10 Days and counting | Vital Football

10 Days and counting

1972Glory

Vital Squad Member
I think that the next 10 days are the most important in the clubs recent history. Unless we solve the striker issue, on current form we will be lucky to make the playoffs. The players are not performing that badly, but to continually waste scoring opportunities like we do is eventually going to sap the confidence out of them. So what do we do about Bamford?, he is fantastic as a target man and holding the ball and bringing others into play but try as he might, he is not a goal scorer and he is starting to pile pressure on himself which is back-firing. I don't profess to know the answer and I'm not sure that Bielsa does as yet, but its safe to say that nothing will change until we obtain another striker from somewhere. The next game is at home to Millwall and you can be sure they will be at us from the start, it will be a real test of character.

We need at least three players. Bamford is shot to shit again but I suppose he doesn't get any confidence when all he's heard in January is he isn't good enough.

It's not rocket science to say just someone who can take some of these chances will change the dynamic of the whole team. Players who had been playing well are now not looking so good. However we are still creating a reasonable amount of chances each game so Bielsaball is still working to some extent. Just any chance for Bamford needs to pretty much be a tap in.

looks like it’s going to be the same old problems, ground hog day once again, we should have had new players in on day one ,if money is put down on the table deals can be done, if we haven’t got the finances to go in for the players we want then make it clear to the fans, we do seem to struggle to get decent deals done unless it’s one of victor ortas bargain buys ,

We are relying on loans. The club said in the summer they had to clear a few out to stay within the FFP. Everyone is laughing at Derby but if we splash the cash the league will hit us with a 50 point penalty before the ink was dry on the contract.

We are relying on loans. The club said in the summer they had to clear a few out to stay within the FFP. Everyone is laughing at Derby but if we splash the cash the league will hit us with a 50 point penalty before the ink was dry on the contract.
And there in lies a massive issue. Managers will look at the Clarke & Nketiah scenarios and may decide that there is no guarantee that the loanee would get a sufficient amount of games on a regular basis, although if its a striker then that may not be the case, but...………… how many strikers have we taken on were they have scored on their debut and perhaps one more game and then reverted to Barn Door Billy! Maybe we should have paid Roofe his demands after all.

Bielsa seems unwilling to ever change his 4-5-1 Whoever comes in will be on the bench unless he is willing to drop Bamford. And he has said he will only bring in someone who fits the system and playing the lone forward doesn't suit everyone. I know Bielsa hates hoof ball but surely a few tweaks to the master plan once in a while wouldn't be such a crime.

Povada now signed, could be decent but will struggle to get a start, hopefully come on as an impact sub ,still looking and waiting for a 1st team player to come in,

Povada, according to reports is a winger who has played 1 first team game against Burton Albion. Presumably this is the replacement for Jack Clarke, the issue is that he has only played 1 first team game and that was against Burton Albion so not sure how he will fit into the first team and be an immediate impact, I guess we will see. It seems that Che Evans is still the player Bielsa wants, however given the comments by the Saints management team, its not going to happen and with just over a week left in the window we are wasting valuable time, we need to move on quickly and get someone or Bielsa needs to perhaps re-think the forward formation and change, I will lewve it in the hands of the great man.

A good long term deal. Will he not start?
des I can’t see him replacing costa or Harrison at the moment, , but just wondering if the intention is for him to become the replacement for Harrison if we don’t get him on a Permanent deal,

Looking like Augustin may be coming in ,is he the answer, facts to be pointed are that things haven’t worked out for the striker at three top clubs and also that he’s only played 260 minutes of league football this season.,how long will it take for him to get up to speed with Bielsa,, and will he handle the championship??. Hope beilsa can work is magic,,

I’ve been on YouTube as well ,several minutes worth, unfortunately most of the goals are from 18mth to 2 years ago, hope he can do the job, but I would have preferred somebody who knows the league , I don’t think we are any stronger than we were before the transfer window, we could have played Eddie and Clarke more and kept them ,,just my opinion,,