1 foot on the love boat.... | Page 8 | Vital Football

1 foot on the love boat....

Ihaventaclue - 23/1/2017 14:31

I've booked my birth, got my passport and i-spy book for whale spotters.

youll do well on heer matey as there are some rite whopers around to spot.

usual cabin for me capn. the one neer the engine room so i cant heer the winging about my speling. but close enogh to the lift so i can get to the bar when we win.

What I've noticed about this cruise is that when ever we pull up in port and the captain switches the engines off there is a sudden silence. Peace I think, then it sounds as if he turns them on again. I asked him about it. "No" he said "I don't switch them on again until 5 minutes before cast-off". "ah" I said "it must be nothing more than the whining starting up of fellow cruisers, some of them just can't stop".

BosunBrick, so sorry to offend so early in the cruise. The Cabin, No 7 on the East Side (ES7) was becoming frigid with cold. Even the gulls stopped circling. I could hear 2 lads singing McDonalds farm and I wondered if the good ship had turned into an ark. I'm glad to be out. ReJoycing and ready for moresy of the sam e thing. I think we'll be casting off in a day or so for a trip up the ship canal again, plenty of Power ..... full steam ahead. It'll be a cracker even if it may at times it maybe a bit rough. we'll sail though the storm, and hopefully our shots will have more directional stability that a trident missile, or more accurately their efforts have as much as the said missile.

BosunBrick, so sorry to offend so early in the cruise. The Cabin, No 7 on the East Side (ES7) was becoming frigid with cold. Even the gulls stopped circling. I could hear 2 lads singing McDonalds farm and I wondered if the good ship had turned into an ark. I'm glad to be out. ReJoycing and ready for moresy of the sam e thing. I think we'll be casting off in a day or so for a trip up the ship canal again, plenty of Power ..... full steam ahead. It'll be a cracker even if it may at times it maybe a bit rough. we'll sail though the storm, and hopefully our shots will have more directional stability that a trident missile, or more accurately their efforts have as much as the said missile.

I have been contacted by several of our American friends regarding another cruise. As the Love Boat has been decommissioned I am on the lookout for a suitable vessal. ..is Kittiwake up for sale ?

Not so sure this is a good idea Hindley as the fabled cruise last year was a disaster. I am sure the captain would agree that using the Marie Celeste was a mistake.

TRUE BELIEVER - 21/12/2017 09:39

Not so sure this is a good idea Hindley as the fabled cruise last year was a disaster. I am sure the captain would agree that using the Marie Celeste was a mistake.

He's not all there mate.

Bloody hell....... it's getting to feel a little bit squashed in here now.

Might need to think abart gettin' a new boat. Either that, or start chuckin' a few overboard.

Now, who should we start wi'?.......... ?

Pushing off from Wigan Pier tonight for a 14 night round trip to Birmingham and back. All berths are all inclusive and the warm beer and cheap plonk will be flowing regardless of the next two results.

The fat lady is aboard, just relaxing, she was about to hit the floor and blast out "we will survive", but the tiller girl told her there was no need to.

Maybe in the grand scheme of things it may not be a bad thing, yesterday that is. We have all been swept along on a tide of optimist and feel good factor. Even I have had 1 foot aboard the love boat and still do BTW but it is a massive reality check to ground us all a bit.

We are not going to smash everyone every week...we need to do the hard graft to get the rewards...we also need to pick the right team so GC will have learned summat as well.

All in all the love boat hasn't sprung a leak but is in dry dock for minor repairs...

ALL ABOARD....( insert noise that sounds like that foghorn thingy ).

Hope to see you back on here soon HM,
Will miss your banter and wit whilst you are away.