12/18 after six as we reach the first break. | Vital Football

12/18 after six as we reach the first break.

ramAnag

Vital Reserves Team
Quite an encouraging start for Lampard and Derby really...especially thinking back to how things looked just a fortnight ago.
Even more gratifying when you consider the following comparable records...
Clement 2/18, Tufty 4/18, Rowett 5/18 and not forgetting the ‘all conquering’ Karanka...7/18.

Early days but there are signs that Mel and Frank might be getting things right...and they’ve got rid of much of the deadwood too.

4th place and just 2 points off the top and we will get better as we get used to the FL Way.
Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm here but Hull are a poor side and had they taken their chances the result yesterday would have been very different. Our defence needs looking at, they tend to be marking the space or the zone, rather than the man. Too much ball watching and too little movement an reading of the game for me. The through ball for their goal yesterday was superb but where were the centre-backs? Wisdom tried and failed to close the goalscorer down but couldn't reach him................Need someone in there to marshall the troops.

The hard part is to keep smiling when we lose one!
Still think there is lots more work to do with this squad. The performance yesterday was well below par and as I have already said the defence was in disarray at times yesterday. A top class forward line would have destroyed us. Keogh couldn't marshall a good fart and Tomori went to bits at times.

Still think there is lots more work to do with this squad. The performance yesterday was well below par and as I have already said the defence was in disarray at times yesterday. A top class forward line would have destroyed us. Keogh couldn't marshall a good fart and Tomori went to bits at

Yes can't argue with any of that we are a long way from being a good team yet But not really surprising considering after six games we have used 24 different players many making their debuts We moved 20 players out and 9 in in this last transfer window so it will take time I would be surprised if this squad finish above half way Lampard still assessing his starting eleven we just have to be patient i can see a lot of defeats before the season ends Hope we have one soon I'm missing Basie ?

Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm here but Hull are a poor side and had they taken their chances the result yesterday would have been very different. Our defence needs looking at, they tend to be marking the space or the zone, rather than the man. Too much ball watching and too little movement an reading of the game for me. The through ball for their goal yesterday was superb but where were the centre-backs? Wisdom tried and failed to close the goalscorer down but couldn't reach him................Need someone in there to marshall the troops

Bloomer don't know if you watch the Boro v Leeds match on Friday night but that's how to defend Neither of those will lose many game

A decent points haul, but no more than that considering the teams we've played. We've beat 2 teams at home who have lost all their away games and 2 teams away who have lost all their home games. We've also given Millwall their only victory of this season.

The only decent team we have played, destroyed us.

I can't think of any sustained periods of play where we have hammered he opposition, like in SM1 days. Given time, I hope that things will come together, but this needs to happen soon because we're running out of poor opponents.

I don't mean to sound negative but the facts speak for themselves.

A decent points haul, but no more than that considering the teams we've played. We've beat 2 teams at home who have lost all their away games and 2 teams away who have lost all their home games. We've also given Millwall their only victory of this season.

I can't think of any sustained periods of play where we have hammered he opposition, like in SM1 days. Given time, I hope that things will come together, but this needs to happen soon because we're running out of poor opponents.

Hmm, most teams are finding their feet in the new season, Leeds were outstanding against Derby but have lost to Preston at home, a team we beat................All swings and roundabouts until Christmas, then the real grind starts, hopefully with a few younger players we don't start to faulter as in recent seasons.

If you don’t mean to...don’t. ;)
You’re right about the opposition but equally, Leeds thrashed a side who’d only just met and had just lost their captain.
Sure there’ll be ups and downs throughout the next nine months and it’s only very early but another fact is...we’ve got off to a decent start for once. Enjoy...we’ll get better too!

The opposition on paper doesn't look good but there are no easy matches in the Championship. We need Huddlestone back as he's a calming influence. The thing I'm not liking is the headless chicken mode we fall into at the back.

Hmm, most teams are finding their feet in the new season, Leeds were outstanding against Derby but have lost to Preston at home, a team we beat................All swings and roundabouts until Christmas, then the real grind starts, hopefully with a few younger players we don't start to faulter as in recent seasopop

Bloomer Preston beating Leeds in the Carabo is
completely irrelevant Leeds like Derby made 9 changes using most of their U23 team

Tbf mista...if I remember correctly, before we beat Preston you warned that they were a good side and between us beating Hull 4-0 and then 2-1 you said how much stronger they’d be in the Saturday match.
I happen to believe you know what you’re talking about but even you can’t have it both ways.
Preston just missed out to us for the play offs last season. Hull were strong at the end of last season and it’s only sixteen months since they were in the Prem.
It’s early and we can’t get ahead of ourselves but...credit where credit is due...a newly assembled squad under a rookie manager have done well.

Tbf mista...if I remember correctly, before we beat Preston you warned that they were a good side and between us beating Hull 4-0 and then 2-1 you said how much stronger they’d be in the Saturday match.
I happen to believe you know what you’re talking about but even you can’t have it both ways.
Preston just missed out to us for the play offs last season. Hull were strong at the end of last season and it’s only sixteen months since they were in the Prem.
It’s early and we can’t get ahead of ourselves but...credit where credit is due...a newly assembled squad under a rookie manager have done well.

RA yes you are right to point Preston are a good side and i think they will finish above us We did have luck when we played them they had played at Norwich on the Wednesday night they lost both their centre halves to injury and played two rookies against us Hull have hardly got any of the players who finished last season for them all their loans went back ie Wilson etc Evan the most biased supporter would have to agree we were lucky to beat them on Sat As for the Prem I would be surprised if they even have any players left from that side I can think of Alioski Dawson Robertson Davies Huddleston Meylar Larsson they all left

Last edited:
Tale of 2 halves. We could have been 4 up at HT but weren't. Could have been 4 behind by 80 minutes but weren't.

87 minutes. On comes never say die Bennett who brilliantly engineers a chance to cross to Jozefzoon. I am starting to believe that 18/19 is the season where the injury plagued boy wonder becomes a man.

Their goal? Their player had too much space. I understand the "condensing the space" part of zonal marking and have coached it. What didn't happen is the "angles and distance" part of it. Never get so far away from a player that you can no longer get to close him down, press him into an error or force him into a rushed pass that won't be all that accurate. I hope it was just an error on Wisdom's part and that he was not playing to orders.

Tale of 2 halves. We could have been 4 up at HT but weren't. Could have been 4 behind by 80 minutes but weren't.

87 minutes. On comes never say die Bennett who brilliantly engineers a chance to cross to Jozefzoon. I am starting to believe that 18/19 is the season where the injury plagued boy wonder becomes a man.

Their goal? Their player had too much space. I understand the "condensing the space" part of zonal marking and have coached it. What didn't happen is the "angles and distance" part of it. Never get so far away from a player that you can no longer get to close him down, press him into an error or force him into a rushed pass that won't be all that accurate. I hope it was just an error on Wisdom's part and that he was not playing to orders.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Latest Rams News