10 Points behind Lincoln | Page 11 | Vital Football

10 Points behind Lincoln

That's pretty standard, though. There are lots of variations of that but they're all broadly similar in their message.

I know the game has changed Luke, but it's all laughably over-complicated.

For example, someone very successful (at least more so than Lee Johnson or even Danny Cowley) once said this, and in my view it's still mostly relevant:

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple."

I know the game has changed Luke, but it's all laughably over-complicated.

For example, someone very successful (at least more so than Lee Johnson or even Danny Cowley) once said this, and in my view it's still mostly relevant:

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple."
I don't know who did say that, but it does sound like something the old Fulham Manager Alec Stock (manager for '75 cup final) would say.
It's just missing the "Hmmm ?" off the end of it :- )=

I don't know who did say that, but it does sound like something the old Fulham Manager Alec Stock (manager for '75 cup final) would say.
It's just missing the "Hmmm ?" off the end of it :- )=

No, much more well known than him, even if the man in question did once manage Grimsby Town (where he finished behind Lincoln City)

How, as a player could you see that and not piss yourself laughing. Drag zone for crying out loud. I've got images of Ru Paul on one part of the pitch, and after you've gone there, you get to have fun in the pin zone like at a bowling alley or something, or do crazy shots in the Bomb Alley. And what in the name of all this is holy is a POMO?? Jeez.

I think it's Diag Zone actually, probably referring to a point in the field where you hit the long diagonal over the full back...

POMO is Point of Maximum Opportunity, a common phrase in modern football coaching.

I think it's Diag Zone actually, probably referring to a point in the field where you hit the long diagonal over the full back...

POMO is Point of Maximum Opportunity, a common phrase in modern football coaching.

This new learning amazes me Sir Bedevere. Explain to me again how sheep’s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

STOP IT. It's all getting a bit silly!

You learn something new every day:cool:

After the defeat to the Shrews, lets just say the BS detectors are out. Some already regretting not appointing the Cooleys.

After the defeat to the Shrews, lets just say the BS detectors are out. Some already regretting not appointing the Cooleys.
I'm liking the Cooleys, that could stick.
I believe a report that I read somewhere is that The Cooleys advised the owners of some significant squad weaknesses that would take much longer than the short term contract that was only on offer.