10 Video Documentaries To Watch. | Vital Football

10 Video Documentaries To Watch.

TuBBz

Are You Local?
10 Video Documentaries To Watch.

1. Dangerous Knowledge

In this one-off documentary, David Malone looks at four brilliant mathematicians - Georg Cantor, Ludwig Boltzmann, Kurt Gödel and Alan Turing - whose genius has profoundly affected us, but which tragically drove them insane and eventually led to them all committing suicide.

2. Dogfighting Undercover

BBC-Dogfighting Undercover-August 30, 2007 Investigation into the secret and dangerous world of international dogfighting. For a year and a half, a BBC undercover team operated alongside dogfighting gangs in the UK and Europe, capturing on camera the savagery of organised fights. The film also reveals how American pitbull terriers - a banned breed created to be the ultimate canine gladiator - have been sold by the gangs into inner city Britain.

3. Secret Space

'A masterful documentary it cracks on at a tremendous pace. A subject that at first seems too ridiculous to contemplate leaves you nodding in agreement ... I always thought there was something suspicious about NASA's attitude to UFOs. Now I know why.' - Jason Cooney, K-Drive Radio, Los Angeles.

4. The History Of Freemasonry Of US

Very interesting documentary about freemasonry in US from the very first days of independence. Produced by the History Channel.

5. The Iceman - Confessions Of A Mafia Hitman

Up Close and Personal with a Killer. When I was finally admitted into the bowels of Trenton State Prison in New Jersey’s capital to interview multiple murderer Richard Kuklinski, a.k.a. “the Iceman,” it wasn’t at all what I had expected. My assumption was that it would be like the movies. We’d be separated by a shatter-proof glass barrier. We’d communicate through telephone handsets. There would be guards all around watching our every move. But I couldn’t have been more wrong. Clarice Starling had more protection when she visited Dr. Hannibal “the Cannibal” Lector in The Silence of the Lambs. At least she had bars.

6. Zeitgeist The Movie

Most of you know this one and seen it, but for those who might not.

7. The Half-Ton Man Documentary

Patrick Deuel is the world's heaviest man - almost 1100 pounds. This documentary opens with paramedics removing a wall of his house in Valentine, Nebraska and transporting him six hours to a hospital where he spent months trying to lose weight to qualify for a gastric bypass operation.

8. Footballs Fight Club Part 1

Footballs Fight Club Part 1

Broadcast around 2002 in the UK. This is part one of two documentaries regarding football violence in the UK and in Europe

9. Why We Bang Documentary

The film, "Why We Bang," produced and directed by Orlando Myrics and Clifford Jordan for Ghetto Logik Entertainment is an independent film that documents the historical background of LA's Bloods and Crips gangs, then transitions into several interviews of current and former members of the Bloods and Crips of Los Angeles.

10. Big Sugar

Big Sugar explores the dark history and modern power of the world's reigning sugar cartels. Using dramatic reenactments, it reveals how sugar was at the heart of slavery in the West Indies in the 18th century, while showing how present-day consumers are slaves to a sugar-based diet. Going undercover, Big Sugar witnesses the appalling working conditions on plantations in the Dominican Republic, where Haitian cane cutters live like slaves. Workers who live on Central Romano, a Fanjul-owned plantation, go hungry while working 12-hour days to earn $2 (US).

Robbed from another forum

Thanks for that list, Tubbz.

I've just watched Secret Space. I thought it was a load of cock. Basically, he thinks that Nasa is evil, full of Nazis, occultists and Freemasons.

There are grainy clips of UFOs and interviews with people who make UFO magazines.

The quality is very poor and almost no evidence presented to back up the wild claims. It seems to be based mostly on his own opinion and 'experts' like David Icke.

I like UFOs. I hope that aliens do exist but crappy 'documentaries' like that do nobody any good.

BodyButter - 20/4/2013 20:32

Thanks for that list, Tubbz.

I've just watched Secret Space. I thought it was a load of cock. Basically, he thinks that Nasa is evil, full of Nazis, occultists and Freemasons.

There are grainy clips of UFOs and interviews with people who make UFO magazines.

The quality is very poor and almost no evidence presented to back up the wild claims. It seems to be based mostly on his own opinion and 'experts' like David Icke.

I like UFOs. I hope that aliens do exist but crappy 'documentaries' like that do nobody any good.

I think you're being kind about Secret Space, I fell asleep during the film.

Good one on now BBC 4 "Ocean Giants". About Dolphin and Whale intelligence, its very fascinating.

Marine biologists and philosophers have joined forces to support a controversial declaration of rights for whales and dolphins on the grounds that their astonishing intelligence and emotional empathy puts them on a par with humans.

Research into the complex behaviour of cetaceans – whales, dolphins and porpoises – is revealing that these sea mammals are so highly evolved and complex in terms of their behaviour that they deserve special protection with a universal bill of rights, they said.

Dolphins and whales have complex vocal communications and are able to learn an astonishing variety of behaviours when they come into contact with humans, such as cooperative fishing with native fishermen. The proponents of the bill of rights argue the cetacean mind is so advanced and self-aware that whales and dolphins should be classified as "non-human persons" who deserve the right to life, liberty and wellbeing. "A person needs to be an individual," said Tom White, a philosopher at the Hilton Centre for Business in Los Angeles. "If individuals count then the deliberate killing of individuals of this sort is ethically the equivalent of deliberately killing a human being.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/whales-and-dolphins-are-so-intelligent-they-deserve-same-rights-as-humans-say-experts-7237448.html

Although not technically a documentary and more of a film biog.

Does anyone know what the story of Def Leppard was called, and where I can find a link to it. My daughter loves Def Leppard and I want to show her it

[youtube=5FqrGNg5FN4]

[youtube=a007-qeEDwA]

[youtube=qpGCRJmVE_g]

Part 4 seems to be missing

[youtube=Pke-TJAyCjA]

John's Not Mad is a QED documentary made by the BBC in 1989. It was ranked, in a British public poll, as one of the 50 Greatest Documentaries

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xseenh_john-s-not-mad_shortfilms#.UXdxBYLpXx4

I bought John's Not Mad on DVD, absolute genius telly.

I must have loaned that DVD to at least 20 people.

I watched on film 4 the other week one called Undefeated about a high school american football team in the south. Was really good. They had never won a game in their history.

Inside Job (2010)

Must-see documentary explaining how a gang of bankers, lobbyists and academics conspired to destroy the global economy in 2008 whilst making themselves insanely rich. All the people involved have either retired to their castles or still in power, not a penny of their money paid back.

Riveting and frightening viewing.

Links Please People

Inside Job

http://liberteque.com/en/viewvideo/897/9-11-afterparty/inside-job-2010-english.html

Undefeated

[youtube=ofe5lxvRaSI]

Green Tea - 23/4/2013 20:13

Marine biologists and philosophers have joined forces to support a controversial declaration of rights for whales and dolphins on the grounds that their astonishing intelligence and emotional empathy puts them on a par with humans.

Research into the complex behaviour of cetaceans – whales, dolphins and porpoises – is revealing that these sea mammals are so highly evolved and complex in terms of their behaviour that they deserve special protection with a universal bill of rights, they said.

Dolphins and whales have complex vocal communications and are able to learn an astonishing variety of behaviours when they come into contact with humans, such as cooperative fishing with native fishermen. The proponents of the bill of rights argue the cetacean mind is so advanced and self-aware that whales and dolphins should be classified as "non-human persons" who deserve the right to life, liberty and wellbeing. "A person needs to be an individual," said Tom White, a philosopher at the Hilton Centre for Business in Los Angeles. "If individuals count then the deliberate killing of individuals of this sort is ethically the equivalent of deliberately killing a human being.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/whales-and-dolphins-are-so-intelligent-they-deserve-same-rights-as-humans-say-experts-7237448.html

Couldn't agree more

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=atube&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=&filter=

For those who like to watch this stuff on the TV you can download the complete documentaries off Youtube by downloading "ATubecatcher"

Be careful when Installing uncheck the boxes to stop the download changing your homepage/search engine etc.

Also brilliant for snagging Audio files...

Attachments

• ROTAF$S8~V2FZVR%7L@$_SN.jpg
    ROTAF$S8~V2FZVR%7L@$_SN.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 0
col8 - 30/4/2013 00:33

for those who were down south.

But they missed out the bit where we sunk their battleship outside the exclusion zone as it was heading away from the Falklands towards Argentina to kick it all off, they also missed out the bit about the Peru peace talks where Argentina had already agreed to withdraw their forces and enter talks, Thatcher and other members of her Gov were supposed to be there but got "delayed" at about the same time as the sinking, and then it was too late wasn't it.

It's almost like Thatcher wanted to go to war, but no prime minister of this Country would ever sacrifice the lives of our lads just to win an election, would they?