11th May 1985 | Vital Football

11th May 1985

RIP to the 56 who died.

Still haunts me that it was purely by chance that actually didn't go to that match! I originally planned to go but something came up and I didn't!

Take the time to read through that list. The oldest was 86, the youngest 11 (and there were three of them); they would have been 44 now. Numerous members of the same family, husbands and wives, brothers and sisters, fathers with their children.

Take the time to read through that list. The oldest was 86, the youngest 11 (and there were three of them); they would have been 44 now. Numerous members of the same family, husbands and wives, brothers and sisters, fathers with their children.

There was good programme about the Bradford Fire presented by Gabby Logan (nee Yorath) who was at the match because here dad was manager of Bradford. She talks about how one family lost 3 generations and being sat with the Lincoln players in full kit in the pub behind the ground.

Very moving and really spells out the human cost and trauma!

There was good programme about the Bradford Fire presented by Gabby Logan (nee Yorath) who was at the match because here dad was manager of Bradford. She talks about how one family lost 3 generations and being sat with the Lincoln players in full kit in the pub behind the ground.

Very moving and really spells out the human cost and trauma!
It was on BT Sport. Think it was called One Day In May. Very sombre and made you realise how fragile life is.

I knew the 11th May had significance.
WEnt to the Bradford game last day the year before. Chris moyses played.
Didn’t go to the fire game. Bradford were champs and I didn’t fancy us getting swamped by them.
Lucky choice I guess. But I wouldn’t have been in that stand.
RIP those who died. And lots of love to all of the families. X

My daughter is now the same age I was when it happened.
Wasn't pleasant at all telling her about it last week and that kids her age died.

Last edited:
RIP to the 56 who died.

Still haunts me that it was purely by chance that actually didn't go to that match! I originally planned to go but something came up and I didn't!

Same here. Fortunately, my girlfriend won the day on that occasion.