkshite) quote 1st para verbatum! and it's been plaguerised wholesale. A few jounos had the decency to contact me. I was going to post it on here but it would probably crash the site. The QC has a copy.
RE Appeal - to bear in mind and perhaps to provide some hope. The administrator has to act with due care. He will not have initiated the costly appeal process on a whim otherwise his actions will be shown as irresponsible and in fact could land his company with a liability.
Never give up!

I'm in 2 minds about this appeal. If we are only appealing against the points, but the embargo still stands we are likely to be in the same position as Bolton last season but without the points deduction. We could end up with a team full of kids and free transfers except in a much tougher division. The pragmatist in me feels we should let it go and use that money to secure the future of our youth set up.

But I have to admit, that mainly, the illogical football supporter in me wants us to win, despite the costs, simply to stick 2 fingers up to the EFL.

Good points ‘Codden’ the prime thing about staying up though is there is I think a few million quid to be had in TV money (as opposed to a few hundred grand in L1) and that extra money would help fund wages for a better class of free agent/free transfer?
Of course you have to factor in that we’d also be up against a better class of player as well in the Championship.

Yeah let’s stop up anyway ....we’ve been relegated before which was fair enough. because if you are in the bottom 3 at the end of 46 games you damn well deserve to go down (I’m looking at you here Barnsley, you bleating Yorkshire tarts) but not when you’ve finished half way with a single defeat in 15 matches and ten clean sheets in your previous 12/13 ...bollocks to the lot of ‘em

I think if we can win the appeal against the points deduction then surely appealing the follow up punishment of the transfer ban becomes much easier. It will be like if you get banned from driving for getting too many points on your licence if you can prove you didn't deserve the points for some reason you would get your licence back

I think we can can the transfer ban redued like Chelsea did afterwards even if the points don't deck returned to us. But it's just us targetting the main issue first before we look at the next charge.

To be 'sellable' we need to stay in the Championship. Please consider all the relevant financial facts - L1 doesn't 'work' unless that is, you can find a multi millionaire benefacto(s) (not investor).

I expected such a reaction because as we all know, a football fan will throw any other club under a train if it meant their own club remains safely on the platform. However, it has not made me any less angry reading some of the absolute shite being spouted by those genuinely thick as pigshit dingles from t'other side of the Pennines.

For that reason alone, I hope the QC feeds back to us that we have a realistic case. If he does, then I hope we go for it and I hope we win!

Reactions: GSM
Not got a penny coming in and we can find this money to appeal just pray it’s worth it. Or this realy could finish us

Everyone in football knows we’ve been screwed, know we’ve been the victim of some corrupt ***** and know the efl are complicit through their own failings in this mess and have compounded the problem. What reputational damage have these wankers caused themselves? Surely the efl sponsors can’t be happy at being associated with such a poorly run organisation? Like uefa and fifa they are not fit to govern the game.

Everyone in football knows how corrupt it is.....from Abramovich downwards. The game is run by liars and cheats, much like the UK government really. Lying and cheating seem to be considered the norm these days.

Everyone in football knows how corrupt it is.....from Abramovich downwards. The game is run by liars and cheats, much like the UK government really. Lying and cheating seem to be considered the norm these days.
Well said Nottingham but that government comment goes back years and years, football sadly with the amount of money at the top is more of a these days occurrence and it stinks to high hell.
Saying that our Latics have suffered at the hands of football before. How many times did we get overlooked when trying to get elected to the league?

Not got a penny coming in and we can find this money to appeal just pray it’s worth it. Or this realy could finish us
Reckon DW has stumped up the cash and he’ll get the money back from the new owners if we win. Think how many millions we save if we stay up in extra TV money and don’t lose players for peanuts due to relegation clauses.

Been doing a bit of digging on my goldfish laptop and people in the know and lawyers etc seem to be saying that for a variety of reasons we have a chance with this appeal. It's in new territory and never been appealed before but we are in with a shout.

Supposing we do win, points deduction rescinded can we go even further and sue the EFL for damages????

I've said it before, but every credit to this young man (and those helping him).

Based on what he says here though, with Parry asking him to provide the EFL with evidence, it just gives me a warm feeling that the EFL know that they've missed things, and more to the point, feel that they haven't a leg to stand on.

I reckon that to save face, they'll still give us a point reduction, but in order to accommodate the "unusual circumstances" (Covid, extended season, no crowds, no income, .......no mention of the F&P test for the owner, mind, nor their failings) it'll be reduced to say 9 points ....................... & hey presto, everybody's happy ....... bar Barnsley.

I've said it before, but every credit to this young man (and those helping him).

Based on what he says here though, with Parry asking him to provide the EFL with evidence, it just gives me a warm feeling that the EFL know that they've missed things, and more to the point, feel that they haven't a leg to stand on.

I reckon that to save face, they'll still give us a point reduction, but in order to accommodate the "unusual circumstances" (Covid, extended season, no crowds, no income, .......no mention of the F&P test for the owner, mind, nor their failings) it'll be reduced to say 9 points ....................... & hey presto, everybody's happy ....... bar Barnsley.

I can't quote it directly but i saw someone had a list of the various appeals that went to the independent pannel and majority of the punishments were reduced in some way. So while there is no guarentee this will be one of those times - as it's unprecedented circumstances and each pannel is probably different - it certainly is a possibility. Fingers crossed.