1-0 | Vital Football

1-0

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
So we have gifted Eastleigh a goal after a minute. I think I am correct in saying that when Pools have gone a goal down they always lose, certainly has been the case this season. Of course it would be nice if we could buck this trend but as I have said, I am not a natural optimist.

Disappointing result, but probably not that surprising.
You can't gift teams in this league, or any other, and hope to get a result. Least of all when your game plan is based on a pressing game, teams just sit back and let you play in front of them and in Pools case we don't have the guile to break them down.

My feeling is still that the season will be voided, so hopefully we will develop a promotion chasing team for next season by adding to the quality we already have.

Didn't watch the game but that first goal sounds like the type of goal Killip gave away on a number of occasions last season, I thought these issues had been ironed out. I agree with your point about giving the opposition a goal that they can then defend. Pools just not quite clever enough to break teams down.

Just watched the highlights. The first goal was different to the other Killip howlers as it was slap bang in the centre of the penalty area edge whereas the others were on the Left (Dagengam away 3-1 loss) or Right edge (Notts County away 2-2 draw). As I say I had thought these comical incident were confined to last season but evidently not. Another striking aspect of the highlights was that apart from the two goals and hitting the post Eastleigh sat back and let Pools attack but their keeper only made one save in the whole game. For a promotion chasing team, Pools show a disappointing and glaring lack of penetration when playing away from home. The Weymouth game followed a similar pattern.